Finally, a pic I'm proud of!

BigNug

420 Member
This is by far my most successful grow, and I still have 4ish weeks to go, but I wanted to share some sexy photos.

Any comments welcome, good or bad. But for me, I feel like a new dad again!

20210413_203714.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-195125_Gallery.jpg

20210413_202952.jpg

20210413_202857.jpg

20210413_203411.jpg

Looks good ! Still have a good 4 weeks to go though. Lots of white hairs still. Looks like it's worth the wait !
Yep, I figured as much. I've only ever got one plant to harvest and it was a pitiful effort so the fact i can already see over 10oz in my tent is super exciting. Looking forward to some baking!

Do you think these buds will increase in size from this point? Or just density?

They are still putting out white hairs so they are still getting bigger. They get the most weight during the final 2 weeks & then start to crinkle up & turn to red / orange hairs. When you see the hairs change color you are about 2 weeks to the finish; but some strains take longer.

They are still putting out white hairs so they are still getting bigger. They get the most weight during the final 2 weeks & then start to crinkle up & turn to red / orange hairs. When you see the hairs change color you are about 2 weeks to the finish; but some strains take longer.
Sweet ok thanks for the tips. Glad to hear they will get bigger too! Once the majority of the pistils turn orange I'll use a jewellers loupe to check for amber trichomes. I've read that once 15% of trichomes are amber, that's the right time to harvest? Do you agree? I want a well ripe smoke, I get anxiety when I get too stoned. Been smoking for 20 years and the last two have been a real battle in terms of anxiety and paranoia haha!

Sweet ok thanks for the tips. Glad to hear they will get bigger too! Once the majority of the pistils turn orange I'll use a jewellers loupe to check for amber trichomes. I've read that once 15% of trichomes are amber, that's the right time to harvest? Do you agree? I want a well ripe smoke, I get anxiety when I get too stoned. Been smoking for 20 years and the last two have been a real battle in terms of anxiety and paranoia haha!
Yes, the more Amber the more sedative & relaxing the smoke will be. I usually go 10 - 25 % Amber myself. If it doesn't make me lazy it's not good weed as far as I'm concerned. I want the Reggie High but 10 times stronger .... lol.

Thanks, appreciate you taking the time to look and comment.

Haha I dunno... I only have my kids one day a week... these green babies are demanding... not that I mind!
Oh no! I'm sorry! Give me moment while I try to get my croc out of my mouth.

I like that cannabis can be grown easy or labor-intensive. Running a small grow inside this winter kept me sane and busy and now I can (for the most part) throttle back and just plug some plants into good dirt and watch them go.

Yes, the more Amber the more sedative & relaxing the smoke will be. I usually go 10 - 25 % Amber myself. If it doesn't make me lazy it's not good weed as far as I'm concerned. I want the Reggie High but 10 times stronger .... lol.
I hear ya. Ok well maybe I'll take it a bit further tha 15%... I like being body stoned, rather than an intense head high that makes me spin and freak out! That's why I usually smoke outdoor weed. I find it less potent and easier to smoke/ingest at a reasonable pace without the "oh shit I smoked too much" moments.

Very Cool! I'm coming up on my first harvest soon, like 1-2 weeks I think, but mine don't seem to be as juicy as yours.
Congrats on making it this far none the less. I have to admit I splashed out on my grow gear($2500) so maybe that's given me the advantage? Or just good genetics... I'm in New Zealand. The market is cornered here because we are small, and because weed is still illegal. Any pics of your plants?

My last decision to make. Do I flush, or dont I. There is so much information/mis information/opinions for and against. I like the idea of the plant using up some of its reserves, but I'm not sure o believe weather that's helpful or not during the last two weeks. Sure, flushing gives a head start on the drying and curing process but at what cost? Ugh.

Rock on. I think my problem was a few different thing. I had some issues that stemmed from piss poor grow environment - White Powdery Mildew at start due to poor Humidity control. Then I got thrips which theres no telling how that happened. Lately it's been some form of nutrient burn or something but oh well regardless I will def make it to my first harvest and that is enough of a success! Lol

My last decision to make. Do I flush, or dont I. There is so much information/mis information/opinions for and against. I like the idea of the plant using up some of its reserves, but I'm not sure o believe weather that's helpful or not during the last two weeks. Sure, flushing gives a head start on the drying and curing process but at what cost? Ugh.
I see arguments for both sides - a couple of the more well known members have stated they give nutrients up until harvest as they don't personally notice much difference and feel it gives the buds the nutrients they need to get fat all the way til harvest time. Though I also see those who say to flush if you're using bottle nutrients so that you don't get that nutrient taste. Either way, I don't personally have a preference as I'm still figuring stuff out myself but I am going to do the flush style as I have used my whole bottle of nutes anyway :p

Rock on. I think my problem was a few different thing. I had some issues that stemmed from piss poor grow environment - White Powdery Mildew at start due to poor Humidity control. Then I got thrips which theres no telling how that happened. Lately it's been some form of nutrient burn or something but oh well regardless I will def make it to my first harvest and that is enough of a success! Lol

Sounds like you've had a bit of a nightmare. My last grow got to week 5 of flower and hermied so bad that 90% of the buds were seeds. So it could definately be worse is my point. I'm in the same boat as you. Inexperienced, and just happy to have made it this far. Think about all the shit you've learned along this grow, the good and bad... next grow will be easier. And again. And again.

In 5 years if you are still doing it, you will be as good as any other. Hope your crop has a happy last couple weeks mate. good luck

I see arguments for both sides - a couple of the more well known members have stated they give nutrients up until harvest as they don't personally notice much difference and feel it gives the buds the nutrients they need to get fat all the way til harvest time. Though I also see those who say to flush if you're using bottle nutrients so that you don't get that nutrient taste. Either way, I don't personally have a preference as I'm still figuring stuff out myself but I am going to do the flush style as I have used my whole bottle of nutes anyway :p
Haha. Love it. The empty bottle was the deciding factor. Makes sense. You make some good points. I guess it just comes down to making a choice and not giving a fuck about the what ifs.

I might half ass it, and flush for the final 5 or 6 days... maybe a shorter flush period will give me some benefits both ways...

For sure, definitely taking it in as a learning experience. Hopefully next go round will be largely more successful, but I believe it will since i've figured out some of the basic stuff.

Either way, back at you man! Good job on the ladies, they should fatten up nicely!

Haha. Love it. The empty bottle was the deciding factor. Makes sense. You make some good points. I guess it just comes down to making a choice and not giving a fuck about the what ifs.

I might half ass it, and flush for the final 5 or 6 days... maybe a shorter flush period will give me some benefits both ways.

If you have 2 of the same strain you could always experiment on your own and do 1 flush and 1 without. Just make sure to do the dry/cure the same. That would for sure tell you if there was any difference in flavor/harvest/potency

Back
Top Bottom