Exhaust On - Too cold Exhaust Off - Too hot

Joana

Hi everyone

I'm currently testing my setup with some bag seeds, before i plant the real deal.

Problem is my exhaustsystem. It's too powerfull for my 4x4x6 tent.
When it's ON it gets too cold too fast, when it's OFF it gets too hot.
It doesn't have a regulator, i can only switch on and off.

Is there any kind of Potentiometer, like the ones we have for house lamps? Or should i stick to a timer, and let it work for 15min cycles?

Many thanks green fellows

Thanks, i have one. Doesn't help much.

Exaust on: 65
Exhaust off: 95
With 600w MH

When i turn off the Lights i switch off the Exhaust as well, and it is steady 68-70. The humidity rises to where it should be. But when the lights are on, it goes up and down, up and down, because i'm constantly turning on and off the Exhaust to adjust the temperature.
My tent is in the basement of my Apartment, its hard to keep going to check the Temperature every 15min. It's never steady when the lights are on.. and as soon as i turn on the exhaust, bye bye high humidity levels. Of to 30%..

I just wish i could regulate the power of the exhaust

A thermostat should do it, thank you very much. But i'm in doubt of what kind. Can you please post a pictute of one that suits my needs? I don't really now how to set one up
Thanks!

Yes that one will work Joana. Depending on where your power outlets are, you may want to put it on the end of a short extension cord - this gives you some versatility for moving it around your grow room. Mine came with a cord on it. I set it for 75 degrees Fahrenheit and hang it at about the same height as the top of the plants so that it is reading the same temperature level the plants are experiencing.

image518.png

I use this, kind of expensive $100
But let's you set speed at I think 25%-60%
Has low temp set point so will stop fan if you want also a photo cell so you can set it up to stop only at night
:Namaste:

Thank you for the replies.

So this mercury 4, i see that it has also a temperature control, how does it mesure it? Do you Put it inside the tent? I'm not quite getting how it works.
It has a potentiometer, 20% i think it suits me, but how will the temperature interfere in this?

Has a 6' long temp probe that goes in room
That wire is on the right in the pic

Thank you for the replies.

So this mercury 4, i see that it has also a temperature control, how does it mesure it? Do you Put it inside the tent? I'm not quite getting how it works.
It has a potentiometer, 20% i think it suits me, but how will the temperature interfere in this?

If you google it there are a few utube vids that explain it in detail
But in short
Plug into rec
Plug your fan in to controller
Hang temp probe at canopy
Turn tsat knob to set
Set desired fan speed
Set tstat to temp you want it to slow down at
It drifts + - 2* from set point

So i was checking it on amazon, almost ready to buy it, wenn i came across with the reviews. It doesn"t work with some types of fans. Someone said it must be a fan up to 6Amp. I can't find the Amp of mine.

Is RVK Sileo 150E2 (A1) 6-Inch (150mm) In-line Duct Fan (428m3/hr)
Anyone knows if it will work?

Back
Top Bottom