First Ever Closet Grow Using a 300 Watt CFL - a Bit of Skill and a Lot of Luck!

Re: First ever closet grow using a 300 watt CFL, a bit of skill and a lot of luck!

They're great! Stinky girls! I touch em and they wreak! Naughty naughty!...LOL

Great stuff mate, I was just wondering should I still just be using water or do I now need to start using nutes.

They are in a flowering compost with slow release nutes I believe. It reckons 5 weeks of food is in their already so when do you think I should start feeding?
Thanks mate.

Re: First ever closet grow using a 300 watt CFL, a bit of skill and a lot of luck!

Great stuff mate, I was just wondering should I still just be using water or do I now need to start using nutes.

They are in a flowering compost with slow release nutes I believe. It reckons 5 weeks of food is in their already so when do you think I should start feeding?
Thanks mate.

I would start on the third week in the new soil, sooner if they looked hungry....good luck bro. You got this.

:popcorn:Drive by...the leaves will not hurt your girls. I usually remove the sickliest working from the bottom up. If your plant was hurting for one reason or another it will probably recover after transplant. At the tops is where all the new growth is and where you need to focus your attention. If the new growth is vibrant and green, she is on the way to becoming a viable plant..if sick look continues then look for either Nitrogen deficiency or toxicity...if you are adding nutes at the recommended amount, then you are probably giving the little girl more than she can use right now(toxicity)....try only water, then 1/4 strength, then half strength...and so on...in successive feedings ....
Also by removing from the bottom up the plants energy will be focused on creating a new node and not trying to revive the dying part.
Some times if all you try fails, it's NOT anything you did. Remember genetics do play a part in what is happening also.:cheesygrinsmiley:+Reps
:tokin:

I would start on the third week in the new soil, sooner if they looked hungry....good luck bro. You got this.

Hi dude many thanks for that,do i need to use grow and bloom together. Many thanks.

:popcorn:Drive by...the leaves will not hurt your girls. I usually remove the sickliest working from the bottom up. If your plant was hurting for one reason or another it will probably recover after transplant. At the tops is where all the new growth is and where you need to focus your attention. If the new growth is vibrant and green, she is on the way to becoming a viable plant..if sick look continues then look for either Nitrogen deficiency or toxicity...if you are adding nutes at the recommended amount, then you are probably giving the little girl more than she can use right now(toxicity)....try only water, then 1/4 strength, then half strength...and so on...in successive feedings ....
Also by removing from the bottom up the plants energy will be focused on creating a new node and not trying to revive the dying part.
Some times if all you try fails, it's NOT anything you did. Remember genetics do play a part in what is happening also.:cheesygrinsmiley:+Reps

Hi mate, ok cool how long before i switch should I

a) water
b)trim sick leaves
c)feed?
also would it be advisable now to get a ppm meter to be accurate as this next bit is important ;)
also i'm a bit blitzed atm, got some fat cheese so i'm couch-locked hehe.
also I can see the leaves are starting to sparkle and glisten mmmmmmm.
also sorry for my repetition of the word also.
also please help me with getting the humidity down that will be my biggest worry and problem I think. I want to avoid using anything that uses power if poss. thanks.

also the new growth is looking fantastic i will get some close up pics posted ;)

IMAG015116.jpg

check this leaf below it is quite a new leaf but not the very newest maybe the one before the one before that, say about two nodes down from the top do you know what this is and should I be concerned? thanks much love.
IMAG015216.jpg
IMAG015317.jpg
IMAG015411.jpg

They're some nice plants last time you updated, dont sweat too much. Take Hozona advice on the trimming of the bad.

Yeah ppm meters are good to check your nute strength. Dont use one myself so cant help really with that . One thing I will say is just make sure your happy with the grow before the switch as you want them happy as possible going into flower.

Also your obviously high out of your face :)

They're some nice plants last time you updated, dont sweat too much. Take Hozona advice on the trimming of the bad.

Yeah ppm meters are good to check your nute strength. Dont use one myself so cant help really with that . One thing I will say is just make sure your happy with the grow before the switch as you want them happy as possible going into flower.

Also your obviously high out of your face :)

hey dude thanks for that, I was thinking the same about having them happy as can be before change, just unsure about whether I should water before or after the switch???
I might give them 24 hours dark too. Is this necessary though?

I'm not that high lol, I'm just happy to share the fruits of my labour with everyone. Can't wait to snap some bud shots, mmm hmmm.

Water if they need it, dont do it for the sake of switching to 12/12. If your happy with them and they happy, flower them suckers.

Not sure if 24hr dark is actually beneficial couldnt tell you either way as I dont do it.

Water if they need it, dont do it for the sake of switching to 12/12. If your happy with them and they happy, flower them suckers.

Not sure if 24hr dark is actually beneficial couldnt tell you either way as I dont do it.

One of them needs it and the others are fine, I'll not do the dark then just bang 'em straight into it. T minus 2 days!! :)
The room can't take much more growth unless I do some modifications..... I'm tempted to let them go another week or so lol

Sorry didnt see the new pictures, they looking nice, just watch the curl, could be over watering or bit too much nute. Just water when needed and keep up the good work. They really bushy, maybe remove the bad leaves to let some light and air in. Most of the bushyness will open during stretch but if it was me I would cut their hair a little bit, start with the bad leaves.

I always got taught not to remove more than 20% of leaves at a time as too much stress takes a while to bounce back.

Sorry didnt see the new pictures, they looking nice, just watch the curl, could be over watering or bit too much nute. Just water when needed and keep up the good work. They really bushy, maybe remove the bad leaves to let some light and air in. Most of the bushyness will open during stretch but if it was me I would cut their hair a little bit, start with the bad leaves.

I always got taught not to remove more than 20% of leaves at a time as too much stress takes a while to bounce back.

Hi again you read my mind dude. Just trimmed off all bad leaves even the ones with a little bit of bad on, looking much better now, can see lots and lots of bud sites beneath the growth. I believe white widow is a high producer is this true, much love.

Not too sure mate, I heard G house has the original WW so its obviously going to be a hardy strain. It was one of the best 10 years ago, cant see you going wrong with that strain.

nothing but smiles from here on :)
Hi guys, I've just switched over to 12/12.

nothing but smiles from here on :)

Yeah man. Just looking at a compact de-humdifier, £40 and all the reviews say it's really good. Humidity is like 60% in the day in the grow room and the thing claims to run around 40% which will be sweet :)
Thanks for dropping by I'll get some more pics up soon ;~)

YES Newbie , flower them suckers,
Yeah thats cheap for a de-humdifier, I sometimes get high RH. How big is it . Lights out is worse for me, sometimes i've had it at 80% at night, but no rot as the day dries it out. But did have rot one time for spraying the buds during flower, silly mistake.

Hi guys, I've just switched over to 12/12.
So you made the flip huh? Let me tell ya something I have found...if I have enough smoke to last, patience isn't a problem, if not I tended to RUSH things...the plants will let us know when they are ready...if you haven't invested in a USB microscope, I highly recommend one...I got one from Amazon for around $20. The trichs will tell you when...I have a big reading magnifying glass I use before I take a sample bud to inspect it with the microscope. It has been 31 days since I made the flip...flowers are forming EVERYWHERE and I saw a light dusting of trichs last night when I went into my tent...even now I can't believe how good and healthy the girls look...keep plodding along my friend and we both will have excellent results with the help of the 420 Magazine community. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom