Extremely Droopy Leaves Help!

seveneleven

Hey one of my plants has got really droopy leaves. I watered it 4 days ago with botanicare pure blend pro grow and fish emulsions. The next day it was fine. The day after that its leaves were drooping in the early morning but perked up in sunlight. Early morning next day the leaves were fine but by like 10 am they started drooping again and have been getting worse since. This was one of my best growing plants and I dont know whats wrong. My soil meter says there is plenty of moisture and the ph is in the green. The plant has been fed both nutes before. This is my first grow so please help. If i can provide any additional info to better diagnose the problem please ask.

Re: Extremely Droopy Leaves HELP!!!

IMG_87731.JPG
IMG_87742.JPG

How hot is it where you are? it looks really thirsty. if its hot, you may have to water every other day or every day

It could have something to do with the fact the plant isn't centered in the pot - could cause the roots to get balled up toward the side leading to less intake of water, or could cause root rot. Either way it looks hot and dry. If u don't think its the fertilizer, then I would guess these are some possibilities. If its not flowering yet you could pick up some B-1 Complex from Home Depot, transplant better, and the roots should bounce back. But I'm just speculating.

It does get quite hot here. Im in central california, zone 8b. My soil tester shows the soil is wet, so there is enough water. This plant has been in the ground for 3 weeks and had been doing fine till just a couple days ago. As for transplanting when i put it in the ground, i dug a hole approx the size of a five gal bucket filled it with Kellog patio plus potting soil and stuck it in; it was doing great. I have given it Super Thrive but that did nothing. Is there anything i can do other than pulling it out and re planting it cause that may cause too much stress.

Looks to me like that plant is way, way underwatered IMHO but hard to say after you state that the soil is moist. That doesn't mean anything IF the roots aren't where the moisture is. Also, be really careful with "Super.thrive" That stuff is great but potent as hell and can kill a plant in a heartbeat if given too much, I know, I have done this before. I would guess the plant can't take the heat in the valley where you are. I know you're looking at 100* today. Some shade might help you out, that's why nursery's use it. I would shade it, water it (don't do the leaves esp. in the sun) and no nutes until it is rebound... I hope this helps a bit.I wouldn't want to loose that lady...

I was thinking the problem might be root rot. What steps can i take to reverse it and to help the plant recover?

unfortunately if the root rot is so severe that it is causing your plant to droop like that, then it is too late for that plant. the root rot is irreversible!!
plant appears to be under watered to me. but if you say the ground is moist then maybe it is root rot. although i dont think that would be the issue unless you have been over watering the soil. dont forget over watering can be just as dangerous as under watering and sometimes can have the same effect on plant. drooping.

if soil is wet id let it dry out just about completely before watering again see if plant bounces back. but if soil is dry id say you def need to water!!

That is exactly what i did with all my plants, overwater. This baby is starting to bounce back after a week of no water. The leaves are standing up and looking perky. Gonna take it easy with it for a bit then start it up again on botanicare pure blend pro line with karma and cal mag. Thanks for all the help guys it was just too much water in the soil. Hope my experience can help others. Soil tester for the win!

BTW your ph is slightly too high. if its at about 7.5 your ph should be more like 6.4-7.0

over 7 you start to get a lot of nute lockout.

Back
Top Bottom