First Grow Checklist

Home

Hello growers. Just looking for some advice on the items and growing methods I have picked for my first grow. Growing for personal use me and my girlfriend use it for different reasons such as pain anxiety headaches migraines. I have done lots of reading here and theres lots more to do just trying to see where I'm currrently at as far as parts for my grow.

Goals:

• Grow 4oz
  • Stealth it will be in our closet room temp is 70
  • Low energy impact went with LED

Items I have: most items have arrived or I am picking up local

• Active Air 400 CFM Inline Fan, 6-Inch
    81zjVczJiWL_SL1500_.jpg
  • iPower Carbon filter for 6 inch Inline Fan
    51iPp2ZT0fL3.jpg
  • Reflector 96 MARS LED
  • https://www.mars-hydro.com/Reflector-96-P2392.aspx
  • 3''x 2' 3''x 5' 3''Grow Tent
  • Mars Hydro
  • Soil FFOF with 25 % perlite mixed in
  • Active Air ACSC Duct Fan Speed Adjuster
  • General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow & Bloom - 1 Pint Each
  • AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor
  • 3 of Apollo Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow hangers
  • HM Digital TDS-EZ Water Quality TDS Tester
  • General Hydroponics Liquid Kool Bloom Fertilizers, 1-Quart
  • 5 Pack 3 Gallon Smartpots
  • 6 inch clip fan inside aswell

Genetics:

• (fem) Barneys Farm - Liberty Haze

Training:

• Top after 5th node right above the 4th one and I was just going to see where this gets me I also know the basics of LST supercropping and scorg

Growing:

• 18/6 veg for 6 weeks
  • 12/12 flower for 11 weeks

Nutes:

• None till week 4 of veg then start with 1/4 dose of FloraNova grow adjust as needed
  • Start of flower 1/4 dose of FloraNova bloom and 1/4 dose of liquid kool bloom adjust as needed

So that's all I got for now any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated and I'm willing to change things up if it means a good harvest at the end thanks again

For FFOF, I would suggest testing the ph of the runoff before you plant to make sure it is within the correct ph range. Myself, as well as others have had problems with FFOF ph being way too low, causing loads of deficiency problems and stunted growth.

I would first fill a pot with FFOF and 25% perlite.
Plain water it at 7ph (this is straight from my tap so I do not have to ph it). You could probably water it at whatever your tap ph is at, unless it is below 6.2, but not higher than 7.
Test the runoff ph. If it is below 6.2ph, such as 5.2ph or even 4.8, which is what I have gotten from 100% FFOF, I would mix in lime with the soil.

Another training technique you may want to have a look at is mainlining. This is great for stealth because it significantly reduces the amount of skunk from the plant. It is easier to manage when doing LST, easier to water, looks a lot cleaner, less popcorn buds and more energy to the main colas.

Also, you may want to use square plastic pots instead of smart pots. It'll allow you to drill holes in the edge so you can use tie wraps to do LST. I would also suggest clay pellets on top of the soil to protect the leaves from soil splash, or even from laying on the soil directly while doing LST. Smart pots imo, are just too flimsy.

Add dolomite to your soil and mix well. 2TBS per gallon of soil. Have calmag on hand. LED grows eat the heck out of it. Would be good to have calmag and just epsom for mag only. You will more than likely need them.

Looks like a good start.

Since you said stealth and also in your closet, will you be ducting your vented air into the attic or to the outside of the house? That fan is going to sound like a jet engine running in your closet. If sound isn't an issue then no worries there and using led heat isn't a major issue. Speed controller for the fan might be a very worth while and cheap investment.

If you do mainline or some major lst you could veg for 6 weeks but remember you have 5 ft of working space. The light recommend to be about 12-18 inches from the top of the plant I'm guessing. So now your at 3.5 ft for plants. I don't know how tall the smart pots are but I'm just going to guess 12" with catch. So your at 2.5ft for plants. I grow mine 12/12 from seed/clone, no veg, and they end up 30+ inches tall with no training. Hopefully the LED will help them stay squat and maybe allowed to be a little closer than my estimates but training will be key in that space. I unfortunately live with the same restrictions and it's always a battle to keep the plants low enough. Once they hit their stretch in flower they get tall in a hurry

Back
Top Bottom