Electronic PH meters

hurr

Who makes a great PH meter that does not cost a months rent. I bought Ferry-Morse Electronic Soil Tester about $20. I broke down and looked at the directions but to no avail, the needle does not move unless I shake the unit then it resumes the original position ie. no indication of the PH. So I am checking the drainage with a cheep dye kit.

Milwaukee makes a decent one (PH600) that you can pick up for around $20. I bought one about a year and a half ago and it's still going strong.

At the moment I'm using an HM PH-80 digital pen purchased through our sponsor Perfect Gardens. It also reads temperatures in Celsius. (The directions include a Fahrenheit conversion chart.)

It wasn't expensive , off the top of my head it was under $50. Works flawlessly.

Two things I like about it versus my old pen are: it reads almost instantly-in about 1.5 seconds. The old one would start out high and gradually drop to the correct PH, sometimes taking a minute. The other thing is that the cap has a little sponge pressed into it. That helps keep the sensors from drying out even if laid on its side.

The only thing that it lacks is a clip to hold it onto the side of the reservoir. But, the readings are so fast that it doesn't seem necessary.

Ferry-Morse Electronic Soil Tester is meant for testing the pH of the soil, however you're asking for one for your liquid solutions right?

The one josh got is pretty nice, not super expensive but still good. Also I think you can change the temperature to F, josh? I could be wrong but I thought you can.

The drop kit is nice too if you're not looking for exact readings.

Yes, JJ I am looking to check the PH of the drainage from my ladies. My mother plant and her sister have an issue with nute lock out I understand was most likely caused by my not doing a better job of managing the PH. I am vowing to do a better job and securing the tools for the job will be the beginning.
Thanks to all who have responded,

If you suspect nutrient lock issue's you might want to think about doing a flush...

Nutrient lock has very little to do with PH of solution tho & i believe you will find that it is caused by the over use of chemical/synthetic based liquid feeds creating a salt build up with in the soil/compost effecting the PH of the medium in general.

Hence when using such liquid ferts in soil etc a feed/water/feed regime or some thing similar is best to help prevent build up of salts :thumb:

I used the Milwaukee 600 for a year,then it let me down(my own in experience ,of cleaning probes)

now I use the hanna dual calibration, it seems to work pretty good

if you buy online,try out one of the site sponsor's ,they make THIS possible for all of us:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom