Experiments With Blue Cheese - Brassic Style

:bravo: Congratulations on some very beautiful Cannabis Brit, sorry I subb'd in so late. I have a cheese seed I was thinking about growing on DWC... I starting looking at cheese threads on the journals here, and seen your beautiful ladies... and the excitement is a building now!!!

One question for you: Is there any hidden do's or don't's that you would recommend about this strain? Thanks, and Happy Holiday's!!!

:Namaste:

Grats on harvesting some Gloria buds, BB!

The light spectrum for cloning makes sense to me. I didn't think about which spectrum promotes root growth. :thumb:

Do you still have the moldy buds? I would love to see photos of those if you do. I don't think I'd be very good at spotting mold.

Thanks for your concern on my journal. :circle-of-love: I've been snoozing my life away trying to recuperate my lungs so I can fill them up with smoke again soon. :laughtwo:

Congratulations, sorry about your gardening friend, and your loss of flowers due to suspected mold.

Thank you Gozgrow.

:bravo: Congratulations on some very beautiful Cannabis Brit, sorry I subb'd in so late. I have a cheese seed I was thinking about growing on DWC... I starting looking at cheese threads on the journals here, and seen your beautiful ladies... and the excitement is a building now!!!

One question for you: Is there any hidden do's or don't's that you would recommend about this strain? Thanks, and Happy Holiday's!!!
:Namaste:

Hey Mango, thanks for looking in. Well I hope you can get a few tips from my scribblings, I've found it to be a quite easy and tolerant strain to grow. I had a few nute issues in the early days, but they sorted easily. It's not a high yielding strain, but sure is a quality smoke. You may have great success with DWC, I'll look forward to your journal if you do one.

Congratulations on the harvest Brassic!

Thank you so much AG, always great to have you around.

Grats on harvesting some Gloria buds, BB!

The light spectrum for cloning makes sense to me. I didn't think about which spectrum promotes root growth. :thumb:

Do you still have the moldy buds? I would love to see photos of those if you do. I don't think I'd be very good at spotting mold.

Thanks for your concern on my journal. :circle-of-love: I've been snoozing my life away trying to recuperate my lungs so I can fill them up with smoke again soon. :laughtwo:

Thanks Dres, posted back on yours. The mould thing, I tossed the bud but I'll see if I can recover it. Update later.

its always a good day when its harvest day :thumb:
the trimming part sucks tho :rofl:

Thanks Cronic, yeah the trimming sucks !

OK Everybody,

Let the mission continue, next up will be two almost side by side grows of three plants each. They are all clones from the same mom. Two grow spaces with minimal lighting. 2 oz. plus per plant should be a reasonable expectation, lets see if we can nail it ! Down the line, I got a 6-7 plant grow to follow on. Will need to construct another ghetto grow box shortly. Then maybe an LST experiment with Dresney, our latest addition.

Just a preview of our next experiments the 3 plus 3. The aim here is to find out if yield traits are passed on through cloning.

BBClones01.JPG

On a side note, I'm vegging these girls on 16/8 and to be honest they seem much happier for it. Back on 18/6 they seemed to get "fed up" toward the end of the light period, displaying signs of wilting even though they'd been fed and watered earlier. Any thoughts ?

Those six are looking real nice my friend!

I am not too sure why the shorter dark period would make the plants appear happier. I would guess at they are having more time to put in place the building blocks for growth during the extended dark period. Or maybe they are happy you are saving money on your electricity bill :)

Have some reps buddy :Namaste:

Those six are looking real nice my friend!

I am not too sure why the shorter dark period would make the plants appear happier. I would guess at they are having more time to put in place the building blocks for growth during the extended dark period. Or maybe they are happy you are saving money on your electricity bill :)

Have some reps buddy :Namaste:

Thank you so much for that Mono, for sure there's a saving on the lecy bill. Thanks for the reps also.

Hey Mono,

Totally off topic, do you have any thoughts on the up and coming referendum ? I personally think you guys already have a great national identity, but I would dread to see you leave the Union. The UK would be no UK without you !

Hey Mono,

Totally off topic, do you have any thoughts on the up and coming referendum ? I personally think you guys already have a great national identity, but I would dread to see you leave the Union. The UK would be no UK without you !

I think the whole idea is a load of nonsense to be honest lol. Doesn't make sense for either party, politically, financially or in any other way. Plus, my wife is from Newcastle, would hate for her to have to apply for a visa :)

I think the whole idea is a load of nonsense to be honest lol. Doesn't make sense for either party, politically, financially or in any other way. Plus, my wife is from Newcastle, would hate for her to have to apply for a visa :)

Great points, one for the Union, Thanks.

Edit, of course that's two with Mrs Mono.

Heya, BB :ciao:

The little ones look divine. And the name you chose is very fashionable and strong. She's bound to be something special! :high-five:

I think I read somewhere that in a lighting experiment 16/8 plants had the best root growth (compared to something like 18/6, 20/4, 24/0), but who knows if that is related to happier plants in later stage vegging. Just thought I'd mention that.

+reps for you, indeed :;):

Heya, BB :ciao:

The little ones look divine. And the name you chose is very fashionable and strong. She's bound to be something special! :high-five:

I think I read somewhere that in a lighting experiment 16/8 plants had the best root growth (compared to something like 18/6, 20/4, 24/0), but who knows if that is related to happier plants in later stage vegging. Just thought I'd mention that.

+reps for you, indeed :;):

Thank you so much for the reps Dres,

Interesting point on the 16/8, I think I might go do some research on this, in fact would 14/10 do any harm ? It's a bit more natural than the extended light periods we're dialed into.

I'm not sure. I'm just regurgitating information really. I think the advanced root growth may have been at the expense of upper growth. I'm guessing the masses settled on 18/6 as it provided the best balance between the two. I'm interested in what your research uncovers.

I'll do some digging today and see if I can find the posts discussing it. I know it was one of the big hitters on 420... Maybe DP or KJC... I can't remember :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom