Experiments With Blue Cheese - Brassic Style

I love your vertical setup. I had too much trouble burning my ladies when I tried it myself. I'm sure you've already addressed it, but I didn't have time to read through all the pages of this journal to find it.

Do you have issues with heat and burning the ladies with those lights ? Thanks :)

Thanks Kusharella, greatly appreciate your interest.

First time round, those tubes did cause some scorching.

So I put a diffuser on each of them for this grow.

No problems so far.

Hey Everyone

The Nitrogen in flower and flushing debate

Just my observations

Below are a few pics of the Box 2 girls taken earlier this week.

Nothing special happening, just normal fan leaf depletion as they near full maturity.

What I want to point out is that these girls have been fed full dose N rich nutes

right up to the last feed. Nitrogen must be an important part of the bud forming process

as there is so much dark green material in the actual bud. These particular girls are foxtailing,

perhaps in a last bid for fertilisation and are using reserves over and above what I have fed them.

I've stopped feeding them now in the hope of a smoother smoke.

The evidence will be in the smoke report. Stay tuned.

BBBud107.JPG

BBBud108.JPG

BBBud109.JPG

I like the way you're thinking, but how many weeks are you in from first pistil sighting? my plants usually need 9-12 weeks from first pistil sighting.

Hey Dres

Sorry I got a bit above my station last night.

I can get very care free on the doobies. :circle-of-love:

I don't know what this station is you're referring to... train station? radio station? :blalol:

(I'm teasing. Stop apologizing. You didn't do anything that bothered me in the least!)

(I'm going to feed my Pascalle right this moment!)

Morning All

BB has been getting somewhat edgy toward the end of the current experiments.

Then it suddenly dawned on me why.

With a very successful cloning operation in the background, the total plant count had gone over 30 :yikes:

That's not something you can explain away.

A massive cull to compost had to happen over the weekend. Plus a re-jig of the set-up for the next round.

Box 2 will be shut down asap.

BB has been busy. He's also been shopping :)

Big update to come on Friday, thank you for your patience.

Morning All

BB has been getting somewhat edgy toward the end of the current experiments.

Then it suddenly dawned on me why.

With a very successful cloning operation in the background, the total plant count had gone over 30 :yikes:

That's not something you can explain away.

A massive cull to compost had to happen over the weekend. Plus a re-jig of the set-up for the next round.

Box 2 will be shut down asap.

BB has been busy. He's also been shopping :)

Big update to come on Friday, thank you for your patience.

It's always a balance finding the right amount of plants to keep them going into flower without weeks of waiting. But without having plants in the high numbers.

I think a little tidy up was a good thing buddy, like you said, it's hard to explain why you would need 30 plants for a personal grow :)

Looking forward to the update :Namaste:

I think a little tidy up was a good thing buddy, like you said, it's hard to explain why you would need 30 plants for a personal grow :)

Looking forward to the update :Namaste:

Hey Mono,

Yeah it's easy to think we're in our own little world here.

Thankfully common sense prevailed.

Back to 3 plant grows.

Oh no :thedoubletake: It's a Nanner !

BBBud110.JPG
I know I am getting ready to show just how dumb I am but what the devil are you guys talking about with nanners? Do you have an way of circling the nanner in this pic so I can see what you are talking about. They just look like lovely buds to me....:circle-of-love:

at the very top of the bud there is a banana shaped nanner.sometimes this can happen if the plant flowers for a long time or if it goes through some type of stress.Every seed ive ever popped years ago that came outta dirt weed dd this.'Nanners that show up at the end of flowering are the virgin female's attempt to get laid and contain only the female chromosone.So they can be used to create feminised seeds!!But they might carry that unwanted trait most likely.

all good. late nanners won't open up and are "normal" on "properly" feminized plants. don't pluck them off or you'll spread the pollen. I would suggest harvesting in 2 weeks or less.

Back
Top Bottom