Edge points of leaves curling

static123

Hey guys, I have two kosher Kush girls into week 3 of flower, they are fully organic in soil and using organic bio buzz nutrients, they are under high quality LEDs with a 12 / 12 light cycle, temps are 24 / 25 degrees Celsius and RH is around 50 / 65 at the moment will add the dehumidifier when they are a bit fatter. The question is why are the tips on the sides curling, it seems to only be the top so I took a guess and lifted the light up higher but over the last few days they haven’t changed, what could it be ? Many thanks as always
IMG_0809.jpeg

IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0813.jpeg

IMG_0812.jpeg

I would've done what you did and lift the lights but if it's not changing then I would look at your watering practices. Are you overwatering your plants? How much dryback time are you giving them before you water again?

I'm also seeing some leaf curling so, again, I would've raised the lights. What is the PPFD your lights are putting out currently? Do you have a way to figure out your DLI(Daliy Light Integral)?

I use a phone app called Tent Buddy that measures the PPFD and DLI so that I know how much light energy I am applying to the canopy.

I would've done what you did and lift the lights but if it's not changing then I would look at your watering practices. Are you overwatering your plants? How much dryback time are you giving them before you water again?

I'm also seeing some leaf curling so, again, I would've raised the lights. What is the PPFD your lights are putting out currently? Do you have a way to figure out your DLI(Daliy Light Integral)?

I use a phone app called Tent Buddy that measures the PPFD and DLI so that I know how much light energy I am applying to the canopy.
Hi and thank you for your reply, so I am waiting until the pots are lighter and they look thirsty they seem to be happy with about 3 L every two days, I have done the same with this strain to great success but have never had this problem. Below is a pic of the LED settings at the moment.
IMG_0815.png

It looks like your app gives you PPFD measurements through what it deciphers as the umol that's emitting from the lamp. I would rely more on an actual light meter that measures it at the moment rather than rely on the manufacturer to tell you what it is putting out tailored to it's advertised output.

I could be wrong and the app is correct but I hate relying on manufacturer apps like that. They tend to tailor them to their claims so that no one complains when the lights come up short.

Kinda looks like over water claw to me
That's what I thought also. The clawing to me was either too intense a light along with overwatering but he raised the lights and they're still there. Could be overwatered so when the pot goes light and he waters again I guess we'll see.

I still think it's more light than overwater as he was reporting that it was mostly the top leaves.

Curling or “clawing” of leaves can be caused by several factors. Here are a few possibilities:

Overwatering: This is one of the most common causes of leaf curling. Make sure you’re not overwatering your plants. The soil should be allowed to dry out slightly between waterings.

Nutrient Burn: If you’re feeding your plants too many nutrients, it could result in nutrient burn, which often manifests as curling or yellowing at the leaf tips.

Heat Stress: While your temperatures seem to be within the acceptable range, if the lights are too close, it could cause heat stress. Moving the lights higher was a good move.

Over-fertilization: Biobizz nutrients are usually quite mild, but over-fertilization can still occur, especially if the soil was rich to start with.

That's what I thought also. The clawing to me was either too intense a light along with overwatering but he raised the lights and they're still there. Could be overwatered so when the pot goes light and he waters again I guess we'll see.

I still think it's more light than overwater as he was reporting that it was mostly the top leaves.
Hey yes it’s only the tops that are affected,

The most common symptom to too much light is to change shape or attitude to reduce the area of the leaf that's exposed to light. Canoeing/tacoing is what I've seen, both in my grows and in traipsing around cannabis sites. Another maneuver is to rotate the leaf around the axis of the petiole, the way that blinds on your windows close. If you're really good at it (moi), you can actually get a cola to bend. Yeah, that was pretty interesting!

For the first two, the plant will start to turn back very soon after light levels decrease. In the situation where I left my Mars SP 3000 on full power by mistake, it took < 60 minutes to go back to normal. The bent cola stayed that way.

I'll throw in another "get a light meter" comment - the Uni-T Bluetooth is ≈ $32 (delivered) and, in practical terms, is as good as a $600 Apogee. That's a cheap price to pay to avoid stepping on your dick be able to get really good light on your grow. Sure, you can still get too much light on your grow, as I have demonstrated from time to time, but it also helps you get the biggest reward after the three months + of work that we put into our grows.

Back
Top Bottom