Everclear 190, infuser appliance, I forgot to decarb!

notechvapor

Help?! I need this for my husband. Senior, 1 kidney, copd/emphysema, severe cardio calcification, including throughout the brain. The past 2 weeks there is no denying dementia has shown itself. Symptoms like Sundowners syndrome.

One of the ER visits last week for a new prob =AFib. On 3 meds for that.

I have a 18:23 cbd thc harvest to work with. I put 9 grams into a magic butter like machine. Covered with alcohol, 160 degs 4 hrs.

Is there ANY way to save this? Decarb at a steady temp aftwr the tincture?

I am looking for the CBD benefits formost.

Thx guys :green_heart:

@InTheShed
@Emilya
@Grandpa Tokin
@SweetSue

Ooh ty sweetie!!! I did reduce it in the crockpot. We have a gas stove and no hotplate.

It took about an hr with temps up to 190.

The first pic is after evap.

And the infuser doing the other tincture. Forgot that one too.

It should reconstitute after you add the EVOO. Adding the oil when it's warm should help them blend.

For next time, stop the reduction when it's more like honey. A little moisture helps the rest of the process. Have you been to Grandpa's thread on oil making from QWET?

and here:

Oh, and you should probably decarb after you dissolve in EVOO as it's already gritty enough.

They say a 1:1 ratio is good for dementia and you're pretty close to that :thumb:. If you have a chance, grow out some Candida in case you want to up the CBD side of the dose, as I hear CBD does promote brain health generally. I just had my Candida oil lab-tested and it came back within .6mg/ml of the calculations from Oldbear's spreadsheet. And virtually no THC.

Good luck NTV!

Have you been able to get the Infuzium 420 to make decent oil ? I bought 1 & wasted a good 1/4 lb. trying & it all came out like crap. Got rid of the infuzium as I don't have weed to waste. I was actually trying to make vape juice. Went back to BHO.

Oh, and you should probably decarb after you dissolve in EVOO as it's already gritty enough.

They say a 1:1 ratio is good for dementia and you're pretty close to that :thumb:. If you have a chance, grow out some Candida in case you want to up the CBD side of the dose, as I hear CBD does promote brain health generally. I just had my Candida oil lab-tested and it came back within .6mg/ml of the calculations from Oldbear's spreadsheet. And virtually no THC.

Good luck NTV!

Ty Shed!! It has been a crazy couple weeks. He was clearheaded yesterday for the most part. He was put on a second heart med for Afib friday and it must regulate blood flow better. His brain was much clearer thank god. Today it is a bit garbled.

Great news Shed that he is eligible to for benefits from the VA health system. Henhas an appt Wed.

Next batch i will watch the reduction better. Glad to know the crock pot will safely reduce it. My 2 plants are completely harvested now so i have more time to experiment. Thank god :peace:

Have you been able to get the Infuzium 420 to make decent oil ? I bought 1 & wasted a good 1/4 lb. trying & it all came out like crap. Got rid of the infuzium as I don't have weed to waste. I was actually trying to make vape juice. Went back to BHO.

Hi BB, it was my first time using it. I used everclear. I just covered the bud and set it to tincture. It is dark. I put a lid on the jar with holes and have it in a dark place to vent off until i can get to it.

BB, i was afraid I'd screw up so i only used a small amount of weed. I have to figure out what I am doing first.

I do like the Infusium a lot though. I wish there were videos of ppl using it, but MB recipes should help.

Hi guys. The VA hospitalised my husband last Wed. No room at Va so the sent him to a local hosp that is actually the best in okc.

It has been a nightmare. @InTheShed. I want to private message tou or call when i get done putting out fires here 24/7. Want to talk about your dads progression and treatment. I think of you and your dad every day and it gives me hope that i can help him when dr's can't. :peace:

My bottle of everclear tinture that i have to reduce and decarb is in the fridge. Alchy still potent. Can't handle a sniff, but a drop on my finger was delicious! No chlorophyll taste whatsoever. Tasted like mellow cured weed. I will get back to it when i am able to finish fixing it.

I'm going to go to my journal and ask to archive it. Hopefully in the fall things will be settled down in the home to start the next grow.

So sorry to hear about your hub NTV , unless the hospital finds something helpful out of course!

I'm not sure anything I've done for my dad has been helping him, so I wouldn't swear by what I'm doing. I do think that CBD is good for the brain, and that indica is better than sativa as it's more calming and less agitating.

The capsules (now canna-cookies) for him are a 1:1 blend of THC and CBD, and I started him on it not for his brain health but to help him with agitation. He's in assisted living so there was no real way for me to gauge progress had I started him on a brain health regimen. You could since you are actively taking care of your husband.

Aw Shed, that must be really hard for you, but I'm sure it is healing his body in some ways that medicine can't. One thing is for sure, it won't hurt him.

Do the nurses and docs know about you helping? That's a concern for me because he is not a medical card holder. If they find it in his sytem, it would be a real problem.

Oh gawd I know agitation. He was transferred to a skilled nursing facility today, just a few miles from home. I took the dogs to see him. They were thrilled, but standoffish. I had to let the dogs know he was ok. They were getting depressed.

He actually tried to tear out his foley cath when I was there. I mean yanking and he's still a strong guy. Freaked me out. They have to get him on meds for this!! I told them to start watching about 3-5 pm, and calm him down before he goes full blown anxiety. I also realized yesterday at the hosp that his sundowners is brought on by not being able to void his bladder. When they took the foley out he emptied his bladder full force on his own. 24 hrs later, could not void at all. I told them to freaking cath him and tell the uro to put in another foley!

I called there this morning and the cath emptied 1200 ml last night and 1400 this morning!!! I am afraid all the medical screwups (why didn't they notice or check his bladder?!) have escalated his brain down fall. I will be thankful for whatever he gets back. Skilled nursing will get him up to speed to get him home. That's the goal. :green_heart:

My dad tried to rip his foley out when he woke up from his hip replacement! They drugged him immediately so he didn't hurt himself. They put a condom-catheter on him for the next few days until he figured out how to pee on his own, but if your hub can't pee that won't help.

Make sure they check his kidney function because having low functioning kidneys will cause symptoms that can mirror dementia.

So sorry you are going through all this. If you were local I'd give you some Candida buds to help with the stress.

yes his 1 kidney was affected with that septic infection. i will make sure they continue to monitor his levels. he got violent with me at the home when i tried to stop him from ripping it out. scared the shit out of me :oops::oops: i had to leave. i told the nurses to start giving him more anxiety meds starting about 3pm or they will be in a world of hurt for the evening. It is SO good that they can see his mental state and figure out what meds will keep him stable. I won't know how bad his brain is damaged until they quit causing further damage from not monitoring his bladder.

been a nightmare for sure. if it wasn't for weed I would be losing it myself.

My dad went into a coma for two days when his kidneys failed (too many antibiotics and not enough fluids) and when he came out it was like he was completely demented, but once his numbers got back down to normal he was fine and lived on his own for another two years.

Like Oldbear said...hang in there and take care of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom