Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

I checked out Alta cobs site and emailed them about their 50w chip.

Ya. Me too. I Rather buy American. But let's test their stuff first.
Gonna be hard convincing the general public of using these Alta chips with 10 million Cree vids on YouTube. Lol.
Speaking from experience because I get 10 emails a day asking if I build Cree arrays.

@JimmyJames905

Great advice bro thanks I think I want to build a 4 chip array, then when funds become available build another and another..

I know 1cob per sqft is the golden rule so 1x 4 foot array with the 2x4000k and 2x1750 is what I'll do then make more as I go along and learn $250 is about £200 Over here and that's more than affordable I'd even run it along with the hps for max harvest then invest in more arrays

Cheers @Seymour and @JimmyJames905

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

@JimmyJames905

Great advice bro thanks I think I want to build a 4 chip array, then when funds become available build another and another..

I know 1cob per sqft is the golden rule so 1x 4 foot array with the 2x4000k and 2x1750 is what I'll do then make more as I go along and learn $250 is about £200 Over here and that's more than affordable I'd even run it along with the hps for max harvest then invest in more arrays

Cheers @Seymour and @JimmyJames905

Perfect. I'll have the 1750k in stock in a few weeks. Cutter has them now in the 69v C series but you need 1 driver for every two COBs. And after par testing the C series I don't think twice the price is worth it for a measly 400micromole gain. Once you get into the 3000μmole range you're pretty well outperforming a 1000w hid at 25% operational cost.
I'm working on a complete video tutorial from start to finish on how to DIY your own Par-Horta V4-L (4 cob d series linear array) including metal fabrication of the driver cover, paint and silkscreening your own logo. All my plans are 100% open source and I encourage others to build on the modest system I developed.
Plans will be posted on my website by the end of the month.

Perfect. I'll have the 1750k in stock in a few weeks. Cutter has them now in the 69v C series but you need 1 driver for every two COBs. And after par testing the C series I don't think twice the price is worth it for a measly 400micromole gain. Once you get into the 3000μmole range you're pretty well outperforming a 1000w hid at 25% operational cost.
I'm working on a complete video tutorial from start to finish on how to DIY your own Par-Horta V4-L (4 cob d series linear array) including metal fabrication of the driver cover, paint and silkscreening your own logo. All my plans are 100% open source and I encourage others to build on the modest system I developed.
Plans will be posted on my website by the end of the month.
Can't wait for the video..

What's your website? I love you guys who are willing to help..

Over here people have hardly heard if hydroponics let alone cob lol..

Im gonna be steps ahead thanks bro

Can't wait for the video..

What's your website? I love you guys who are willing to help..

Over here people have hardly heard if hydroponics let alone cob lol..

Im gonna be steps ahead thanks bro
It was funny, I was in a hydroponics store today and they're all light "Oh do you need some lights" and I looked around at the dinosaurs and thought about how inefficient they are. I should have asked them if they were looking for lights lol

Does anyone have measurements of the sst 140 heatsinks? Mine won't be here until Monday but want to build the frames before hand. Just want to know how wide they are and center to center of the mounting holes. Just want to have everything ready so I can drop them in and mount the cobs quickly. Thanks.

140mm
I would wait until they get there. Even being off by a 1/16" will cause problems.

What wattage are you running each cob at?

133mm would have sufficed. That's only 63w. The 140mm is rated at 75-100w

Gen7 29's or SE ?

True. You will notice that with the SE at 1750 you get about 8-10% dead travel on the pot. You can correct this by using a "shitty" potentiometer. Test your pots...see if you have one that resists at about 85k.

Rapid has storm controller for under $100, i wished I had bought from the beginning, that's the cheapest and easiest route. I'm getting ready to make another control box, this time will be 36in by 36 in by 8 inches deep, stainless Hoffman box. Will be able to put irrigation, lighting and temp controls in one box. And scrap the pots

Im actually working with my friend who is a software engineer. We're building a 6 channel dim/timer for 0-10v PWM that runs over iPhone/android. I'm hoping to release it by July. Built on arduino
It will have dim-timer, sunrise/sunset, humidity probe, temperature probe and possibly ph and wifi camera. All accessible over your phone or iPad.
I want to integrate it into my lights for about $100 extra plus probes. It's designed for Meanwell HLG/ELG drivers.

True. You will notice that with the SE at 1750 you get about 8-10% dead travel on the pot. You can correct this by using a "shitty" potentiometer. Test your pots...see if you have one that resists at about 85k.
Already installed the ones we had over 100k...which was 4 of them lol. Have plenty around 85, guess I'll have to swap them out.

Just unboxed everything and future shorted me 6 - 3000k in this box. Talked to them and they will be here Monday. Oh well. On another note, is it possible to turn on the cobs for about 5 seconds to test wiring? I don't think they will overheat in that amount of time but just making sure.

Im actually working with my friend who is a software engineer. We're building a 6 channel dim/timer for 0-10v PWM that runs over iPhone/android. I'm hoping to release it by July. Built on arduino
It will have dim-timer, sunrise/sunset, humidity probe, temperature probe and possibly ph and wifi camera. All accessible over your phone or iPad.
I want to integrate it into my lights for about $100 extra plus probes. It's designed for Meanwell HLG/ELG drivers.
Sign me up!

Already installed the ones we had over 100k...which was 4 of them lol. Have plenty around 85, guess I'll have to swap them out.

Just unboxed everything and future shorted me 6 - 3000k in this box. Talked to them and they will be here Monday. Oh well. On another note, is it possible to turn on the cobs for about 5 seconds to test wiring? I don't think they will overheat in that amount of time but just making sure.

If they are not mounted to a heatsink a Vero 29 SE will burn out in about 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom