FIM Experience

Gee

Hello everyone, I want to share my experiences. I am growing a hybrid: forbidden fruit. They are being grown in 10 gallon bag pots, with an organic soil by Kellogg (some locals I think). It’s got lots of guano and is a very light and airy soil. Plants seem to like it.

I am using feather meal and a nitrogen foliar spray by Dr. Earth as nitrogen supplements during outdoor veg, no indoor growing here. The plants get approximately 10 hours direct full light. The remaining light is slightly shaded by trees in the morning.

About three or four weeks ago I FIMed a branch of a plant. It worked wonders. That particular portion is split off into five different new vegetation!!!

The reason I did it was because I monster cropped my plants and in doing so one side of my plant was much more full in vegetation than the other and I’m trying to keep new veg tops around same height, and it opens up plant for a bushier outcome, and I was hoping to help fill in the other side by FIMing again.

Since I had a great experience with one plant where I FIMed one growth only, I did so with the other but I did multiple new growth sites (like 5). That can be a big mistake.

It threw those cuts in to shock and they DID NOT split out, as is their purpose. It did the reverse of what I was trying to accomplish and more energy went to other parts of the plant.

Just wanted to share. DONT GO NUTS WHEN YOU FIM lol.

Everything is coming back nicely now, but it was a useless exercise, just a tidbit of information. Do one at a time..

G

2D5DD2E5-DC10-49B3-8E62-D590697F0E39.jpeg

Thanks for sharing that @Gee, plants look awesome! I tried fimming a couple of time my memory isn't great but I recall failing miserably and getting nothing but a stunted growth twisty thing. Weird that topping is so predictable and fimming is so not! Cheers mate, GL to your grow!:yahoo:

Thanks for sharing that @Gee, plants look awesome! I tried fimming a couple of time my memory isn't great but I recall failing miserably and getting nothing but a stunted growth twisty thing. Weird that topping is so predictable and fimming is so not! Cheers mate, GL to your grow!:yahoo:

Thanks. “Stunted growth twisty thing” sums it up perfectly! I prefer predictable too

Back
Top Bottom