First Grow - Blue Dreams - Soil Grow - Fairly Budget - Any Advice Welcome! - 2013

UCTh1Rx.jpg

I got some Cookies clones.

My house now reeks. Any tips on smell? I can't use carbon.

A carbon scrubber is the only sure fire way to get the smell. This is one of the most important things to get before you even put seed in soil. You can make one for your exhaust vent for around 40$. Trust me 40$ is much cheaper than the 1000+$ it will take to afford a lawyer if you get raided. All you need is chicken wire, a carbon filter sheet, pantyhose, tape, and some activated carbon that's used in aquariums. Mold the chicken wire to your exhaust duct. Wrap the carbon filter around it and tape it. Put pantyhose on the end, tape it securely and poor in the activated carbon bits. Now it can be attached to your vent system.

You can also buy a gallon bucket of ona gel + the ona breeze for around 60-70+$. This will get most of the smell but not all! (keep out of grow room unless you want your bud to smell and taste like fresh laundry...)

There is also a supporter for this site called "What Odor" It's an essential oil spray you can use like febreeze, but like the ona gel this isn't 100% effective or to be used in place of a carbon scrubber. Remember if you have cats ona gel and what odor use essential oils and these are deadly to them so keep that in mind if you got em'.

Another remedy is a ozone generator, but these can go for 100+$. These convert molecules in the air into pure oxygen molecules there by eliminating all smell (Think of that fresh smell after a lightning storm, it uses the same property to create ozone in the home). Yet these can be very very dangerous to both humans, pets and plants in large doses. Too much ozone is toxic and it will cause burns to your plants. So refer to HEPA standards for any ozone device for the safe amount of ozone per sq/ft.

Be safe and good luck on your grow Kool.

I do have a medical card and an attorney friend, but I do not have an exhaust vent, lol. I do plan on upgrading my grow, and when I move I shall. When I do so, I will probably get a carbon scrubber.

That was an awesome read bro :)

Ah! Well shame on me, I just assumed you didn't have a med card or even lived in a med state. Best of luck to you my man, just make sure your setup has some type of ventilation. Plants like us need to breath! So they need a fresh supply of CO2 (you could just sit there and breath on them for hours on end like i do j/k). The room you grow in will need to vent all air roughly every 5mins. This is a rather easy calculation and not very expensive to do (How to Find Cubic Feet) [Inline fans will cycle so many cubic ft per min]. I use a single 4" exhaust and a single 6" inline to vent in new air and so far my plants love it, best part is I only spent around 50$ for both.

Anyways I have a tendency to ramble (happens when you get old). Best of luck and I'm going to sub to this thread to watch your girls grow with ya and help when ever I can :Namaste: :peace:

First off congrats on the baby! Excellent job on the grow so far, cant wait to see the end results! To answer a few of your questions a Carbon scrubber would be the best way to remove the smell, I've heard Ona gels work great too, a few other things to help cut smell might be an air purifier and an ozonator (but not near the plants). I really like your design on your grow cab, it reminds me a lot of mine. Speaking from experience here, by separating the rooms in 1 cabinet ie; clone, veg, flower its going to get difficult to vent out the hot air. It might be more feasible to create 2 cabinets 1 for flower 1 for clone and veg. I wish you the best of luck and I'll drop in from time to time to see if I can help

Back
Top Bottom