First Ever Closet Grow Using a 300 Watt CFL - a Bit of Skill and a Lot of Luck!

Re: First ever closet grow using a 300 watt CFL, a bit of skill and a lot of luck!

YES Newbie , flower them suckers,
Yeah thats cheap for a de-humdifier, I sometimes get high RH. How big is it . Lights out is worse for me, sometimes i've had it at 80% at night, but no rot as the day dries it out. But did have rot one time for spraying the buds during flower, silly mistake.

Sweet dude, fair enough. It's 1.4kg in weight and about 12" high. Very small indeed but the reviews are fantastic for such a small cheap unit. Doh, school-boy error mate!
Much love and good luck my friend.

Re: First ever closet grow using a 300 watt CFL, a bit of skill and a lot of luck!

So you made the flip huh? Let me tell ya something I have found...if I have enough smoke to last, patience isn't a problem, if not I tended to RUSH things...the plants will let us know when they are ready...if you haven't invested in a USB microscope, I highly recommend one...I got one from Amazon for around $20. The trichs will tell you when...I have a big reading magnifying glass I use before I take a sample bud to inspect it with the microscope. It has been 31 days since I made the flip...flowers are forming EVERYWHERE and I saw a light dusting of trichs last night when I went into my tent...even now I can't believe how good and healthy the girls look...keep plodding along my friend and we both will have excellent results with the help of the 420 Magazine community. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Yeah dude I made the commitment now it's all go, go, go!!!
I do have a large magnifying glass but it ain't that good tbh. I will search one of the marketplace websites for "usb microscope" and get one. 31 days! jeez that sounds like a long time lol.
I have a constant supply of smoke so i'm in no rush at all, I'll let them do their amazing work for me, then i'll murder them all in cold blood, strip them bare, pound them to pieces then smoke the remains!!!!!!

Hello again, I've just had to adjust the grow space and f**k me was that a chore!!
If I had another pair of hands I would have nailed it in minutes,nevertheless it only took around half a sweaty hour ;)
The canopy is all on the same level and the 3 plants are sat on a wooden box thing with holes everywhere so the roots will get a good airing. The light has been moved and I have used a small one drawer unit to put under the "holey box" to raise the canopy to within 6" of the light, puuurrrrrrfect! Pics to follow, peace.

:popcorn:

Hi mate, ok cool how long before i switch should I

a) water IMMEDIATELY, BUT ONLY AS NEEDED
b)trim sick leaves IMMEDIATELY, BUT ONLY AS NEEDED
c)feed? After a day of water only, start feeding in increasing increments like I said before as plants mature
also would it be advisable now to get a ppm meter to be accurate as this next bit is important ;) More important to have a PH meter..adjust PH to 5.5-5.8 after adding nutes to reservoir or container you are watering with.
also i'm a bit blitzed atm, got some fat cheese so i'm couch-locked hehe.
also I can see the leaves are starting to sparkle and glisten mmmmmmm.
also sorry for my repetition of the word also.
also please help me with getting the humidity down that will be my biggest worry and problem I think. I want to avoid using anything that uses power if poss. thanks. I never have a RH problem living where I do so not much help...sorry :cheesygrinsmiley:

also the new growth is looking fantastic i will get some close up pics posted ;)

IMAG015116.jpg

check this leaf below it is quite a new leaf but not the very newest maybe the one before the one before that, say about two nodes down from the top do you know what this is and should I be concerned? thanks much love. Just get it off the plant...you aren't trying to revive it, you want sick looking leaves gone.
IMAG015216.jpg
IMAG015317.jpg
IMAG015411.jpg
Sorry my reply was so late! :peace::cheesygrinsmiley:

Re: First Ever Closet Grow Using a 300 Watt CFL, a Bit of Skill and a Lot of Luck!

Hi guys my girls are ready for water again I was wondering whether to feed this time too.
Should I be using grow nute throughout flowering? It says on the biobizz nute chart to be using 1m/l for the entire flowering period. I'm starting to see signs of deficiencies in some new leaves, I'm wondering if this is just because they need water. I don't want to burn them so I just think I should water this time and see if the problems persist, what do people think???
Many thanks.

Re: First Ever Closet Grow Using a 300 Watt CFL, a Bit of Skill and a Lot of Luck!

try to alternate just water, then feed, then just water, and then feed.

Seen as the deficiency's are on the new growth it'l be a Micro deficiency, so try to give a feed with not only NPK, but all the micros as well. As your coming into flower it might be an Iron deff, but dont hold me to that as im guessing blind with just the info, but defo one of the micros :)

Hi everyone. it's been a long time since I've been here, been so busy (stoned) to do anything so here's some pics for your pleasure! Happy greening.

your girls are looking hot brother have some Reps:)

Thanks for all the comments, I'm so proud!!
They had a good watering this morning, hopefully should sort out the slight burn on the young'un. Fed her the same dose as the older 2 last week (doh) but she seemed ok with it.

Thanks for all the comments, I'm so proud!!
They had a good watering this morning, hopefully should sort out the slight burn on the young'un. Fed her the same dose as the older 2 last week (doh) but she seemed ok with it.

The nutes I'm using now are based on pot size, I think they plan on me doing a complete watering and decided the mixture between that and amount of soil.

Back
Top Bottom