First grow and Hello from Ontario, Canada

Hi all. I’ve been doing a lot of reading and finally decided to register.

Just wanted to pop by and start with a hello.

I’ve made more mistakes this season outdoor than I can count on both hands, I’ve moved on to the toes.
It started unexpectedly with last min clones and late, mid June, so I didn’t have all that much time to get them out of the solos.

But I love it, learning learning learning for the next go :)) I treated this as an experiment and am not at all disappointed.
I value the experience far more than whatever happens at harvest this year.

Even with all those poor choices made, the girls are starting to really stack well. Sept 25

Cheers,
SCD
Hey @SCD how are you doing.
Fellow Ontarian here.
Sorry I’m late with the hello.
Welcome to 420 magazine my friend.
Lots of members from Ontario here to help you out.
The rest of our members are pretty helpful friendly people as well.
Stay safe neighbour.
Bull

Sorry for the late reply @Bill284
Thank you very much for the welcome :)
It’s that time of year, have been plenty busy at work and several day’s of precipitation on the way here in the next 2 weeks, although fairly reasonable Canuck temps.
Still no amber trichs today. I wouldn’t mind at least a few.

I also got myself lost reading here and forgot to reply to my own thread ;) tsk tsk

Thanks Nova,

So my story goes like this.

Totally unprepared, clones show up.
Introduce them to the early heat wave we had here early in summer.
Run to local farm supply store for organic soil. Mistake 1. No perlite, nothing. It’s super compact now but i was scared to transplant once they were at 5ft.
Run to local hydro store for some 7 gallon pots. Mistake 2.
They only had one Centre drain hole ‍♂️
I was busy with other things in life and once I realized, tipped them on a 45 angle and gentry drilled a dozen holes on the bottom and all around the sides.

I’m on well water and knew nothing so once they had used up the nutes in the soil, I somehow ended up with HR hard/tap Veg/Bloom powder nutes. (Not sure I would use it again but hasn’t been the main issue either)
Mistake 3. Didn’t pH the water for first 2 months lol. Got myself a pen and some pH down.
Fungus gnats. Yes. Didn’t know about the yellow stickies or potatoes at the time but did get some GG diatomaceous earth and sprinkled in to top layer to ruin the larvae.
Wpm, yep that too. Pressurized spray bottle, some baking soda, dish soap and water. ✅

Thought I’d get creative and defoliate them. May still do that again but not as aggressive and I don’t want to get in trouble on that topic.
Didn’t prune early enough lower branches. Too late now.

Brought them in the garage 3 times with the crazy weather which was helpful but ended losing 2 lower branches a few day’s ago with all the rain. Just too heavy for those lower, weaker branches.

Anyway, that’s this years experiment. Next years should be more enjoyable, rather than putting out fires all time :))
I hope you had a better grow this year, but man do you ever sound like me. Long story, but are you still trying? I’m in Bancroft Ontario so I can relate to everything you said. Hopefully you can share your knowledge with someone who is also on their second year of trying this alone.

I hope you had a better grow this year, but man do you ever sound like me. Long story, but are you still trying? I’m in Bancroft Ontario so I can relate to everything you said. Hopefully you can share your knowledge with someone who is also on their second year of trying this alone.
Good morning Heather. :ciao:
I love Bancroft, fished all around there since I was young.
My wife Stacey's cousin has a cottage off Monk rd we use now and then.
Can't remember the name of the lake.
But its got 87 steps down to the dock, that i remember. :rofl:
But since we moved up North last summer we haven't been.
We are in mining country now.
But my point is neither of you need to do any of this alone.
We are all here 24/7 to assist any way we can.
And if you tag me in a post like this @Bill284 I'll come right away to help out.
Hope your grows are fantastic. :yahoo:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

@SCD, welcome to the club and nice plant you have there,

Back
Top Bottom