First Grow - CFL In Closet - 4 Clones 3 Strains - Advice Welcome

KiRZT1

4 clones..I have 1 grape ape, 1 pineapple punch, and 2 sfv og kush.
I got them from a random unreliable source so I don't know if they are true.
All four are in Dixie cups in rockwool in soil now.
I have them under 2 2700k cfl's right now with a fan on them every other day.
I have been watering lightly a few times a day and added a schultz plant food at very low dose.
I plan to transplant the og's to 2 or 5 gallon buckets and move them outside after veg. Covering one 12/12 to start flowering and letting the other go all the way.
The other two I plan to move to 1 gallon pots and keeping them in the closet.
Any and all advice is welcome.
O and I plan to use fox farms bloom for flower and bat guano and worm castings in the soil.
Pictures next.

IMAG030710.jpg
IMAG03085.jpg
IMAG03099.jpg
IMAG031013.jpg

2700k is best used for flowering. U want to use 6500k for veg. Be careful watering them so much cause you can cause root rot. Test the soil with you finger. Go down about 2 inches, if it's wet don't water. If it is dry water them only one time in a day. Make sure u have good drain holes at the bottom of cups. Also try not to put fan directly on them. Let the air circulate around them. Good luck.

2700k is best used for flowering. U want to use 6500k for veg. Be careful watering them so much cause you can cause root rot. Test the soil with you finger. Go down about 2 inches, if it's wet don't water. If it is dry water them only one time in a day. Make sure u have good drain holes at the bottom of cups. Also try not to put fan directly on them. Let the air circulate around them. Good luck.

I understand the principals of lighting, growing and watering.

I was wondering how much light you are intend to use in the closet. (How many watts of CFLs)

Don't need much to veg, but for flower, Min of 100w for the first plant and 50w additional for each extra plant. Which would put you at 250 watts. Some people use 500 watts for four plants in flowering. 250 is good for veg. I would double the light in flowering to 500. Use good venting and fans if u go 500.

Thank you everybody for your advice and responses.you have helped alot.
Since my last post here's what has gone down;
-nite burn with schultz 10-15-10 at 1/4 strength. So I got off that completely and switched to alaskan fish fertilizer when I water, also 1/4 strength. The problem progressed so I stopped and flushed all plants 2 days ago. The problem doesnt seem to be worsening at all. I pulled a few burnt leaves and will ease back into the fert.
-added 1 more cfl
-somewhat enclosed growing area in closet.
-transplanted all but 1og to final containers in soil with guano, worm castings, and chicken manuer.
After attempting to FIM them it seems to have worked..
I plan to start flowering in about 2-3 more weeks.
I will post pIcs of everything tonight.
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. REALLY THIS IS A GREAT COMMUNITY.

IMAG03308.jpg
IMAG03408.jpg
IMAG03419.jpg
IMAG03429.jpg
IMAG03438.jpg
here's the pics..and just to information everyone I have discovered the ape and og2 were mislabeled in the first posts..

Heres a quick update. All plants are in final pots now and I have added a new bulb in the bottom corner. It's a 5500k.
I plan to move the OGs out back in a week..and plan to flower inside and force flower 1og outside in 1-2 weeks at the most.
IMAG03627.jpg
IMAG03635.jpg

Back
Top Bottom