Element deficiency

Here To Learn

So I have been told that the problem in these pics may be a Cal/Mag deficiency or a Nitrogen deficiency.
deficiency_11.jpg

deficiency_21.jpg

deficiency_3.jpg

I am on day 28 of flower using General Hydro Flora series nutes. I am using 1tsp. of Micro, 1/2tsp. of Gro and 1+1/2tsp. of Bloom per gallon. To this I add 1tsp. of Diamond Nectar, 1/4tsp. of Floralicious Plus and 1tsp. of Advanced Nutrients Revive per gallon. This grow is in Black Gold organic potting soil under 1000 watts of High Pressure Sodium lighting.

The strain is Wonderberry any further input as to what the problem is would be appreciated.

If you want to see more check my journal link.

Re: Element deficiency?

The problem is definately not Nitrogen, it is one of micro-nutrient proportions or your Ph. Check your Ph to see if it is in the required range 6.0-7.0. If your Ph is off, the medium will "lock" up other neccessary nutrients needed to maintain stable growth making them unavailable to the plant. Check your nutes to see if they contain any micro-nutes and then check your Ph. Whatever one is not correct is the one that needs correcting, lol, I'm high man please excuse me but I am serious about your problem and hope this helps you out. One more thing. It takes about 3-4 days for your nutes to get from the medium into the plant before you will start to see results, Do not expect them overnight...:smokin:

Thanks Setting Sun and Malcom. I am going to the store to get chelated zinc tablets in a few minutes with dinner. I will give the plants a dose tonight and see what happens in a few days. I have not checked PH through my entire grow but have had very few problems. I checked all of my nutes and the only thing that has any zinc in it is the Revive but it has very little.

I'd guess it's Mn the symptoms start at top and go down Zn is usually in the older growth turning yellow and the new growth curled usually both are treated by the same supplement

Thanks Setting Sun and Malcom. I am going to the store to get chelated zinc tablets in a few minutes with dinner. I will give the plants a dose tonight and see what happens in a few days. I have not checked PH through my entire grow but have had very few problems. I checked all of my nutes and the only thing that has any zinc in it is the Revive but it has very little.
HTL, If you can, try and get a nute that contains all the micro-nutrients needed for healthy growth during both plant cycles. I used all the "popular" nutes available only at the finest establishments if you get my meaning paying premium prices for them as well for many years. A few years ago, I tried using plain ordinary Miricle Gro which has an All Purpose food and a Bloom Booster formula also, both in powder form and the results were unbelievable. Since then, I have never looked back, forward-never straight my friend. If you have the opportunity, try some on just a few of your ladies and match the end results against what you are currently using. They do not have a formula for hydroponics, only for set ups using a medium of some sort, I use a soiless medium myself, good luck...:smokin:

I agree with Malcolm that you don't need any expensive elite nutes to grow nice plants.

Thanks for relating your experience Malcolm.

I see these elite nute lines with like 12 or more bottles of stuff, and I wonder how I could even give all that crap during the course of a grow. It's ridiculous, and expensive.

Thanks for your help guys. My nutes were all given to me for free so I am not worried about the cost until they are gone.

I even provided all of the bloom nutes for my friends 30 plant grow during the 2009 outdoor season and am still rockin multiple gallons of GH flora series 3 part as well as a bunch of additives. However the only thing I have that seems to have Zinc in it is the Advanced nutrients Revive.

Last night I got the zinc tablets and gave each of the girls a gallon of water with 50mg of powdered zinc thoroughly mixed in. I will update with any results in a few days. I expect it will take 3-5 days to see any difference just like when I gave my male nute burn and flushed.

I agree with Malcolm that you don't need any expensive elite nutes to grow nice plants.

I see these elite nute lines with like 12 or more bottles of stuff, and I wonder how I could even give all that crap during the course of a grow. It's ridiculous, and expensive.
That's what we are all here for is it not? To learn from each other and follow the yellow brick road to the tune of the same drum, puff puff passing all the way yes? I do not knock any ones way of doing their own thing or which way they choose to do it. If it works for you then right on. We are all fighting the good fight and that's all that matters so long as we do not fight each other, peace...:smokin:

Well I am happy to report that as of last night and this morning the Zinc deficiency seems to be getting better. The tops of the flowers that were affected had stopped producing pistils and have now started to produce them again. The yellow coloration seems to have stopped advancing also. I must thank Setting Sun, Screwnuts, Malcom and Dr. FrankenKush for stopping in to help. With out the help of this wonderful community this situation could have been disastrous.

Further updates will be added to my journal. I invite you all to visit from time to time.

It's really great marketing to make very expensive INCOMPLETE (needing multiple bottles to complete), nutes and making them sound better than sliced bread.:rofl: It is all aimed at newbs and inexperienced growers and seems to be working really well. AN sure isn't going broke.:laughtwo:

Meanwhile you have the old standbys like Jack's Professional, Dyna-Gro, and even MG that provide complete nutes for pennies a gallon.

Dyna-Gro and Jack's (used to be Peters), are sold to professional greenhouse growers who aren't swayed by hype or claims and demand results. Since both have been around for over 40 years, I guess they deliver.

MG has also been around for a long time, but is more geared to the homeowner market.

DD

zinc deficiency, huh? Never seen one of those before, good to know what it looks like now...

i totally get what people are saying about not wanting to buy a billion bottles of nutrients. It's frickin expensive. I made the dumba@# mistake of buying an entire line of products at one when i was new. So stupid. But what I've learned with time and experience is that you don't' have to buy a whole bunch of stuff to make things work for you.

I mean, you just need a few nutes when you have good genetics and a good clean grow room. At least, I've never needed an entire room filled with bottles and nute potions.

Just the basics folks, just the basics...:rollit:

I've seen that kind of thing with GH before, but I don't believe that's the case with Advanced Nutrients.

Their base nutes are pretty complete. The only way you're going to see a micronutrient deficiency is if your pH runs too high or too low and locks them out.

It's easy to look at a large product catalog and believe it's nothing more than a single divided product but not necessarily the case. Look at it like this - a multi-tool may serve the function of a whole toolbox worth of tools, but if all you really need is a screwdriver a multitool is not going to be as useful.

I've got dozens of screwdrivers, at least four different kinds of hammers, and even a couple multi-tools. Each tool has unique strengths and weaknesses that make it better suited to certain tasks. In the case of Advanced Nutrients, I've found that you can always rely on the base nutes as a solid foundation with no weak spots, and then select (or not) additional tools on top of that.

Just because they've got a dozen or however many different bottles doesn't mean you need them all. My philosophy is to never buy a product I don't understand the use for. I started with the base nutes (the Sensi) and Big Bud and over the course of my growing I've expanded my toolbox to include most but not all of their stuff, but I wouldn't say it's necessary to have them all.

Back
Top Bottom