First grow ever - Need help

Adam13213

Ok so I picked up some autoflowering seeds and don't know where to go from there. It has to be a indoor grow with little to no smell and budget freindly. I'm looking for the essentials for what I'm trying to do, like tents, lights, grow medium ... things like that. I don't have a clue what I'm doing and was wanting a start to finish guide for the autoflowering strain. This would include a shopping list, how to feed them, how much light, basically everything you need to know about autoflowering. I hope to grow just 4 plants at a timm. Nothing fancy like a hydroponic system just a simple grow. I do want to use led lights though for power cost

Hi Adam13213,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and community of folks that gathers here.

I wonder if you've stumbled across the information available in the tab at the top titled "Grow Room" Between the "How to Grow Marijuana" and "Grow Journals" threads I think you'll find a wealth of knowledge available on the site. I also frequently use the search feature to drill down on a specific topic. As I have not ever grown an Auto for instance, I would use the search feature to identify any threads or journals specific to Autos to learn if there are any particular differences between them and photoperiod plants.

I offer these resources as an alternative to a one stop "guide to everything you will need and step by step instructions" as there are so many variables that only you will know, that it would render such a list useless within the first few paragraphs.

Be well and happy growing!

What strain of autos did you get? A lot depends on that as they vary in size. What do you mean by budget friendly? Everyone has a different measurement for that. All I could recommend from the info given would be to check out the mars hydro reflector series lights, they are pretty popular here, but which ones will be dependant on the tent size. I'm guessing a 3x3 or 4x4 tent will be about right. Also check out Atrain's autoflower threads. Here's one to get started: Atrain's Autoflower Feeding

OK I am using early miss auto from crop kings and maybe a 32x32x68 tent with 4 3gal smart pots I need help picking a good led that's price savvy so plz more about lights. I want to use the easiest medium so any suggestions. I know nothing on nutrients either.

If you want 4 plants I would go with a 3x3x6 tent at a minimum, preferrably 4x4x6. Even if you can fit 4 plants in a smaller space, you still want room for air circulation and ease of maintenance. Plus you may want space for medium sized plants. I grow in 2x4x6 cabinets and have 2 smallish to medium sized plants. I wouldn't begin to think about a smaller space or more plants, its perfect.

As for lights, you might take a look at the mars hydro reflector 144 lights, you'll need 2 of them. The cree cob series lights are becoming popular, but will probably cost you a lot more.

As for medium, that's kinda for you to decide. I would suggest reading the thread I linked to in my other post. He uses smart pots and a soiless medium like promix with 20-25% added coarse perlite. He uses advanced nutrients. Search for his other threads and read them. There's tons of information in them. I also suggest reading a lot of the stickies as TanR suggested. Also try to get ahold of Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook. You can't just rely on a simple guide if you want this to turn out well, you need to read read read. No 2 grows are the same, no 2 seeds are the same. You can have 4 of the same seeds and end up with 4 plants that have different nutrient requirements. The more you read the better prepared you will be to recognize problems before they get bad. Also start a journal and post a link here when you get started, There's a lot of helpful people around here and some very knowledgable ones as well.

Back
Top Bottom