First Grow - Hydro - CFL - All Was Going Well Until Now

Re: First grow and first hydro grow(cfl light grow). All was going well until now...

Hey guys. Sorry about the lack of updates. Guess I should first start with the bad news...my big girls no longer with us. Not because it died...it was alive and doing great...but due to the fact my now ex roommate decided to try n be a ass and called the cops..too bad his plan backfired and they charged him with it.... Anyways lol. Back down to one grow. My box currently has 4 plants in it...the 3 clones from my big girl and that bag seed I had found. They all look alive and well. But my question is do you think 4 plants is going to be too crowded for my setup? And if not do you think my current 6 bulb light is going to be strong enough once they get bigger? I'll try to post some pictures later on because it's currently not letting me.

Re: First grow and first hydro grow(cfl light grow). All was going well until now...

How big is ur space, and how many watts total with the 6bulb? Looking pretty nice though, dwc is my fav type of grow.

Here's pics of the clones. Finally got em to upload.

Group shot
image7880.jpg

image7882.jpg

This ones the seedling
image7884.jpg

Kinda hard to tell. But the girl that I stretched n broke is the biggest and takes up most of the space
image7885.jpg
image7886.jpg

How big is ur space, and how many watts total with the 6bulb? Looking pretty nice though, dwc is my fav type of grow.

Here's the lights. I was using 3 of each in the veg stage. I just however switched em all to flower...which reminds me gotta switch the timer too. As far as the space I think its a 24 gallon tub. Not sure of exact size. Lemmie know what u think bro. Thanks again.

image7908.jpg

Hmm it also looks like if I turn my iPad sideways to take the pic they upload right side up. I'll have to remember that too.

Hey guys.
Hope someones still following along with this..... It's sad to think how my big girl woulda been looking right now ... ��.
Anyways im Working on a new setup. Here's what I've gathered so far
image7997.jpg
image7998.jpg

I got 3 30 gallon rubber maids. The goal is to have them still stacked like in the picture when the setup is done. I want to still use my same little dwc setup I have been using and it will fit nicely in the bottom of the new bins. New setup is going to be about 1 1/2 feet taller then the box I have now,and I whole lot wider. :thumb: I also picked up some reflective tape,more air tubing and bubble stones, 2 more 100 watt flowering bulbs, and some power grip adhesive. Total cost of the trip (in case anyone wants to know) was about $45. I think my plan is gonna be to use this as my flowering box and then use the box I have now as a veg box. This is still coming together in my head so any input is more then welcome. :) My buddy came over last night and gave me some platinum kush seeds, so I'm planning on getting them started here in the very near future. I guess I'll make that my second grow journal. I was thinking about separating this one, but decided not to since I had it going at the same time as my first. Speaking of grows i'll also do an update on the clones later tonight and post that as well. :-D

Till next time
image7999.jpg
:bong: :goof:

Its looking pretty nice man, good progress, Id invest in a bigger light though in the future for the next run, maybe a 400?? Their not that expensive u can find one on ebay/amazon for like 120 bucks. Hows ur roots looking? as long as ur roots are fine, so is the ph, ull be alright.

Its looking pretty nice man, good progress, Id invest in a bigger light though in the future for the next run, maybe a 400?? Their not that expensive u can find one on ebay/amazon for like 120 bucks. Hows ur roots looking? as long as ur roots are fine, so is the ph, ull be alright.
I know! I've already started a savings jar for a light/tent. But for now just gotta work with what I got :slide: lol. And roots are looking great! Not slimy feeling,nice white color. I'll have to take a pic when I get home.

Update on the babies.

Well I defiantly need to finish my new box asap! Clone #1 is just a monster. She's taking up 75% of the box. As you can see from the second pic, one of the clones is down to 1 branch due to the big clone I guess hogging all the light. So gonna get the big one moved into my new box, but my question is can I then put the light cycle back on 18/6 to make the other clones grow taller/fatter? Will they even grow again? I feel like I should have gotten the bigger one moved sooner and now it's gonna be too late....
More pics coming soon.

image8073.jpg
image8074.jpg
image8075.jpg

The last pic is just trying to show how tall the monster is. That's an Arizona tea can.

This last pic is the box in progress. I got them all sealed together and all the middles cut out. I'm also about done covering the inside with my reflective tape so once I'm done with that ill post those pics
image8076.jpg

Update time guys. :)

Time for a quick update and some pics since I got the babies out for feeding.
As you can see, I separated the 2 biggest clones from the small one and the seedling. I did this for 2 reasons. Reason 1 is I switched the big ones to the flowering stage,and I wanted to see if I can get the other 2 to grow a little more. And the 2nd reason is because I'm still notsure if the seedlings a mr or mrs yet. My question is still if I put the lights for the smaller ones back on 18/6, will they start to grow again and get taller? Or did the big girls hogging all the light totally kill them? As you can see from the pic they aren't looking the greatest, how ever they do still appear to be alive and kicking. Do I have to trim them to get them to grow?? Too late for any lsting? Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Here's the pics. First one are the 2 biggies. Now on flowering 12/12. Second pics the miniatures.

image8136.jpg
image8137.jpg

Sadly the girls didn't make it :(. I did get about a quarter of popcorn buds tho when I was forced to harvest early. It didn't smoke too bad for my first grow ever :bravo: Already started up some clones I managed to get as well so stay tuned for my next journal guys. :).

Til next time :Namaste::peace:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, Mep490.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom