First Grow - Have A Few Questions

Randomized

Hi everybody,
So this is my first grow and I've got a couple of questions, however at the moment I don't have my camera so I will upload a few pictures tomorrow. Basically I've had this plant growing for a little more than a month now. It's about 19" tall with 4 sets of leaves. Only within the past week or so has it been growing more leaves out of the original 4 nodes(? Not sure if this is proper terminology). I topped it a week and a half ago due to the fact that I had to make a grow box out of cardboard which is in a cramped-ass closet. The box is ~16"x18"x29". When I transplanted the seedling way back when, I put it in soil made by MiracleGro which claims to feed plants for up to 3 months. I think this initially stunted its growth because it took a good week before I noticed it starting to grow again, at least visibly. Last week I flushed it out with probably close to a gallon of water, however the tips of all of the leaves have a yellowish color. By tips i mean the first 1/8" to 1/4" of the leaf and this is only affecting the center-most leaves (the longest ones). All of the leaf tips, especially the topmost ones have a bit of a curl to them. I'm not so worried about this though. My worry is nitrogen toxicity. The topmost leaf sets are of a very prominent green color. If this helps, the stems of those leaves that connect to the main stem are a little purple-ish. Should I flush again or let it be?

I have 2 PC fans, one small one at the top for exhaust and a larger one near the bottom (78cfm) for intake. I have 2 100W equiv. CFLs overhead, 1 more 100W equiv CFL below the top canopy illuminating the bottom. Temp is normally between 72F (@night) and 79F (day). Not sure about humidity. Lights are on 24/7 for veg stage.
I appreciate all feedback and suggestions, and will try to get some pics uploaded for you tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom