First grow attempt

tat1964

Greetings all, first time grower needing some advice/encouragement.
I started with bag seed to find out if I could even keep a plant alive before ordering good genetics. I'm growing in FFOF/perlite mix under a 180W LED on 18/6 in a 5 gallon bucket. It's now a month in and I'm really just looking for advice or criticism (constructive please). I topped and started training last week. For the most part it seems to be pretty healthy. I haven't seen anything indicating a problem. I have read everything I have been able to find about LSTing but I don't feel like I'm doing as good as I could be. I've also read that there are strains that don't respond well to this training. I was thinking about flipping the lights and seeing what happens
image29060.jpg

It looks like you have your basics planned out. You should do just fine!

I would not flip your lady until she starts showing white hairs. My OG Kush Ladies let me know when it was time to switch to 12/12 about day 54 (from seed), and that was after a good deal of training, taking clones from shaded areas, and judicious pruning. By then, you'll have her growth figured out, and you'll see definite changes in phenotype and growth pattern.

IMO, You'll get more yield from a mature plant than you will from forcing an immature plant to flower before she's ready.

Maybe a little too much N in the diet I think. Maybe someone else can have 2nd opinion on that for me?

Looks like too much N to me. Either that or humidity levels are too high. If it's nute burn, it's actually handling it pretty well.

I wouldn't flip it quite yet. If you have at least a couple more inches to grow it out, it might be well worth it in yield.

Hey tat1964, Take my info with a grain of salt lol with that being said I think it's either a Boron deficiency or Phosphorus deficiency. Both of these deficiency include twisted growth. Boron def. tends to have a pale colored also. Don't count on my info.. google both of these and form your opinion. :Namaste:

I appreciate the input. I was thinking I should thin it out some but didn't want to take anything important

I didn't mention in my first post I started feeding last weekend with the GH flora series. i'll be watering again today as she was very light when I checked this morning

After removing some of the big fan leaves and tying everything down again. Watered, fed and hopefully ready to grow. Thanks for all the advice

Back
Top Bottom