First Grow - CropKing Seeds Early Miss Auto & Crown Royale

Yeah, I find it so hard to remember what they looked like even a week ago without photographic evidence :) It was Pigeons, that awesome fellow, who encouraged me to LST and then to keep LSTing to open her up.

Can't wait to see your girls respond to your training!

Pigeon gave some great advice and I'm glad you followed through with it. I had it in my head from googling around that anything other than leaf tucking on an auto would be a bad idea.

The photos are nice and I find myself looking through them all quite a lot from the moment the seeds first got wet. The one that I have of the Early Miss with signs of pH fluctuation can also be used for the next plants to show them what can happen if they don't behave and grow! :jawdropper:

I think one of the problems i have with dirt is that it has built in nutrients because its organic, it also breaks down over time, then you have to figure out what it needs, the GH and other chemical ferts can be used for dirt but are made for inert media, and i know that the ph when using dirt is much higher then with hydro i think dirt was 6-5-7.5 dont quote me on that one, but make sure you monitor the ph level to whatever is ideal will allow the plant to uptake as much nutrients as it can

I'm going to keep an eye on your grow, I really want to see how tall they get. A DWC setup just keeps sounding cooler by the day in my head and maybe one bucket into a SCoG would keep it low enough for my shorter cabinet.

The dirt I used didn't have any nutes mixed into it, I've read so many mixed opinions on it that I just decided to keep the medium plain and take care of nutes myself. First grow, for me, needs to be pretty straight forward, next grow will likely be only a little bit involved but after that I'll be more into something more involved. The only thing that I did to the dirt before planting was flush about 5 gallons of pH'd water through each 3 gallon pot. I'll probably flush again in a couple of weeks to get rid of any salt buildup from the vegging nutes, just as they're going into flower.

Nice idea on seperate veg and bloom tents. That's what I may end up doing as well if I do end up getting a tent... veg in the cabinet and flower in the tent.

I gotta say, I'm quite happy with how these lovely ladies have come along from being LST'd less than 24 hours ago.

I was going to make them a special dinner to celebrate but considering the pH fluctuation from last time (stupid pH meter out of calibration), I decided that a simple meat and potatoes was probably a good idea. 3/4tsp (3.75ml) of BioBizz Grow in 4cups (1 liter) of water, and that's it... half to each one. A nice carb load and some sweets.

I've done this a couple of times, just a small amount and it leaves me to water again the next day. It also lets me recover a bit easier if I mess something up lol.

The Crown Royale needed some more leaves removed. Because she's so bushy there were a few that were laying on top of others and there was moisture starting to build up between them so removing them got rid of the chance of mold and also increased air flow.

Both of them got some more LST, now that they had totally recovered from yesterday's main stem LST it was much easier to tell where to put the rest.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

20151001_135457.jpg

20151001_135426.jpg

The above two pics are the Crown Royale. She's spread out quite nicely but I think it could've been better if I had topped maybe a week earlier but I'm still very happy and will change things up next time.

20151001_135443.jpg

20151001_135422.jpg

These two are the Early Miss. It bugs me a bit seeing so much foilage and not being able to thin it out but I did some leaf tucking and I think that she'll do well.

I need to buy some more fold back binder clips, they're just so nice for LSTing on the fabric pots and they're cheap. Never thought I'd use a dozen already!

Thanks for sharing in my fun everyone.

Hi folks, just a quick update and a couple pics on the LST.

I think the Early Miss auto could use some adjusting but I think that I'll wait a couple days before doing any more to her and let her recover fully from what she's already gone through. Aside from that, I'm quite pleased but if anyone has any tips or suggestions I'd love to hear it.

Early Miss is on the left, Crown Royale is on the right.

20151002_072759.jpg

20151002_072754.jpg

Not much of an update since I posted some pics this morning already but these ones are from this evening and I turned off the LED and hand held my T5 grow bulb for these (try taking a pic on a phone with one hand and hold a light with the other! lol).

20151002_155502.jpg

Above is the Early Miss auto.

20151002_155507.jpg

Above is the Crown Royale

20151002_155514.jpg

And a pic from (mostly) above both (EM left, CR right).

Only thing different since yesterday is that I mixed up 2 liters (fed 1 liter each):
2.5ml (1/2tsp) GH Micro
2.5ml (1/2tsp) GH Grow
1.25ml (1/4tsp) GH Bloom

pH'd that to 6.3

I really wanted to add CalMag and molasses again and some Green-Up (for the alternate N delivery) but, for my own sake, I just kept it light and simple. Still feel bad about about the minor nute burn earlier on the CR and the pH fluctuation on the leaf of the EM is a constant reminder that I need to hold back my enthusiasm and excitement.

Hi MrFixIt,

In short, LST is a method of "training" your plant to grow a certain way by tying it back with strings, hangers, twist-ties or whatever is on hand and/or appropriate for the situation. If done even close to right it should increase your yield by giving you more main colas and it also helps to keep a more even canopy for better light distribution as well as keep your plant shorter, which is fantastic for height constrained growing areas.

There's tons of info online about LST but, let's keep it home! Here's a LST guide on the 420 forums that will be a great place to learn about it: LST How to do

The forums here are by far and above the most friendly and helpful place I have ever seen among any topic. Don't be afraid to ask questions and explore... so much knowledge and a super friendly place.

Feel free to ask anything growing related you wish and if I can't give you some insight then I'd be more than happy to try and find a good starting point for you.

Take care and happy growing! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom