Northern Lights In A Hempy Bucket - Flowering

Mortimer,
Do you remember when your leaves began to yellow?
In your opinion do you believe it was natural or a possible deficiency?
Thanks

I believe it was toward the end of May, perhaps the beginning of the last week of May. This was by far my easiest and healthiest grow. I knew it was not deficiency but rather just the natural maturing of the plant. BTW I chopped the main cola. Pics coming soon.

Sprouted April 4 - yellow end of May - So about 7-8 weeks grow time.
Thanks for the info, this helps me greatly. The yellowing leaves seems fairly common for the NL strain.
Can't wait to see that harvested main cola. Good luck with the drying and curing.

Thanks. My drying temps were too hot so they dried for 2 days and are now in jars. Will add some fresh leaves to moisten it up a bit. Trying hard not too fuck it up.

Shot of main cola chopped this past Tuesday:

20120619_172552.jpg

Sweet buds, is it like a foot long?
I believe it was around 9-10 inches long. The cola weight after 2 days drying in rather high heat was 3/4 of an oz. I will try to weigh the rest of it today and post some more pics. Hopefully a smoke report today as well. Thanks for looking.

Guess I could have done better with the snipping of the extra stems before weighing. Still though one cola at that weight is not bad. I will try to do the total dry weight and smoke report tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Hi mate, sweet bush bro.. Im a fan of Nrhtn lights, they grow well and sum got sum killa kik. Mayb one later i can report on if my mate goes ahead.. Nice one keep it up.. Good luk and Happy Harvesting;) my last Northern x...below

now31.jpg

Hello smokemup in the land down under. Really nice shot of yer NL. Gotta love those heady hefty buds. Trying to find time to do the final weight and smoke report. Soon though. Already germinated my next one, Dinafems Blue Widow. Waiting for it to sprout. Thanks for looking.

Here now is a final report on my not so little Northern Lights grow. When all was said and done I think I did pretty well. She was a high yielder after all. The pictures tell it all. I'll concede that the paper plate was a half gram so take that away. Add the 3/4 oz from the cola and your looking at damn near a quarter pound. Lots of red hairs throughout. Check out the jars. Here's the pics:

20120627_200315.jpg

20120625_172449.jpg

That's the cola there in the left jar. Today I will post a SMOKE REPORT as well. Stay tuned. Thanks for looking.

damn, thats some nice bud and great results, did you say this was an auto, did you get the seed from a seed bank that is sponsor on here, id love to have an auto that grows that much bud, i have plants under veg under 400watt hps so i grow the autos in between the grows so i got a smoke all the time, so if i can get great returns off an auto then that would more than keep me going between grows

damn, thats some nice bud and great results, did you say this was an auto, did you get the seed from a seed bank that is sponsor on here, id love to have an auto that grows that much bud, i have plants under veg under 400watt hps so i grow the autos in between the grows so i got a smoke all the time, so if i can get great returns off an auto then that would more than keep me going between grows

The seed is Royal Queen's Northern Lights Feminized Autoflower. It was one of the free seeds I had gotten from attitude seedbank. This was grown in a hempy bucket using 100% large chunk perlite under a 120w LED and fed using Holland's Secret. I watered with 6.0 ph standing water and kept a fan in my closet for air circulation. The weight does not include the very small but viable popcorn buds from the bottom of the plant. I also kept most of the trimmings. I will use that to make hash. I'm working on the smoke report now. Thanks for looking.

thanks for the info, ill have a look at the strain and see how much the seeds are, i just harvested on auto and only got over 1/4oz, but i got another auto that is bigger so i should hit double that figure, but still nothing to impressive, so if i can find a big hitting auto that gives a decent yield then i could grow this under the veg cycle with no problems, ill have a look around see what their is, thanks mate, reps for the results

thanks for the info, ill have a look at the strain and see how much the seeds are, i just harvested on auto and only got over 1/4oz, but i got another auto that is bigger so i should hit double that figure, but still nothing to impressive, so if i can find a big hitting auto that gives a decent yield then i could grow this under the veg cycle with no problems, ill have a look around see what their is, thanks mate, reps for the results

Yes it was rather bushy and sorta tall for an autoflower. I myself have grown a few micro autos like the blue himalayan diesel or ez ryder and have gotten good bud but low yield. This one was not like that. Much bigger and lots of buds.

Back
Top Bottom