Fimming help: First time grower

yeah it's a male...females only show hairs, those look like seed sacs. I personally only use fem seeds. Get rid of it and try again. A higher level of nitrogen and a lower level of potassium for the first 2 weeks increases female plants, lower temps increase the number of female plants, high humidity increases the number of female plants, more blue light also increases the number of females, fewer hours of light(e.g. 14 hours) increases the number of females and finally stress...any environmental stress tends to yield more males when growing from seed. Courtesy of the Medical growers bible by Jorge Cervantes. Hope this helps!

yeah it's a male...females only show hairs, those look like seed sacs. I personally only use fem seeds. Get rid of it and try again. A higher level of nitrogen and a lower level of potassium for the first 2 weeks increases female plants, lower temps increase the number of female plants, high humidity increases the number of female plants, more blue light also increases the number of females, fewer hours of light(e.g. 14 hours) increases the number of females and finally stress...any environmental stress tends to yield more males when growing from seed. Courtesy of the Medical growers bible by Jorge Cervantes. Hope this helps!

Only 1 male of the 2 plants. I kinda expected it to be a male anyway. It grew taller than the other one which gave it away. Was just hoping it was doing better than the other one. Oh well still got one plant to work with.

I say yes but because the info came from a book, maybe someone with more experience will chime in. If you know how to force flower you can find out sex early on then turn back to veg for more growth before going 12/12. Any questions you might have you can and should ask the community,they will help. My first grow was a 12/12 from seed grow and yes I asked alot of questions and got help from multiple people. That is the way to learn, without experiencing too much trial and error growing, in my humble opinion. I say this because I'm not an experienced grower and I depended on the help of others and they were there for me. That's what I like about the 420 community and why I'm here and not on other sites, alot of experienced growers here. Even check some of the grow journals, they might have someone who is growing similar to you and you can glean useful info from them also. :Namaste:

I say yes but because the info came from a book, maybe someone with more experience will chime in. If you know how to force flower you can find out sex early on then turn back to veg for more growth before going 12/12. Any questions you might have you can and should ask the community,they will help. My first grow was a 12/12 from seed grow and yes I asked alot of questions and got help from multiple people. That is the way to learn, without experiencing too much trial and error growing, in my humble opinion. I say this because I'm not an experienced grower and I depended on the help of others and they were there for me. That's what I like about the 420 community and why I'm here and not on other sites, alot of experienced growers here. Even check some of the grow journals, they might have someone who is growing similar to you and you can glean useful info from them also. :Namaste:

The seeds I'm using came from a hermi plant. And I've still yet to take the male out of the grow because I wanted to give it a little longer to see what it would do. And I believe it is also a hermi or both might be hermi plants, but regardless if they are, they'll still make buds. It'll be seedy but I don't really have a problem with that. The plant it came from was really potent. So I'm gonna give it until Saturday/Sunday to see if it is or is not. And after that if it isn't a hermi I'm gonna toss it out. Wouldn't think it would pollinate in 4-5 days as it would only have been in flower for 2 weeks. Coming from a 4 week veg. And being curious, if i have flowered them for 2 weeks, would it be too late to go back to veg? If I have to throw 1 plant out, I would like to let it go a little longer, but if not then oh well.

Sry BudJaMon, I don't know anything about hermies, i know what it is but not about it. Now THAT'S a question for the community " if i have flowered them for 2 weeks, would it be too late to go back to veg?" Someone has that answer on here. I would go to the frequently asked questions forum and put the question in search, first for posts then threads or vice a versa. On a side note I read that males were only good for seeds because they contain no thc, Am I wrong or do hermi males make thc? As far as the force flower thing that was meant to be used early in veg where u force it until you see either hairs or balls. Once that is established then take it off 12/12 back to 14/10 for example... in flower for 2 weeks? I would think you can't go back to veg once in true flowering but I could be wrong. I use youtube and google for info I cant find here also.

This one turned out a hermi with a lot of male pods so I ditched it. Maybe the 2nd plant will be a female
420-magazine-mobile1294965289.jpg

Sry BudJaMon, I don't know anything about hermies, i know what it is but not about it. Now THAT'S a question for the community " if i have flowered them for 2 weeks, would it be too late to go back to veg?" Someone has that answer on here. I would go to the frequently asked questions forum and put the question in search, first for posts then threads or vice a versa. On a side note I read that males were only good for seeds because they contain no thc, Am I wrong or do hermi males make thc? As far as the force flower thing that was meant to be used early in veg where u force it until you see either hairs or balls. Once that is established then take it off 12/12 back to 14/10 for example... in flower for 2 weeks? I would think you can't go back to veg once in true flowering but I could be wrong. I use youtube and google for info I cant find here also.

Thanks for the info. The community helped me come to a conclusion on what to do with it. It would have produced bud, but just looking at how many pods was there I didn't want to chance the other plant being female and making seeds with it.

My 2nd and only plant left is a female. It's not as tall as the other one but for me personally I'm happy with it. Kit hope it doesn't hermi during budding. Don't know if it can be seen I. The pictures but white hairs are sprouting all over it. No sign of male pods as of yet.
420-magazine-mobile1699569236.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1847751355.jpg
420-magazine-mobile851452468.jpg

4 weeks 2 days in flower and a few of the leaves are turning yellow and getting brown spots but only like 2 or 3 leaves are doing it. On one main the leaves are drooping which I believe to be from fungus gnats that have sense been dealt with. Is the leaves dying off this early in flower normal? Or is something else wrong?
9b403108dfe96cd50c565aca9dc44461.jpg
cb09d9bfa8cf501343464ba922ed0819.jpg
725ab56000e2fbe098f1e915cbdd0102.jpg
a22d08c2f8a0d3647abc432f3f215744.jpg
it's not as dark as the pictures make it seem. My camera just couldn't adjust the lighting so it seems dark.

The best way to train your plants with the least amount of stress, speed and grams/m2 is to just bend the plants. Every extra week yoi place on a grow is time lost for your next grow. Ive tried just about everyway there is to train a plant and fimming, topping, mainlining, fluxing etc take way too long. And you dont get any extra weight when compared to bending only, especially when you factor i time saved i veg as it doesnt really slow your veg time at all when only bending. Also pruning is important too in order to get the weaker growth remived and increase airflow and light penetration. Thats just my 2cents anyway. Feel free to check some of my grow journals out and see what i do with real fast turn arounds.
You been at this for a while? Sounds like good advice but what happens if you dont stress them at all? Or is that a bad idea indoors?

You been at this for a while? Sounds like good advice but what happens if you dont stress them at all? Or is that a bad idea indoors?

Lst is just a way to get more out of your grow when you are limited to space or light. Plus it just increases yield. Or you can just let it grow natural. Just depends on how much trust you have in your self and what you are willing to do. From what I've learned it's going to grow because it is a weed. Weeds are hard to kill. I've hurt mine a few times and they seem to spring right back up. This is the first time I've ran into any real issues and even then it's not a major issue at 4 weeks in flower they are still doing pretty good to my standards.

Back
Top Bottom