First Grow Any Advice?

Cannabliss89

So I've recently bought two clones from a local cannabis club. One is Grand Daddy Purple and one is Purple Alien OG (I'm an Indica fan). I planted them in one gallon pots with fox farms ocean forest soil mixed with some perlite. I've only had them for a couple weeks. One looks really healthy but the GDP has a couple little brown spots on some leaves and some leafs are curling sideways, I'm not sure why though. I'm using plain old tap water, I got ph testing strips and my tap water is like 7.8 PH, way too high. So I've been adding a little vinegar trying to get the PH down to 6.2-6.5 before watering. I was bringing my plants in at night and putting then under CFLs for a few hours but now I've just been leaving them outside. Is it too early to leave them outside all the time? I heard you should wait till like mid May when the days have more light but they are only 2 week old clones. They wouldn't go into flowering right away right? Any advice on my setup? Should I be doing something different. I haven't looked into getting nutes yet. I heard Fox farms ocean forest has enough nutes to last like a month. Any info would help I'm new to this whole growing thing, I've spent a lot of time researching it but there is so much information it is overwhelming and everyone has there own opinion on things which makes it harder to decide on what I should do. Thank you guys!

Pics would help a lot. But first and foremost correcting your pH like you have is key. If that is corrected you will be able to tell with the new growth. Beyond that I'll let someone with more knowledge then me give you advice as I'm just starting out as well... At the beginning of my grow I had a major ph imbalance as well.

Do you have a Hydroponics store nearby? Invest in a PH meter and some PH up and down. You can purchase all for less than $100 money well spent! Ph will be one of the major issues you will have and it will ALWAYS be an issue until you get it right. Stick to the basics! Watering, PH, RH, Temp, Lighting, Ventilation. Pay attention to those things and you will be fine. Below is a link that may help.

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Regarding leaving the plants outside, how cold does it get at night? If it gets below 70F I'd consider taking em indoors. Also, Ocean Forest has bat guano in it which can burn younger plants.

ph for soil should be 6.5-6.8. Vinegar isn't the best for changing ph, getting some PH up/down would be easier and more reliable. Also use a ph pen to determine the ph, you can get one online for $30-$40. No need for nutes yet using that soil. Keep temps between 68F-84F at all times. Humidity should be 40-60%. Did any bugs get into the plants from being outside? And yes they can go into flower at almost any point if they are photo plants over 3 weeks old, just don't give them 12/12 lighting, keep it at 18/6 for veg.

I've heard a lot about the importance of PH, I have like 100 of those testing strips for pools, thats what I use. I didn't really wanna spend a whole lot on a ph meter, how cheap can you get one? I originally bought some Clorox PH down for spas, but it was in a crystal form and thought vinegar would be better because it's liquid.

As far as the temperature it ranges from 90 to 40 degrees. But is usually around 70 or 80 during the day. I'm going camping in a week and I'm just gunna have someone stop by a few times to water them. So I guess I have to keep them outside until I get back. I hope they'll do ok. My brothers going to be watering the plants while I'm gone for like a week and a half, he doesn't know much about growing or ph. Could I fill up one of those 5 gallon jugs and correct the ph so it's around 6.5 and then just leave it for a couple weeks for him to water my plants while I'm gone. Will the water stay good and stay the correct ph?

Well I took a photo, it won't let me upload on my phone I guess.

Yes storage containers are nice and will work. I use one because I have to water six plants. Get the pH correct but like everyone is saying get true uppers and downer of pH products. Try and get a soil/pH/and light Meyer in one. Its cheap. I have one and I measure to the size of volume of water. Your tap sounds around mine. Try 4ml of downer per gallon. Normally works for me. If you have liquid nutes later measure ph after you put nutes in your phed water.

IMG_20150423_074553499.jpg

The testing strips will never be better than a ph pen, its worth the $40 since it is essentially your most important tool in a grow. The huge change in temps is probably affecting the plant too. If someone is going to help you while you are away the big things to note are correct ph and no overfertilizing. Might be easiest to write a little recipe so your brother can just mix it up fresh and have less to worry about. I've never stored my mixed nutes so idk if they even hold up long

Re: First Grow Any Advice? (PICS ADDED)

Ok, now that I'm on my computer I can show you guys some photos, they aren't the best quality but Ill take more later, this is just to get an idea of what I'm working with. Maybe someone can identify why one of my clones has a couple brown spots and some leaves curling sideways (not downwards). Also couldn't figure out how to edit and change the angle of some photos so I apologize in advance, I'm still getting used to this forum. Thanks.

Here is my Grand Daddy Purple, it's only been about a week since I planted it in its pot.

image24591.jpg
image24593.jpg
image24595.jpg

And this is my Purple Alien OG, it's been almost 2 weeks since she's been in her pot.

image24597.jpg
image24594.jpg
image24596.jpg

And here's both...

image245471.jpg

What do you guys think? Is there a problem with the GDP or is she just more sensitive than the other one?
They are clones so I think they are still kinda getting over the transplant shock and getting used to the direct sunlight. You guys have been awesome with your replies, any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and in response to the question about the nutrients. I don't have any yet, since FFOF soil has a lot of nutes in it already I figured I wouldn't have to start feeding till I get back from my trip. I just want to make sure that If I fill up a giant 5 gallon jug of water and get the PH down to 6.5 that the PH will stay at that level for a couple weeks. That way my brother can just use that water to give to the plants and not have to worry about balancing the PH, he's never grown or anything like that, he's just going to take care of them while I'm gone so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for him so he doesn't mess it up lol.

Back
Top Bottom