Stretching of one branch of plant after Fimming

JoPer

420 Member
Four days ago my husband fimmed our outdoor plants. Two days later he noticed a twelve inch long stem had sprouted from the fim area of the Super Lemon Haze plant. It has since spouted leaves. Temperatures were in the mid 90s. The rest of the plant is fine, and this did not happen to the other three plants. The first picture is in front of a 8.5 x 11 inch paper to show contrast and size.
Should we just trim off the stem, or try supporting it??

Sprout from fim.jpg

Fimmed Lenon Haze.jpg

That looks like a different plant altogether, lol. I'd cut the thing off, and do so slightly below where the stem has emerged, in case it's actually some kind of parasitic plant (if that was mine).

BtW, are you sure that's a female?

Two days later he noticed a twelve inch long stem had sprouted from the fim area....
It is some type of annual vine, maybe a type of bean or Morning Glory or something similar. Looking at the photograph I can see where it has wrapped itself around the stem of the fimmed plant.

Do not pull it up. Doing that and there is a very good chance it will pull the plant you are trying to save out of the ground at the same time. Most likely the roots of the vine plant have now intertwined with the roots of your Cannabis plant.

If it were in my garden and in front of me I would verify that it is wrapped around the Weed stem and then cut it off just above the top of my plant. Then I would unwrap the rest of the vine stem from the plant. Once I had done than and separated the two from each other I would grip the vine right where it comes out of the soil with one hand.

With the other hand I would cover the soil with the vine coming up between my fingers so that it helps prevent any soil and the Weed plant from coming up along with roots of the vine.

Or it could be cut off at the soil surface and with a lot of luck that might be enough to kill it off. If the roots do not die then it will probably send up a new shoot right next to the original. If it does that it often compounds the problem.

Four days ago my husband fimmed our outdoor plants. Two days later he noticed a twelve inch long stem had sprouted from the fim area of the Super Lemon Haze plant. It has since spouted leaves. Temperatures were in the mid 90s. The rest of the plant is fine, and this did not happen to the other three plants. The first picture is in front of a 8.5 x 11 inch paper to show contrast and size.
Should we just trim off the stem, or try supporting it??

Sprout from fim.jpg

Fimmed Lenon Haze.jpg
Good morning @JoPer Welcome to 420magazine :welcome:
Here is a thread if you want to meet everyone and say hi.
By the way it's just a vine.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Screenshot_20220529-073537_Chrome.jpg

Good job on the enlargement.

Today it is way to early in the morning for me be doing digital darkroom work. ;)
Hey Smoke :ciao: Hope your having a great weekend Amigo.
Took me a minute to figure that one out.:rofl:
I was going to buy the same nutrients they were using until I saw it there.
Never know what your going to see here. Hehe
Take care.

Bill

Hiya - yes, Bindweed (Convolvulus) as SmokingWings said
Apologies, but DO NOT PULL IT UP - the tiniest fragment of root will simply grow into new plants and spread rapidly
The only way to deal with it is a systemic weedkiller painted specifically onto the leaves of the weed
This will completely kill that vine, roots and all, without affecting you herb at all, just gotta be careful
So carefully unwind it from your herb, then spray it or paint it and put a plastic bag round it for safety
It'll be stone dead in 48hrs

It is some type of annual vine, maybe a type of bean or Morning Glory or something similar. Looking at the photograph I can see where it has wrapped itself around the stem of the fimmed plant.

Do not pull it up. Doing that and there is a very good chance it will pull the plant you are trying to save out of the ground at the same time. Most likely the roots of the vine plant have now intertwined with the roots of your Cannabis plant.

If it were in my garden and in front of me I would verify that it is wrapped around the Weed stem and then cut it off just above the top of my plant. Then I would unwrap the rest of the vine stem from the plant. Once I had done than and separated the two from each other I would grip the vine right where it comes out of the soil with one hand.

With the other hand I would cover the soil with the vine coming up between my fingers so that it helps prevent any soil and the Weed plant from coming up along with roots of the vine.

Or it could be cut off at the soil surface and with a lot of luck that might be enough to kill it off. If the roots do not die then it will probably send up a new shoot right next to the original. If it does that it often compounds the problem.
You are exactly right! My husband had planted some green beans about four feet away as a "cover", and after reading your post he investigated more closely and he found one of the bean vines hand grown over to the Lemon Haze, and as you pointed out, wrapped around the plant. My husband was able to unwrap the bean plant and place it on the fence. Thanks!

Thanks!
Good morning @JoPer Welcome to 420magazine :welcome:
Here is a thread if you want to meet everyone and say hi.
By the way it's just a vine.

Bill

Screenshot_20220529-073537_Chrome.jpg
Thanks!

Cover crop for an outdoor Haze. Do those brands get 14' tall? Might need to train those plants to "grow low." There used to be a few busts around here every year when the cannabis plants would outgrow the tall corn.

You are exactly right! My husband had planted some green beans about four feet away as a "cover", and after reading your post he investigated more closely and he found one of the bean vines hand grown over to the Lemon Haze, and as you pointed out, wrapped around the plant. My husband was able to unwrap the bean plant and place it on the fence. Thanks!
Well done.

He is a nice guy. I have thought about it and am not sure I would have gone that far. Most of the time I will be brutal in the garden and either just unwrap the bean and toss it off to the side to figure out its way up the fence on its own. Or I would just break it off and let it decide whether to send up a new shoot.;)

Back
Top Bottom