First Grow, Deep Water Culture, Northern Lights, Pics

Be careful with those nute adds over short periods of time. Too little is just too little but too much is a problem. I like to wait 2-3 days between bumps on the nutes when they are young. Easy fix if it starts to get spots on the leaves. Drain a gallon and fill it back up with a gallon of ph adjusted water only. The girls will tell you if they have had enough.

Be careful with those nute adds over short periods of time. Too little is just too little but too much is a problem. I like to wait 2-3 days between bumps on the nutes when they are young. Easy fix if it starts to get spots on the leaves. Drain a gallon and fill it back up with a gallon of ph adjusted water only. The girls will tell you if they have had enough.

Yup, we never seem to UNDER do anything!!

pH has remained stable. I switched the lights around yesterday so they're getting a nice mix of spectrums. The oldest still hasn't gotten her color back but I have confidence she'll be fine. My second oldest and the newest are loving the nutes or something because they're growing like crazy. :)

Oldest:
SDC10541.JPG

Second:
SDC10542.JPG

Newest:
SDC10544.JPG

I will definitely keep a close eye on their leaves and wait a few days before I add anymore. :thanks:

Growing teaches PATIENCE and PATIENCE is a very desirable virtue and personality quality trait!
aint that the truth. watch in a week or 2 those babies will be noticeably growing everyday. youll love it. great job so far. keep up the good work. im pulling up a chair for this one.

Woke up to see some root action happening on my second oldest. She seems to be racing ahead of the other two for now. I'm sure in a few weeks, I won't be able to tell them apart though. :)

Here she is:
SDC105461.JPG

SDC105451.JPG

Smoke a bowl for me because I'm running low! :peace:

I got snowed in today, so I decided to go picture crazy on the ladies. Now I see what you guys were talking about yesterday, and I think these pictures will speak for themselves when you compare them to the ones yesterday. :)

My big girl and her roots:
SDC10553.JPG
SDC10556.JPG

My oldest seems to be coming around now. Her lone root that popped out a while ago is making a dash to the water:
SDC10551.JPG
SDC10555.JPG

The one in the back really looks like a beast compared to the other two lol:
SDC105481.JPG

The one in the back looks really good. The others will come along soon. I'm not sure about the nute question. How are your temps and humidity holding?

Temps have been steady, staying around 78-82. Humidity, I'm having an issue with. When my towels and bowls of water are dried up, it drops to 20%. When I refresh the towels (2 towels hanging on the clothes rack in the closet and 2 wash cloths sitting on the top of the tank) it gets up to 40%. The towels and bowls of water dry up quick in there though with the fan oscillating over them.

I think I'm going to throw some newspapers into a cup of water and stick them in there later today. When I can get out in the snow, I'll find a suitable bottle for misting them because the ones I have now are crap.

508 counting my water which is around 170. So it's kind of low? I'm weary about adding more nutes when those other two are so small, don't wanna burn em.

You are wise to go slow with feedings.

You can make a wick from a rolled up newspaper or a lot of papertowels, and fill a quart or gallon jar or jug with water, and leave the wet paper sticking out the top, like a wick and it will help with humdiity %. That way it doesn't evaporate as fast. 40% is not the very best, but it is good enough.

I had to improvise a little, but I got two cups full of water in there with some rolled up news papers and wash cloths sticking out.

I have you and everyone else here to thank for "my" wisdom on the slow feedings. I'm just listening to advice and letting everyone's guidance sink in. Thanks again to everyone who has offered some word of advice or encouragement. It's greatly appreciated and I know my babies will love you all for it too. :D

Back
Top Bottom