Fimming help: First time grower

I'm not sure about the spots but the yellowing of the leaves should be a normal by product of the energy being used up. "Which deficiency do you have? Real Pictures" search this post on here, hopefully this helps find what's wrong.

Going by that post and the pictures I just need to up my nutrients I'm giving them. Don't know why I haven't yet. I know they require more in flower, just hadn't clicked in my head yet.

Gave more nutrients and still no change in health for the better. Have it the nutrients 24 hours ago. 1 leaf fell off another looks like it's about to shrivel up. Most of the lead stems are red but they have had a red tent to them ever sense about 3 weeks in veg. Could it be that the plant is using the nutrients in the leafs sense it's close to the end of flower? I know it's normal for the leaves to die and fall off when the plant is coming near to harvest.
95bb2bc57393abff3a0df2785e2c9a65.jpg
ca28726166d9bbb9e5f1712f0742afc7.jpg
27a5919fe7a3dfceff4ca61c6ca49b68.jpg
2a0333d823f6bd2702228bf21d6ef9fa.jpg

i have found that you can't feed all strains the same, some strains can take nutrients with no problems and some you have to tweak the nutrients as to not get lockup or buildup of nutrients or lack of nutrients. Alot of ppl ( generally speaking) think they can just throw seeds in some dirt and let em gro cause they are "weeds" after all but it takes effort and research. I'm not a pro grower, far from it, so I go lightly on nutes. Research your strain and what it likes. If you want to go deeper, investigate ppm's etc. to get as close to perfection as possible. Not being an expert, I just take the bad leaves off and monitor the ph of the soil and the nutes. Not saying this is the right way but just how I do it. The yellowing looks normal to me and the diseased ones that crinkled up and died looks to be a nute deficiency...which one I don't know. Just not smart enough yet to give great advice sry BUT I'm still in till the end!

i have found that you can't feed all strains the same, some strains can take nutrients with no problems and some you have to tweak the nutrients as to not get lockup or buildup of nutrients or lack of nutrients. Alot of ppl ( generally speaking) think they can just throw seeds in some dirt and let em gro cause they are "weeds" after all but it takes effort and research. I'm not a pro grower, far from it, so I go lightly on nutes. Research your strain and what it likes. If you want to go deeper, investigate ppm's etc. to get as close to perfection as possible. Not being an expert, I just take the bad leaves off and monitor the ph of the soil and the nutes. Not saying this is the right way but just how I do it. The yellowing looks normal to me and the diseased ones that crinkled up and died looks to be a nute deficiency...which one I don't know. Just not smart enough yet to give great advice sry BUT I'm still in till the end!

The bad thing about it is the strain is unknown. It's just seeds that have been passed around.

The bad thing about it is the strain is unknown. It’s just seeds that have been passed around.

Well the good thing then is that at least the seeds aren't some expensive primo seeds! (I try to find some good in anything bad). And you can experiment all you want with bagseed, I grew bagseed for the longest before I started spending money on the primo seeds. Even with the yellowing and the diseased leaves your girl still looks good Imho.

Well the good thing then is that at least the seeds aren't some expensive primo seeds! (I try to find some good in anything bad). And you can experiment all you want with bagseed, I grew bagseed for the longest before I started spending money on the primo seeds. Even with the yellowing and the diseased leaves your girl still looks good Imho.

Aslong as she makes it to harvest I'll be thrilled. I don't have high expectations for my first grow. Just trying to learn from it.

I cut off the small popcorn buds that wasn't getting any light at the bottom of my plant. Still got some yellowing leaves. Gonna try giving it a bit more nitrogen because it seems like a nitrogen deficiency. I let the poor corn buds dry instead of just throwing them out. The crystals was clear but still a good high. Can't wait for my plant to finish with cloudy crystals and try the finished product after about a 4 week cute. Thinking maybe 2-3 more weeks until harvest. Picture of the plant when lights come on. Just had a little time to jump on and update.

I still say that the yellowing is natural because the rest of the plant looks great, and yes never throw out the popcorn. I bend my plants so I can lower the light to help boost popcorn growth. The 4 wk cure sounds very good for making some rock hard nuggets. All in all......:thumb:, Thanks for taking the time to post update....Appreciated!

Planning to harvest between the 27th-31st the crystals are almost cloudy so they should be where I want them to be at the least by the end of the month. Buds aren't that big but I'm happy it made it to the end. With a few days left I'm gonna say this was successful for me. Will be growing more outside during the summer. Should have better results because lighting was my 1 major problem. Through the grow I used 4 16 true watt bulbs from sprout to 4 weeks flower. Then added another 16 true watt bulb. Also had the 25 watt grow light but I doubt it really did any good. So summer grow should go smoother and better especially with no room limitations.
009d55c8f9f6c663439cef6aeb000efe.jpg

I'm glad you made it till the end too. Alot of new growers don't have the patience when desease sets in, they get defeated and give up. Overall the plant looks great and if that bud right there is any indication of the rest then you have successfully grown your first grow BudJaMon:goodjob:. When you grow outdoors with the sun you should expect bigger buds. My hats off to you bro:high-five:

I'm glad you made it till the end too. Alot of new growers don't have the patience when desease sets in, they get defeated and give up. Overall the plant looks great and if that bud right there is any indication of the rest then you have successfully grown your first grow BudJaMon:goodjob:. When you grow outdoors with the sun you should expect bigger buds. My hats off to you bro:high-five:

Thanks but it's also thanks to the great community with all the information they and you gave me. I'm estimating about 10-14 grams from the plant. Not a lot but coming out with something is better than coming out with nothing. Hopefully the summer grow won't have many males/hermis and I'll come out with much more bud.

This is what I went by.
420-magazine-mobile84746388.jpg
thats a great diagrame.
essentially fimming is topping the new growth instead of on the main stem.
in theroy because the new growth nodes are so close together, four laterals should grow out together form the top...if exicuted corrected.
with topping the new verticle growth of the main stem is ceased and existing laterals continue to grow.

Back
Top Bottom