First Grow, any advice on trimming from here?

Blimpsious

Thanks for taking a minute to read my post. 1st grow for me, these were placed in the tent May 31st (see pic) and the other pic is from today. 3 of them are Purple Dream and one is Rainbow Haze. The purps are getting high and I think I need to cap them but have never done so. Can anyone give me any advice on trimming these? I just received my trellis netting but don't want to mess anything up.

I've been pretty stingy on nutes, mainly only feeding cal-mag plus weekly (2ml per gallon as advised on here) but I did just start doing half doses of Kelp me and Holy Mackerel. Also ran a small serving of sensizyme through the ladies one time. (Hear it helps the roots)

Thanks again, appreciate the wisdom.

P.S: Don't mind the one beat up plant in the pic. Think I shocked it when I replanted it. Gave it to my mom and it's looking great, put it outside on her pool deck. (See pic)

20220704_185314.jpg

20220531_011433.jpg

20220630_205254.jpg

What are you growing them in, is that soil, coco coir, or...? What size tent? What lighting (and how much)?

Thanks for taking a minute to read my post. 1st grow for me, these were placed in the tent May 31st (see pic) and the other pic is from today. 3 of them are Purple Dream and one is Rainbow Haze. The purps are getting high and I think I need to cap them but have never done so. Can anyone give me any advice on trimming these? I just received my trellis netting but don't want to mess anything up.

I've been pretty stingy on nutes, mainly only feeding cal-mag plus weekly (2ml per gallon as advised on here) but I did just start doing half doses of Kelp me and Holy Mackerel. Also ran a small serving of sensizyme through the ladies one time. (Hear it helps the roots)

P.S: Don't mind the one beat up plant in the pic. Think I shocked it when I replanted it. Gave it to my mom and it's looking great, put it outside on her pool deck. (See pic)

20220704_185314.jpg

20220531_011433.jpg

20220630_205254.jpg
Hey @Blimpsious hope you are well my friend.
Some details might help.
Here is a thread that will help you.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

sorry thought I was in purple pics still a bit early here

@Bill284 are you feeling better yet? I hope so! I got BUGS as sahown below they are some type of leaf-mining SOB. I have some neem oil

Bonide BND022- Ready to Use Neem Oil, Insect Pesticide for Organic​

Ill use it on them today they arent bad but I want to nip it in the BUD (Love that).
am I on the right track?
THX in advance
Hey savvage good morning, this should be posted else where....this member is asking for advice and this could take from that.... Just a courtesy.

20220704_185314.jpg

20220531_011433.jpg

20220630_205254.jpg
Looking good so far.... So agreed a little more info would be super helpful.... Autos or photoperiods... In flower/flipping/vegging.... Nutrient line....etc.

But I look forward to see you do your thing ... Considering starting a journal? If so this link should help. Photo navigation to post a journal

@Bill284 are you feeling better yet? I hope so! I got BUGS as sahown below they are some type of leaf-mining SOB. I have some neem oil

Bonide BND022- Ready to Use Neem Oil, Insect Pesticide for Organic​

Ill use it on them today they arent bad but I want to nip it in the BUD (Love that).
am I on the right track?
THX in advance
It's a bit 9f a nightmare.
Stacey's staff are all sick with vid.
She is having a hard time.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Sorry for delay in replying, I'm growing 3 in FFOF and one is in Pro-Mix Bx, all in 7 gallon fabric pots. Tent is 3x3x6, kept around 80 degrees during the light cycle. My light is a 2022 Mars Hydro TS1000, and I've kept a steady airflow and humidity with a AC Infinity T6 Cloudline fan with carbon filter. These ladies are photos not autos. The only nutes I've used were the cal-max since about a month ago, and just started half doses of Kelp me and Holy Mackerel. I've got them vegging now, not sure about when you with them over. Like I said I'm super new and kinda limping my way through my first grow. Just kinda figuring things as I go lol. Proud that I've got them this far, because I hadn't grown anything outside of a go-t before this.

The plants are roughly 2 months since germination. (Ya I forgot to write down and dates, won't make that mistake again)

20220704_185314.jpg

20220531_011433.jpg

20220630_205254.jpg
Soooo I have never trained before this season and it is only my third time growing so please DO NOT take this as pro tip or anything of the sort.

If you have the netting I would find the easiest bending place of the top of the plant and go down one or two nodes (where the fan leaves are side by side) and CAREFULLY ( I stress this as I broke two branches yesterday but that was because I lost my attention span) bend it under the net. From there start training the lateral/side branches to grow through the net.

Another idea is quad lining but I am not sure where you are in growing schedule so you may not want to try that. There is a link in my signature for quad lining. It may be called quad squad or something similar. It explains the process.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom