Hi all! FNG first time DWC - Please take a look and give opinions!

Ok so didn't have time to do water change before lights out the other day so did it the next day.
Ph'd water to 5.0ish that day though.
Water changed and now mix is 370ppm starting and high 5's ph.
Roots smelled and looked fine, MOAB isn't here yet so next change will start it.

I never liked DWC. The constant interaction between the roots and solution seem like perfect conditions for pH and nutrient fluctuations. Anaerobic conditions are always a threat. I stick with re-circulating.

This morning ph is down to 6.5 and ppm are the same gonna top off with 1/2 gal of r/o water ph'd to bout 5.5 and see if we can land in the 6.0 range.

Does this plan sound ok?

If PPM is the same and the res is droping then you want the top off to be a similar PPM. So basically if you have a stable system then let it be unless it has been too far too long.

I definitely don't see the need to introduce water pH'd below 5.8 at any stage and not below 6 in veg.

I would mix up a solution based on the maturity of the plant looking at the size and the lighting restrictions as well as temps and humidity. It may be that your plant is at a stage that should be about 600 PPM and the res is now 700. (This is made up numbers and not meant to be meaningful). So top off with something pH'd correctly, not over done, and the PPM of something like low like 100 (do the math based on volume) to bring the tank down to 600 (Those are garbage numbers. There is a bit more math to it).

But if it is drinking it up fast at like 800 PPM then mix up some Solution to 800 for the top off. Feed it what it is asking for based on Uptake, PPM and pH measurements.

Alright so we used 1/2 tsp fertilizer per gallon. I'm gonna need 1/2 to 3/4 gal top off, so will use 1/4 to 1/2 gal even, to bring up the ppm's a bit.

Just don't wanna go to high and nitrogen problems continue or get worse.
I thought it was a 350-400 ppm plant based on last set of pics posted. I'll post some more and compare for new growth

This morning ph is still 6 to 6.5 and ppm are 388. So plant is drinking but not taking up much if any nutrients right.
Ph is still a little high also.

Likely you are correct. That can happen normally when changing nute profile like when you start using bloom nutes. When the profile changes the plant may need time to adjust depending on the rate of photosynthesis and transpiration.

I would top off with pH'd water for the time being to lower the concentration.

That's what we are doin now thanks, we've been in bloom and using these same nutrients for 5 weeks now.
Today the ph 5 to 5.5, ppm 410.
Still drinking but not taking up nutrients.

I have not done enough comparisons to be a sound voice. I use some expensive stuff but it is strictly fungus which I like so I can control that independent of other things. Many companies sell much cheaper products that are likely as good but are bundled with beneficial bacteria which I make myself. You are looking for a Mycos product and all decent nute manf. have one in their product line. So if you have good access to one you like then use it.

A lot of people are happy with a product called Orca. There are different kinds so if you get a powder you'll wanna warm it up first to activate the spores. Let us know what you get and we shall see if that product has any gotchas.

But I use this stuff.
White Widow | Humboldt Nutrients

What is the function of the fungi, it will help with our what we asume is an unstable res?

The ph at water change was at 6 to 6.5 we knew it was gonna go down and today is at 5.5ish

Topped off 3/4 gal just r/o because ppm was up to 410 today from 388 yesterday.

There are lots of things fungi can do. What is most readily available are different types of Glomus which is a type of mycorrhizal fungi found in all areas of the world where roots exist. They have a symbiotic relationship. They soak up extra nutrients laying around that the roots don't need and later when the roots need them they will release them into the roots. In this way they act as both a buffer and a time release traffic cop as well as a good means of transportation. Different ones do slightly different things.

I recommend doing some research on those key words or fungi +hydroponic or something like that and you will find every company sells something. You just have to know what to look for.

Which brings up a good point. The label on the back is more important than the front. They should be listing proudly all the living or dormant things they are selling. The point is while looking at a brand get to the page that shows the label or the active ingredients or what not and there should be a list of all the things. The link I posted lists off a bunch of glomus you get in the stuff I use. If anything on there doesn't make sense google it. All of the important stuff they are advertising is easily found.

With some fungi in there the roots can really work correctly. For many plants it is the main wayof extracting some nutrients from the soil.

Thanks again for all your help, have been looking at Orca for now it's affordable at this point.
Still no MOAB, have to see what the hell happened in shipping.
Plant has seemed to slow way down and is just kinda paused all growth.
Do you think we could still have nitrogen problems?

Stunting happens for a lot of reasons. Most common is humidity, Nitrogen does often as well. They prefer to grow in warm and humid conditions during veg...much more than you are comfortable in. 80 degrees at 60% humidity is like tropical weather. When the humidity gets below 40% it can come to a screeching halt. There are many other things that can cause stunting.

In the future if you want real good responses... all you need to do is throw down a picture or two and if you can 3 days of res measurements (ph, PPM, Temps, Levels, Top offs) and we should have no problems explaining what is happening. Keeping notes in Hydro in the beginning is very helpful. I think you saw the journal Closet Case made where he documented his res for us? I splain just about everything you need in there to run a DWC.

ClosetCase420's - RDWC - 600W MH/HPS - Wonder Woman - Grow Journal - 2015

Maybe you should start a journal like he did and we can help you out.

:thumb:

Ya thanks we read the journal. Should we start a journal this far into flower? May only be a few more weeks.

3/25- water change 4g r/o ph'd to 6.0 370ppm, 2 tsp tiger bloom, 2 tsp cal/mag, 4 tsp hydroguard.

3/26- ph up to 6.5 ppm up to 381

3/27- ph steady at 6.5 ppm up to 390

3/28- ph dropped 6 to 6.5 ppm up to 396

3/29- ph dropped 6 to 5.5 ppm 410. Topped off with 3/4g r/o no nutrients.

3/30- ph 5.5 to 5, ppm 381 so ph still dropping.

3/31- ph down to 5 ish, ppm down to 376 so finally ppm down and not up. Will top off with 3/4 r/o again tonight before lights out.

Temps stay between 65°-75° humidity is between 15%-22%, wich is low right?

cecca0757077bf4906240475b25d05fc.jpg

115158e5389efb1f8063635b2ae1d442.jpg

1852186474ba9657d2e46624ba7013a4.jpg

78488be0cdf7ea12d3952363fcd5edd7.jpg

fc9666a8fcca1cbbd41ba529bd9d8605.jpg

Back
Top Bottom