First Grow - 2 x Small Closet - 300W LED For Flower - CFL For Veg

DuPont isn't all bad

Fill a good sized jug with 6-6.2pH cold water and let it sit until it reaches room temperature. That should help with pH issues.

Here is a good educational read to help understand the basics of nutrients, soil, and pH. Soil Sampling and Test Interpretation

Who knew Pioneer had such an educational website?

Also, my fingers are crossed for you.

Re: DuPont isn't all bad

A typical fast flowering strain is usually 8 weeks.
i also have some flowering atm under a platinum led p300 im at 14 days now so this will be a good comparison

Nice, I'm a bit eagor for my first harvest, I just can't wait for my first homegrown! Especially since after moving overseas a couple years ago I haven't been getting very good MJ. Not the worst but far from the good stuff I was used to. I hate how now everything I can get has been vacuum packed squeezing the buds really tight. I've also had some issues with mold on my MJ because it hadn't been dried properly. I'd buy like an ounce, take a Q of that out to smoke, and when I go back to get some more a week later its gone moldy on me. That had never happened to me before in 10 years of smoking, but then never before had that vacuum packed stuff. Anyway, I think once I've had my first harvest it will be easier to have patience :smokin:

Fill a good sized jug with 6-6.2pH cold water and let it sit until it reaches room temperature. That should help with pH issues.

Here is a good educational read to help understand the basics of nutrients, soil, and pH. Soil Sampling and Test Interpretation

Who knew Pioneer had such an educational website?

Also, my fingers are crossed for you.

I've been trying to do that since I noticed the instable pH, let my water sit for a bit before and after pH adjusting etc., but due to being winter the 'room temp' is pretty low, especially compared to the temp in my cabinet with the lights on. For now I've got enough space left in my veg cabinet to put a bucket of water to acclimatize, but I'm not sure how I'm gonna do this when the plants get bigger and fill up that space. I really don't wanna give them water that's like 20c colder then the temp in the cabinet. That's why I've been trying to use some warm tap water. I found it does work, but I need to be careful and let it sit for at least 30 min. before pH testing because it will rise a bit. It's a bit cloudy with tiny tiny air bubbles when the warm/hot water comes out the tap, I think that's what might be giving a more acidic pH reading. But I'm just guessing.

Thanks everybody for the feedback! :thanks::thanks:

Just brought thrive all purpose, how old where they when you started feeding and where you doing half dose of recommended on the box for seedlings or indoor plants when you burned them? Cheers tia.

Hey Steveboss, I started at about 3 weeks with about 1/4 strength (15ml/9 liters) and sort of slowly worked up to half strength. I also gave them some plain water every now and then. They didn't get burnt at all. But it also depends on your soil and how much/little fertilizers that has in it. Those younger plants of mine had deficiencies because of pH, that started before I even gave them any nutes. The Thrive lowers the pH of the water a little bit but not much.

They seem to work fine for veg, just start low and watch your plants.

I had a look at your grow, still early but looks good! You have a similar light setup to my veg cabinet so it will be interesting to compare results!

You say you water little amounts every couple days. I think that's fine for now but when you start with the nutes I think you are supposed to water until you get at least 10%-20% runoff. That's what I'm doing and when I get a descent EC meter I will check the runoff, that way you know for sure if you are under/over feeding. But as I mentioned before I'm still new at growing to so if I'm wrong hopefully some of the more experienced growers here could correct me...

Good luck man!

EDIT: Just re-read your journal and you have them in 10liter pots. Not sure but that might change what I said about the runoff. Again, don't just go with what I say but ask around the more experienced growers!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom