First Grow with LEDs & T5s

supermotojoe

these are sum pics for all of u who have doubts about LEDs. the pics below are of a few plants i have growing under (3) 50w LEDs & (2) T5 flourescent lights on the sides for fill light. the photos were taken 4 weeks into flowering. i have never grown anything before, so any constructive criticism would be appreciated. thanks :Rasta:

MBY06.jpg

MBY05.jpg

MBY04.jpg

MBY03.jpg

MBY02.jpg

MBY01.jpg

How high above the plants are the LEDS... Will you take some pics of the whole plant, I want to see how she looks.. Did you ever just use the LEDS only or always the both of them? They are looking good. :peace:

How high above the plants are the LEDS... Will you take some pics of the whole plant, I want to see how she looks.. Did you ever just use the LEDS only or always the both of them? They are looking good. :peace:

i keep the LEDs 10"-12" above the plants. i used just LEDs during the vegetative period and added the T5s for fill light once i switched to flowering. here is a pic of the largest plant. it measures 42" tall x 30"wide

MBY07.jpg

Plants look awesome man! Great for a first grow, they look very healthy.
It seems like i recognize that plant. What strain might that be?

I want to see your LEDs- are they panels or spots? where did they come from? how much were they? how long did you veg?

I love the concept of LED's, but had poor results with the ones I tried.

Plants look awesome man! Great for a first grow, they look very healthy.
It seems like i recognize that plant. What strain might that be?

honestly i have no idea. but im callin it Mikes Backyard... since thats where it originated :ganjamon: its seriously just sum bagseed. i wasnt too concerned with the strain i was using just yet. i had never grown before, so i figured id start with bagseed and learn the basics first. that way if i screwed up and they died, i wouldnt be out a bunch of $$$.

I want to see your LEDs- are they panels or spots? where did they come from? how much were they? how long did you veg?

I love the concept of LED's, but had poor results with the ones I tried.

they are panels. here are the ones i bought from HTGsupply.com : High Tech Garden Supply

they have gone up in price since i bought them. i paid $114 for mine. i think they work extremely well for someone who is wanting to grow in small places where too much heat can be a factor. my space is 42" wide x 28" deep x 54" tall.

It sure doesn't look like you are getting much LED penetration to the mid and lower part of the plant.. I can't take a pic of my LED plants without the whole pic being pink even with the bathroom light on.... Do you have any pics of them when they were under just LED in veg?? Sorry to keep buggin, just trying to dial in the whole LED thing...Did you have any problems with stretching or anything?:peace:

It sure doesn't look like you are getting much LED penetration to the mid and lower part of the plant.. I can't take a pic of my LED plants without the whole pic being pink even with the bathroom light on.... Do you have any pics of them when they were under just LED in veg?? Sorry to keep buggin, just trying to dial in the whole LED thing...Did you have any problems with stretching or anything?:peace:

there is no middle to the plant anymore. it was chopped off when i salvaged it from my buddys backyard. long story... needless to say this plant has been to hell and back. now she is doin pretty good all things concidered. look at the pic and u can see it branched off in 4 different directions and thats why it looks empty in the middle. no pics during VEG stage. sorry.

weed_0021.jpg

they are panels. here are the ones i bought from HTGsupply.com : High Tech Garden Supply

they have gone up in price since i bought them. i paid $114 for mine. i think they work extremely well for someone who is wanting to grow in small places where too much heat can be a factor. my space is 42" wide x 28" deep x 54" tall.

I was using the original ones- excellent to see that the new ones are doing better... but I really like my T5's...

wow man. for a first grow that is great bro! I may have to look into these panels.

So u used them for both veg and flowering? Interesting.

wow man. for a first grow that is great bro! I may have to look into these panels.

So u used them for both veg and flowering? Interesting.

yes. vegged on LEDs and then added the T5s when i switched to 12/12 .

here are sum more updated pics. this is the 7th week of flowering:

wk_7_010.jpg

wk_7_006.jpg

wk_7_011.jpg

wk_7_019.jpg

wk_7_016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom