Home Made Aero - Hindu Hash - CFL Grow

Thank you bro. I am trying to get things back the way that they were several years ago. Its a long road when money is tight. I guess it is good for me to do all the DIY stuff. The work is helping my back heal. Doc says whatever I am doing, keep doing it. I told him all I do is smoke, work, smoke, work....

Did you ever get those spot on your girls taken care of? Havent been on the computer too much the last few days. Prolly go check your grow out after I post some pics that I just took.

Hey Giovanni!

well i dont know for SURE what the problem was.... but after some reading and talking to fellow 420magrs it came down to being a mag deficiency.... maybe a little nitrogen def as well..... i added 1 tsp to 1 gal and fed and they seem to be doing better.... i havent seen the spots or the yellowing spread so WHEW.... :surf:

haha swing thru my man! been busy workn with the ladies and hopefully ive made some improvement.....

another word is i just scored some f1 super skunk clones from my local disp.... man they like me.... haha! they gave me 2 clones and one of em got 2 branches! good things are happening.... and hope they are for you too Gio!

by the way... i keep gazin off at the aero setup.....still...... jawdrop......

Hey Giovanni!

well i dont know for SURE what the problem was.... but after some reading and talking to fellow 420magrs it came down to being a mag deficiency.... maybe a little nitrogen def as well..... i added 1 tsp to 1 gal and fed and they seem to be doing better.... i havent seen the spots or the yellowing spread so WHEW.... :surf:

haha swing thru my man! been busy workn with the ladies and hopefully ive made some improvement.....

another word is i just scored some f1 super skunk clones from my local disp.... man they like me.... haha! they gave me 2 clones and one of em got 2 branches! good things are happening.... and hope they are for you too Gio!

by the way... i keep gazin off at the aero setup.....still...... jawdrop......

Thats good that you got that shit worked out. Things are going okay over here. The girls are trying to fatten up a little now, so that makes me happy. Thats awesome that they hooked you up with a few babies. I looked at a little info for the superskunk while I was researching strains. Here is the info that I got on them, dont know if you know it, or if it will help...

Superskunk -

Indoor or Outdoor
difficulty: moderate
height: 4-5ft
flowering: 8-10wks
yeild: 15oz (SOG)
thc: 8-15%
smoke: stoney

If you are interested in going aero eventually, let me know, I can walk you through building one of those systems. It will run you about $75. I plan to make a tutorial for it when I build the next one. I did find a few more pictures that I took while building it. I dont really remember taking them because I was in a hurry, but apparently I documented it somewhat. Here are the other pics of it to give you an idea how easy it was..
IMAG0369.jpg
IMAG0364.jpg
IMAG0368.jpg
IMAG0367.jpg
IMAG0366.jpg

Okay so I pulled a big rookie move this week....

I have expressed already that money is tight, so I have been using the drops to Ph my systems. This was all good and fine until about a week ago when I was about to run out of drops. They were the ones that come with the little GH ph kit with a range of 4-9. Well I went to the store and picked up some more drops. They were a diffferent brand and had a larger range of 3-10. I used the little bit that was left in the old drops and then broke out the new ones.

I dont know why I didnt look closer at the color samples on the packaging. For a ph of 6 it is a straight green. The old ones needed to be at a dark yellow. Kinda like pee the morning after drinking. Well needless to say I had my ph at around 5, which we all know is too low.

Additionally, I had stepped up my dosage of the FF Cha Ching as I seen no bad effects, and wasnt seeing the growth that I knew should be there. After a little trouble shooting, I looked at the package that the drops came in, and discovered that my ph was way low. I fixed it and took pics for yesteredays update. In the time that I had transferred pics to my computer, resized, and posted the update, my girls were unhappy. I went out there to check on them and the tips of my leaves were curling down, and starting to burn. I realized that when i increased nutes it didnt have any effect because the ph was off. When I fixed the ph they started drinking again, and were getting burned. I ph'ed a gallon of plain water and threw it in. About an hour later, they were looking good again, and the bright brown from the burns turned dark green/brown. Im only about 2 weeks from harvest, so I think I am fine.

Lesson here I think is for me to slow down a little, pay more attention, and buy the proper testing equipment ASAP. Here is a pic of the nute burn. Im just glad that I was able to catch it before it did any damage.
IMAG0429.jpg

good catch!!

Thank you, I thought so too. It should have never happened in the first place though =). Gonna check online for a cheap PH tester that will hold me for a month or two. I been looking at the little milwakee ones that are online for like $17. figure that should be fine until I get some cash together.

Thanks for stopping by.

yoyoyo Gio, man im glad you got the problem taken care of.... and THAT quick! 2 weeks should go by fast!

thanks for the superskunk stats! im lookn over some right now as we speak.... mmmm they look so damn tastey....:yummy: oo im also reading that theyre easier for beginners! which is perfect! i do have a question though Gio, should i keep the one with 2 branch clone as the mother? i plan on snippn clones off one of em.... what would you do? just lookn for opinions at the moment... heres the thing also... my guy at the disp who gave me the clones said this strain is hard to root... your clones literally doubled in size in 5 days.... hmmmmmmmm :goof: goto give it to ya... is it the super secret sicilian syrup?? :rofl:

i got my ph pen some no name one.... for 16.... maybe i shoulda bought a milwaukee one... looks better made.... man i smoked some hindu kush the other day and i was literally drawin some crazy shit on the floor with my mind man...... crazy.

yoyoyo Gio, man im glad you got the problem taken care of.... and THAT quick! 2 weeks should go by fast!

thanks for the superskunk stats! im lookn over some right now as we speak.... mmmm they look so damn tastey....:yummy: oo im also reading that theyre easier for beginners! which is perfect! i do have a question though Gio, should i keep the one with 2 branch clone as the mother? i plan on snippn clones off one of em.... what would you do? just lookn for opinions at the moment... heres the thing also... my guy at the disp who gave me the clones said this strain is hard to root... your clones literally doubled in size in 5 days.... hmmmmmmmm :goof: goto give it to ya... is it the super secret sicilian syrup?? :rofl:

i got my ph pen some no name one.... for 16.... maybe i shoulda bought a milwaukee one... looks better made.... man i smoked some hindu kush the other day and i was literally drawin some crazy shit on the floor with my mind man...... crazy.

Hey FS whats up brother? I had to suck it up and go spend a $100 for a PH and TDS meters. I am done messing with those drops. It was the cheapest of both that they had, but they are from good companies. The PH meter is a Hanna Checker. The TDS is a Sunleaves. For both testers and calibration solutions for each I guess a hundy isnt too bad. Will definitely be buying better ones down the road, but these will get me by for now.

After checking with the tester, I was at 6.2 - 6.8 PH. I got that fixed, they are all at 6.0 now. The PPM was pretty good. it was about 300 on my mothers and vegging and around 1000 on my veg systems. I am okay with that. I didnt have the cash for an EC meter, but dont need one. All you have to do is a little math...PPM(2)/1000=EC

Now on to the response to your question... First, before I answer it, I assume that by branches, you mean stems? Like it looks like it has been topped? Or do you mean that it has 2 nodes? I think if you are going to mother one of them, you should go for the one with one stem, or the smaller of the 2. You can cut clones off of both of them though. Just let them veg for a few weeks and then cut clones. If you are going to do that here is a video that will help you out...

YouTube - Growing superior medicinal Cannabis with Kendo. Cloning:

You are going to need some rooting gel. Everyone uses Clonex, but I use Replicator. Replicator is from Dutch Masters and is the only rooting gel that has the ability to remove air embolisms. That is when air gets up in the stem and kills the clone. I have taken about 60 clones with it and I am only 20% done with the bottle. It was like $12 or something. Alot of guys use walmart cloning gel, but I cant say how it works. I have about a 90% success rate with the stuff I use. The other thing is to make sure that your medium isnt too dry/wet. I use rock wool and dip it in PH-ed mild nute solution. Then I shake the rock wool to get all of the excess moisture out of it. Whatever you do, DONT PULL THE CLONES OUT TO LOOK AT THEM. Just pick up the rock wool and see if you have roots or not. If you take the clone out you can separate any roots that are in there and the plant will die.

I havent had anyone tell me that I cant post youtube videos, if I am not supposed to, I apologize. I need to find out if that is cool, because I made a few videos that I would like to post. Gonna have to ask a mod. Hope this info helps you out a little. Im gonna do a little research on OG Kush and figure out how to keep them relatively short. I dont want to go over 4 ft. Gonna have to top AND supercrop them to get a good canopy. I just got done topping 5 of my 6 that just went into flower. There was one short one so I left it alone and chopped everything else off at that height. The best looking one has 8 pre-flowers all at the same height, hopefully I can keep them that way. 8 big ass colas would be nice on one plant. :morenutes:

Hey 52, yeah I have come across a few more as well. I think that they are okay, just because the site doesnt host video. I will PM a mod and ask just to be courteous.

I decided to build that genuine aero setup because I need to get more organized and now that I am feeling a little better the extra work isnt too much. I needed to get up and running first, now I can take my time and upgrade the systems. I need to get the yield up.

Thanks for stopping by.

Just wanted to give a quick update...

So I had bought that cheap PH meter (Hanna checker). It turned out to be a piece of shyte. It has to be calibrated w/ 7.0 & 10.0 solutions. It adjusted w/ screws. I have no time for that. I took it back and bought a HM PH pen. the orange and white ones. It was $100 but my chick told me to go buy it. She agrees w/ me that $100 is cheap to save all of the hours that I have in that first grow. I have to see it through and try to maximize yield. Plus its not like Im going to stop growing =).

I got the PH/EC under control now. BTW I gave some bad math for getting EC from TDS, its easier like this... (TDS)(.002) = EC. **This only counts for american TDS meters or ones that use NaCl calibration. There is a different formula for European ones. It sucks that the cheap meters dont do TDS & EC. It uses EC to figure it out anyway, so it seems more logical to display both values. I dont know how true it is but there is alot of documentation to support that TDS measurements are being phased out and only using EC. Im not even sure that anyone besides me is interested in learning some of the science. Im baked like a potato and kinda just typed it.

Im out, gonna go enjoy this new growth that Im seeing since fixing all of the nute/humidity/airflow issues. I figured it would go a little like this on the first grow, but I have two more rounds of the same plants, so I can tune my systems for optimal development, and be good to go.

Okay it is weekly update time...

I think that this week I will make another journal and start putting all of my other plants in it and keeping this one for my oldest grow. That of just wait until this one finishes and then start a new one. Not too sure, what do you guys think?

As I have expressed, this had been a hectic week and the girls have suffered because of it. I had heat, humidity, PH, and nute problems. I got all of that worked out now. Well all except humidity. I had gotten it under control, but now that the rain has come, the RH is getting higher than I would like now. Its up to a pretty constant 65%-70%. There is actually documentation to support that plants can thrive in that range if you can control any possible mold threats. You dont retard photosynthesis until you get higher than 80%.

The issues with the chemical burn doesnt bother me too much. I used to take them to the point where they started to burn then back off the nutes, so that I knew that strains thresholds. I dont do that anymore because it obviously can affect yield and health of the plants.

I see alot of new growth and all of the trics are still completely clear so I think that they should fatten up a little more. I got a little tripped out when all of the pistils turned orange. I guess I will chalk it up to the nute lock last week.

Okay, enough talking, on to the pictures....

Clones...
IMAG0452.jpg
IMAG0454.jpg

New Mothers...
Not too sure how healthy this OG Kush Clone is. To me it looks not so good. Anyone w/ exp. growing this strain please feel free to chime in.

IMAG0450.jpg
IMAG0451.jpg

Day 7 Veg...
These are taking a while to take off since I cut them in late flower. They look like they are starting to switch back over to veg.
IMAG0448.jpg
IMAG0449.jpg

Day 7 Flower...
These were really soft when I put them in the flower room. I got a fan directly on them and they have stiffened up now. A except on has been topped. I will write numbers on the system so that I can refer to them by number from now on.

IMAG0432.jpg
IMAG0433.jpg
IMAG0434.jpg

Day 42 Flower...

IMAG0435.jpg
IMAG0443.jpg
IMAG0436.jpg

IMAG0437.jpg
IMAG0438.jpg
IMAG0439.jpg
IMAG0440.jpg
IMAG0441.jpg
IMAG0442.jpg
IMAG0444.jpg
IMAG0446.jpg
IMAG0447.jpg

Yeah my single Blue Widow and 1 of my Landrace Columbian Gold started showing some brown blotches on the edge and tip of the foliage. Added some CalMag+, works everytime. Just picked up my PPM meter. Growing aero-hydro it's important to keep your PH at around 5.5-5.8, it prevents nute lock-out.
You have an awesome grow going. Love seeing an excellent CFL grow

Yeah my single Blue Widow and 1 of my Landrace Columbian Gold started showing some brown blotches on the edge and tip of the foliage. Added some CalMag+, works everytime. Just picked up my PPM meter. Growing aero-hydro it's important to keep your PH at around 5.5-5.8, it prevents nute lock-out.
You have an awesome grow going. Love seeing an excellent CFL grow

Hey Fader... Thanks for stopping by brother. I too had to go buy meters. I didnt have a TDS and was using drops for the PH.... bad idea =).

I never went and bought CalMg from the last time I had this issue. I stopped spraying them w/ water and they were all good. I dont know wtf is up w/ that OGKush clone. I have looked under a scope and Im not too sure what it is. Gonna chop a leaf and take it down to my guy @ the hydro store and see if he knows. Its isolated to a few leaves and not spreading so it leads me to believe that it is just a characteristic of that plant. Gonna look at a few OGK grows online and see if I see similar appearance. It is a clone only strain, and I know that eventually it will show some mutation, but it seems to be taking off now so it should be fine. A few more weeks and I can chop some clones from it and get setup to grow something good =). Like I have said a few times, I wanted to grow a few rounds of the same plant so that I can get optimal performance out of my system. The second set is looking better than the first ones at this stage. I am just happy that I handled all of the problems in my room, so the next one should be better. I think I will still come out of this first one w/ at least a few oz.

Okay, here are some pics of mid-week for my grows. I am going to be moving everything except the oldest plants to another journal sometime soon so that I can wrap this one up when I harvest. I have been looking at others journals and have seen how to make mine better, so I wanted to hook it up.

Anyway, there isnt anything to exciting going on with the girls. A little more bud mass, and healthy. That is about all that I can ask for, right?

Heres some pics...

Mothers
Actually it is a single mother now. I threw out that hindu kush one. It looked funky and was growing weird leaves from being cloned in late flower. I didnt want to wait for a few weeks for it to grow right. I will just keep one out of the current babies.
IMAG0466.jpg

Day 10 Veg
Again, I got rid of all the ones that were from late flower because of the odd growth. I had some other clones that needed to be put in a pot, so I swapped them out. I set myself back a few days, but will get better growth out of these.
IMAG0464.jpg

Day 10 Flower
They are looking good, or at least I think so. I ended up topping the last remaining plant. It was growing too tall for the other ones. I wanted to keep it uncut to compare it to the others, but would rather have a uniform canopy.
IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg
IMAG0479.jpg

Day 45 Flower
The pistils all turned brown on me, but the trichs are all still clear and I am getting new growth. I think they were effected by the humidity and light leaks more than I thought. Next round will be better. These ones are sticky, stinky, and super dense, so I wont complain too much.
IMAG0467.jpg
IMAG0471.jpg
IMAG0468.jpg
IMAG0469.jpg
IMAG0470.jpg
IMAG0472.jpg
IMAG0473.jpg
IMAG0475.jpg

As always, thanks for stopping by. Its almost harvest time =). It seems like it has been a long time coming.

You grow is really looking awesome. I just love growing aero-hydro.
Plan to pick up that Replicator, if not Clonex. Going to top my 2 of 3 Columbian Gold and my Blue Widow. My first attempt for cloning. Hope it works so I can put all of them into flowering in 2-3 weeks along w/the Mothers. New flowering room is now done, short of hanging some mylar. I read that germinating w/rapid rooter or root plugs work nearly every time. Got seeds that did not take. So when my gals and their clones are flowering, going to try to get that Red Dragon, Bubbledelicious to pop, clone them as well. Take care, got your journal subscribed.

You grow is really looking awesome. I just love growing aero-hydro.
Plan to pick up that Replicator, if not Clonex. Going to top my 2 of 3 Columbian Gold and my Blue Widow. My first attempt for cloning. Hope it works so I can put all of them into flowering in 2-3 weeks along w/the Mothers. New flowering room is now done, short of hanging some mylar. I read that germinating w/rapid rooter or root plugs work nearly every time. Got seeds that did not take. So when my gals and their clones are flowering, going to try to get that Red Dragon, Bubbledelicious to pop, clone them as well. Take care, got your journal sig.

Thanks brother. I forgot how much work it was to get setup and running. Things are finally calming down and coming together. I am going to stop in on your grow to check it out. Been busy lately w/o alot of time to check out other grows.

I have never used the plugs. I only have used Rootech Cloning Gel, Clonex, and Replicator. I can tell you that w/ the replicator, rockwool, and 1/4tsp each of GH flora series nutes, I get above a 90% success rate. I have taken over 100 clones in the last 4 months, and can say that I only remember 3 failing so maybe closer to 95%-97%.

***EDIT: the nutes are of course 1/4tsp each per gallon of water. Just quickly dip the rockwool in the nute bath. You dont want it soaked, that can cause failure. Also if you are so inclined, you can use a heat mat, which will make rooting speed up. If youre not in a hurry they will bust roots w/o alot of warmth, just takes a bit longer.

there is a video up a few posts to check out too. It is super easy and after the first time you will see that its not as technical or difficult as some make it out to be.

Here are pictures from yesterday. I got a few pics of the thrichs too. It was kinda easy once I figured out where to position the cam on the scope. I think that I am going to buy one of the USB microscopes that they have. Seems alot easier to look at it on a computer screen. I have a computer that is dedicated to my grow room anyway, so I might as well.

The younger plants have been moved to another journal. It is in my signature if you want to check it out.

Day 49 Flower...
IMAG0483.jpg
IMAG0486.jpg
IMAG0488.jpg

IMAG0487.jpg
IMAG0494.jpg

IMAG0493.jpg
IMAG0499.jpg
IMAG0500.jpg
IMAG0503.jpg
IMAG0504.jpg
IMAG0507.jpg
IMAG0506.jpg
IMAG0505.jpg
IMAG0508.jpg

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg
IMAG0511.jpg
IMAG0512.jpg
IMAG0513.jpg
IMAG0514.jpg

IMAG0496.jpg
IMAG0502.jpg

damn Gio, im excited for my results with this reflector now :blunt:
im not sure i can grow sumn like this yet, but damn it give me higher hopes haha!
sick flics with the trichs mayne that looks way too professional! :goodjob:
so hids next?

Thanks F/S I was having a hard time squinting into the scope, so I made a bracket that fits onto the scope and my phone. I just look at them on the screen. Going to buy a USB scope. Theres a laptop out in the garage so I might as well start trying to use it for something other than surfing the net.

These reflectors work pretty well for what they are. It is something cheap and pretty good to get going. All stepping stones to a better garden.

speakn of scope i saw some cool microscopes for the iphones on gizmodo... pretty legit that thing ZOOMZ! i think im gona pick up what u got for now.... its better than nothing and its cheap im thinking.....
Yup steppn stones i hear ya... the reflector will be around in the family for a while i can already tell... keeps plants short and bushy =] puts out hella lumens considering theyre cfls.
thanks Gio. youve been more than help bro. :thanks:

Re: Home made Aero- Hindu Hash - CFL grow.

Here are some pics yesterday after a foliar feeding...

33days1.jpg

33daysB1.jpg

34days.jpg

Here are some of the pics from today..
34daysB.jpg

Here is the stem rot that I had on my runt. Any suggestions for fixing that would be great.

stem_rot.jpg

stem_rot2.jpg

I have to wait for the hydro store to open tomorrow so that I can get a propagation tray and some rooting gel. Time to take some babies so I can flower these girls.

Look at the rock wool grow cube. It is soaked. I experienced this as well. It helped me to move past low pressure and on to HPA.

Back
Top Bottom