First grow LST - Topping results - Feedback please!

MurryJuana

I've been growing this plant from seed for a good Month, 9ts the strongest of my bunch so I've decided to start training LST and Topping, I also trimmed the lower Fan Leaves, so the new shoots that have been growing could get more light...
20160224_123641.jpg
20160224_123619.jpg

Now I'm kind of lost in what to do net concerning the new shoots, should I Top or FIM these new shoots as well, or leave them? What's going to come of them...what should I do.

I also Topped the main stem, the information I've read told me I should result in 4 new colas, but I ended with 3, I GUESS this is a good thing?
20160224_124151.jpg
The plant has been withstanding All methods very strongly!! I am glad...it would devastate me if she started getting ill

OH!! Check this out, how many Leaves to you see? This is a cool mutation I've only read in the books...
20160224_124106.jpg

Hope I'm doing good for my first grow...

How do you figure a clone sex, also, wouldn't I k ow already from the main plant? But I'm not ready to Flower yet

Taking a Clone means you take a branch of your plant that has 2 to 3 nodes..I think..check into it,then you put it in some rooting gel and put it in dirt or water..put it on 12hrs day 12hrs night and in about 1 week or 2 it should show you the sex..I'm not saying that I'm right but it's something like that..and for the LST'ing, looks like your doing it right,and you can top as many times as you want..the more times you top the more Colas you get..have you ever heard of FIM..that's what I did to my girl..and as she was growing I would pull all the branches out away from the stock so the light could get in there..it's pretty much up to you what you want to do,as long as your in veg..it looks good and healthy keep up the good work..how many weeks has it been in veg

@Greenthumb42 I think I'm going to wait a few more weeks, I don't think in have much longer beforeit starts showing the sex, I doubt it's a male tho...Males go super quick and taller.
As for FIMing, I have started the process to two of my plants, I'm waiting to see the results...
But u are saying it's safe for me to Top/FIM the new shoots from the stem?

I have three new colas from my Topped site
20160224_124151.jpg

It wont show sex until you flip the light schedule to bloom schedule and then you wont know for about a week or more depending how good the grow is going.

Some people like to take a clone and start blooming it to try and find the sex while growing the main plant longer.

I prefer to grow the plant how I want and during a later lollipoping activity right before I switch to bloom I clone some of the stuff I remove. then a week later I know if the clones are worth keeping. Both methods are correct.

I recommend if you are training and topping (well I recommend this period) that you consider adding a silica additive to strengthen the cell walls and overall plant health. Every major manf. of fertilizer products for cannabis makes one. It is very alkaline so I use it as my up when pHing my water and the plants get a little often enough.

:goodluck:

I just started the LST on my Plants Last night and the result the morning was good they responded well and have already started branching out will post pics a bit later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using 420

Well I do have one correction...If you have an auto flowering plant it will show sex on you when it wants to. But if you are a newb you should steer clear of those. They have very complex needs and you can't make mistakes at all without seriously impacting yield. Regulars you can beat to shit and still make a pound a plant indoors.

So I have no idea if my play is an auto flower how do u tell?I did put my plants into A flower state for about a 10 days to find sex then found out it isn't really a good idea to do that put them back in to veg 24hr and a day later they showed sex took the male out and put it in outdoor green house my females r showing sex and gradually getting more defined so I guess my question is did I screw up and my plants r ganna not return to full veg for the next 2 1/2 weeks before I flower or do u think I will be ok?

the only way to know what you have is to by them from a seed bank. If you are growing bag seed then you are likely growing hermi seed and good luck. Most people do fine.

If you bought the seeds from a seed banks then you should know what you have. they are labeld as Regular or Femmenized, or Autoflowering (Autos) or Auto Fems.

Auto-flowering comes from a goofy side branch of cannabis that isn't very potent but savvy breeders have mixed it with potent strains to make the potent strains work like them. They are not directly Indica or Sativa they are a side branch called Rudder Rails that developed in extreme northerly conditions. These had to grow in light conditions that had 20 hour days or more and very short summers. So the plants developed the ability to flower under full sun and finish quickly.

Modern autos will flower under 24 hour light and will be done in a very short time. people have to do tricks to get them to grow big. They ma start blooming very fast. Like all cannabis once in bloom many things change and you can't fix certain things if they fail. For example mid bloom the roots stop growing. the above ground plant size is directly based on the root mass. so you can do a few things to improve on this but basically when the roots stop growing the plant size is defined. The above ground plant is not done but the max size is set.

So if you do something that causes it to start bloom early which is easy to do with any stress on an auto you are reducing yield.

Another thing is the nute requirements are different. I have only seen one company attempt to sell and auto flowering nute program. But the thing is you are not in control of when it flowers so you need to be aware and ready to get the right ratio of nutes in there when things happen out of your control. This is why it is best to run them indoors in a soilless or hydro setup.

There are other complications...but the real deal is a regular seed you can train and stress and mess up the pH and burn the plant with too high of nutes or run the Humidty down and stunt growth or run the temps up and burn it...and all of that is easily repairable and you fix it and get things right and then bloom it and all will be good. If you do any of that to an auto it likely will immediately flower and you have lost some yield potential.

Since I personally think newbs should start in soil and I don't think soil is an optimal way to run autos and in fact can be very bad I think newbs should steer clear of autos until they get a handle on things.

That is just my opinion and I am an idiot.

If cannabis were cars...Auto flowering plants are high end sports cars. You don't give the keys of a Ferrari to a 16 year old. Those are reserved for a 40 year old with a load of driving experience and a mid life crisis happening.

Cool my seeds came from a guy who grows for a few rec & mmj shops in downtown Denver he is the one who have me the seeds so they r not bag seed but I didn't get a specification of what they were just strain so idk I do have a couple of hairs but just a few vary fine hairs so idk

If a reputable grow handed them to you then likely they are regular seeds. he would have told you if they were fems or autos as those are "special" and typically cost more. That doesn't mean better just more expensive.

Yea I've always delt with him and known him a long time I do agree he probably would have said something

Back
Top Bottom