Emmie's Organic Gummy Bears In GeoFlora Nutrients: Aug 2020

Hello @Emilya,

Can you tell me, did you use the Geoflora before you transplanted, or did you go with just water through Day 11?

Thanks!

So far I have always chosen the transplant day to also be a feeding day... but I also gave a teaspoon of geoflora to my solo cups in the very first week, and from now on I will pretreat my soil a week before transplanting into the new containers before transplanting just to get the microbes going before the plants get there.

Thanks for the quick response. Figured I would give GeoFlora a try. Just popped some Chocolate Skunk and Purple Punch. Hoping for a decent harvest. I do ok with making fun stuff with the weed once its grown,, but suck at growing. I appreciate the tips in this here journal. I read through it to form a base for my grow.

Thanks for the quick response. Figured I would give GeoFlora a try. Just popped some Chocolate Skunk and Purple Punch. Hoping for a decent harvest. I do ok with making fun stuff with the weed once its grown,, but suck at growing. I appreciate the tips in this here journal. I read through it to form a base for my grow.
I am having better and better luck with the geoflora as I continue to dial in other factors in my new grow rooms. It is my current belief that once I get the temperatures stable up there in all of the room and get rid of my fungus gnat problem, the geoflora will be providing perfect grows for me with no signs of needing anything else.

Harvest, Day 80
Greetings everyone! Today I put our 2 gummy bears in the dark for a harvest as soon as I can get to it. I overgrew these just a bit so as to get a few F seeds for the collection, and to wait for the amber to get right up to the very top. There isn't a lot of it, considering the 3 gallon containers, but what is there looks to be top shelf... the @GeoFlora Nutrients have done a great job helping me to produce this heavy with trichomes, dankest of the dank, organic buddage. I may take a bunch of clones of this one from our mother plants and continue this line for a while later on, but we will now skip a round with this variety to grow out another round of Durbans in larger containers. I will let you know how harvest, cure and the final smoke test goes on these, as we round out the next month or two, and then I will be finishing up this journal.

DSCF9030.JPG
DSCF9028.JPG
DSCF9027.JPG
DSCF9025.JPG
DSCF9024.JPG
DSCF9023.JPG
DSCF9022.JPG

DSCF9029.JPG

DSCF9026.JPG

I did an experiment with these upon harvest and I can show you the results here. When I saw amber at the very top, I determined that harvest time was upon us. I sat one plant out away from the light, but still in the 12x6 bloom room. I wanted to see if I could see an effect on a plant that was like setting it in the dark for 36 hours, by only taking it out of the bright direct light 18" away from the NextLight MEGA.

My theory is that it is simply the bright light degrading the trichomes during that last day that does not allow the trichomes to grow a bit more, like they do in the dark. So at the end of that day, I pulled the plant into the corner until the next day at that same time, 36 hours later. The trichomes on the plant in corner were in general twice as long as what we could see on the control plant. There is definitely a difference between the two plants, and even with the naked eye this difference can just be seen.

I will now have to do a test of a plant in the corner vs a plant actually in the dark to see where the best benefit can be found, but this experiment brings up some new possibilities for people without a spot that can't achieve the darkness for 36 hours... maybe just slipping a bag over the plant still in the grow room would be enough?

Here are the microscope shots. First, the plant in the bright light, continuing another normal day.

light shot.jpg

Here is the plant kept in the corner, in indirect light.

cornershot2.jpg
cornershot1.jpg

I did an experiment with these upon harvest and I can show you the results here. When I saw amber at the very top, I determined that harvest time was upon us. I sat one plant out away from the light, but still in the 12x6 bloom room. I wanted to see if I could see an effect on a plant that was like setting it in the dark for 36 hours, by only taking it out of the bright direct light 18" away from the NextLight MEGA.

My theory is that it is simply the bright light degrading the trichomes during that last day that does not allow the trichomes to grow a bit more, like they do in the dark. So at the end of that day, I pulled the plant into the corner until the next day at that same time, 36 hours later. The trichomes on the plant in corner were in general twice as long as what we could see on the control plant. There is definitely a difference between the two plants, and even with the naked eye this difference can just be seen.

I will now have to do a test of a plant in the corner vs a plant actually in the dark to see where the best benefit can be found, but this experiment brings up some new possibilities for people without a spot that can't achieve the darkness for 36 hours... maybe just slipping a bag over the plant still in the grow room would be enough?

Here are the microscope shots. First, the plant in the bright light, continuing another normal day.

light shot.jpg

Here is the plant kept in the corner, in indirect light.

cornershot2.jpg
cornershot1.jpg
That's really cool!

Back
Top Bottom