Hi all! FNG first time DWC - Please take a look and give opinions!

That is a wild ride. I mean many people report worse and at least it was a safe long slow drop, so it wasn't a really bad thing. You get that Orca in there and it will help that in 2 ways as it has both bacteria and fungi.

5 it too low. If it keeps dropping change out the res.

The Orca is the extra thing to be ordered, well a digital ph meter is first.

Will be doing a water change this weekend and starting the MOAB.

Our humidity should be higher to right.

Post an updated picture but in general yes. Most strains grow fastest in veg in a tropical like environment one that is not really comfortable. Not bad.. but 80F with 60RH is heavy air. And you need good air movement for that. You wont do that and maybe shouldn't. It depends if you have the setup and it is only for a few weeks.

Not everyone can get that high of humidity and air flow to make an indoor greenhouse. And not getting there adds to reduced growth rate. Not a big deal it can handle going rally low or dry before anything real bad happens.

I post this chart a lot and it is real good at showing what it ideally should be like throughout the grow. That is ideal not required or necessary. You can run the whole time at one temp and it will be fine. You can go a bit outside the temp lines and the plant wont crash. The data is good but more important than ideal zones is the trend and watching how the plant is responding. Knowing where you are in the cycle matters for many reasons. Most importantly with how it is responding. To understand this life cycle you will understand why leaves wither and yellow in fall. Healthy Cannabis is no different. Leaves start shedding long before the plant is ready for harvest.

This is a hydro chart

CCH2O-Recommendations-Graph-1024x743.jpg

Hey VI, did water change today used MOAB.
So mix was 4g r/o water, 1 tsp moab, 1 tsp tigerbloom, 2 tsp cal/mag and 4 tsp hydroguard.
Ph 5.5 and 320 ppm I know that's probably a little low but didn't wanna over do it and burn the plant.

Well I would be more concerned about having the pH that low than the PPM but the plant will work it out.

Did you every get the fungi? Did we talk about that? I see you are using bacteria but the fungi will aid in evening out the transitions and make uptake much smoother.

Don't forget that many of the important nutes need to be absorbed closer to 6.2.

Nutrient_Uptake_and_pH1.jpg

We haven't been able to get the Orca yet may not be on this grow.
Well today she's drank bout 1/4 gal ph is up to between 6.0 and 6.5, ppm 327.
The ph seems to go up before it starts dropping

Whats more important is I believe you are saying it drank a bunch and the concentration stayed about the same. So that is close to very good. When the PPM's are stable as the water drops that is ideal as long as the pH is in the good zone. A healthy res will go up and down in pH a bit. It may take a few days to cycle back. As long as it doesn't shoot off and stays reasonable you can let is try for 3 days to bring it in before you need to really worry.

You want to be monitoring the solution concentration (PPM) and uptake rates as well as pH to know what is actually happening.

The pH is safe for a long ways for the plant. The pH is fine for nutes up to 6.4 and not long after that some start to have real issues. So it is good to not run 6.4 for a very long time... but a few days is fine.

7 isn't a lot. It may be doing that but 7 is almost in the noise WRT that much uptake. Not all things are taken up evenly for various reasons. And it sounds like a decent amount of water but I could be wrong. By now you would know. But that could be well okay still. The fact is it is taking on water (which is very good) and it may bring the PPM down depending on how it calms down. Not likely but it might.

I wouldn't worry about it until it is time to top off and then calculate it. Unless the pH shoots off.

Until you get the Orca in there you need to keep it cold and putting in H2O2. Otherwise it may rot in there right? You know that right?

I think you are playing a dangerous game of not running sterile but not running clean. You got to do one or the other. Orca will clean it up but until you can get that in there you need to keep it sterile. Otherwise infections can cause wild pH that is out of control.

We top off every couple days and it's bout a half gallon usually.
I wondered what was a good number of ppm it's should go down when the plant is taking up nutes. I figured as long as it down from the day before then we're good lol.
Well see what ph and ppm's have done this morning and see what we need to do.

That is some good news...sort off.

The whole point is you take a daily measurement (when you are good you can back off from daily) and top off with a solution that matches the needs the current res is telling you. If it says it is hungry you feed it. if it says too much you dilute it. Certain things you give all the time, certain things you give once in a while and that while varies.

Some people give up and just dump the res each week and follow strict recipes that may conform to the needs of your setup inclulding lights and strain (plus a lot more variables).

This works easier the bigger the res.

So likely the plants are rebounding now and taking on the nutes. I believe you changed the ratio this time with MOAB? So when that changes big or when the plant transitions hormonally it often stops taking up for a bit living off stores then gets going again. It probably is happier to take up the other stuff now that it doesn't need to take up so much nitrogen to get it.

As for pH of yesterday is a pretty big range from "totally ok" to "something to be concerned about". Was today closer to "dead on the ideal" value or "on the edge of a problem" (which is yesterdays range 6.0 - 6.5... ideally 6.2 is early veg, 6.0 is late veg and transition, 5.8 is the middle of bloom, 5.6 is the end of bloom. So it could very well be that you have an ideal situation.

:thumb:

Ok well the ph is back into the mid 5's and ppm is following the water level of res, finally!
We also got the humidity up to bout 30.
My next series of questions is when to harvest, we've read all about using trics or hairs to judge ripeness.
But having never done this we don't have any real confidence in our ability to judge.
And how long before harvest do we flush 1 week 2 weeks?

Have also read some folks stab the stem before harvest, they say to send the plant into repair mode and make extra resins.
Is this true and should we try it?

You got a long way to go before harvest and we can answer that when we get there. There is a good microscope for 6 bucks on a sponsors website here that makes it easy. But more important is looking at the flowers physiology and knowing what you messed up when and judging if the overall ripeness at it's peak. Some flowers may be ready while others are coming back strong and if yo let the ones over ripen you get a larger flower that is perfect.

There are tricks you can do to try and make the plant ripen more evenly and this doesn't really matter but in the end, depending on what things you do (like keeping humidity too low), the growth time varies and can take longer and be less productive and less potent when not in an ideal situation.

Flush in a hydro setup is easy and quick so don't worry about it until you are closer. By then you will understand what to do.

Thanks that's kinda what our worry was. We know we didn't do very well for this poor girl, being our first time.
So we expect smaller less impressive buds and it taking longer.
I'll take a look at the scope now thanks again sir.

Back
Top Bottom