First grow - need help

roukounasz

hey guys im planing for my first grow...
i want to plant 5 plants ''lowryder 2'' in a loft that is 1.20 height

Can i grow in 1,20 height?

I want to buy my equipment from hydroponics.eu because it behalf me for many reasons... what lamps i must buy cfl or hps? and how many wats needed for five plants? i have heard that cfl are better for short plants but i want to use hps because the pack behalf because it include easy kit and timer .. and i dont see if you can connect a timer to cfl lamps and how

what nuts and soil i must use?

what also i need standard for this grow?

Basically i wanted to buy the complete pack from hydroponics.eu but im not sure if this things that include are ok?
IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME JUST POST ME THE THINGS I MUST BUY PREFER FROM HYDROPONICS.EU
SORRY IF IM NOT LUCID BUT IM A BEGINNER

if anyone have anything better suggestion of a site i can buy my supplie tell it.. but i want more the hydroponics

:thumb:

I hope you are talking meters and not feet? :peace:

welcome to 420 Magazine =)

wizhigh gave a great link with a ton of data to read that will help.

one small hint, if your attic growing in winter in europe...just make sure your not the only house with no snow on the roof :rofl:

im not sure what method you plan to grow, more than likely hydro by the sound of it.

but with the perameters you specified i would go with;

3l air pots, organic soil and foods, 250w HPS with a couple of blue (6500k) cfls to aid in veg stage.

cfls can get timed the same way as a hps. a timer in the plug socket to an extention lead to all your lights. but you probably want to get a contactor (timer with 2 plugs, 1 for timer and 1 for the high power to the lights)

your main concerns will be monitoring and controling tempratures, humidity and soil/water PH so be sure to buy equipment for that.

a wrong PH can do more harm than the wrong lights in most cases so invest in the science bit more than in high powered lights and foods.

a low powered HPS like that 250 will be perfect for a small amount of short plants and will really keep your grow height down =)

i mean somth like attic .. it is roofed
can you suggest me an online shop?
welcome to 420 Magazine =)

wizhigh gave a great link with a ton of data to read that will help.

one small hint, if your attic growing in winter in europe...just make sure your not the only house with no snow on the roof :rofl:

im not sure what method you plan to grow, more than likely hydro by the sound of it.

but with the perameters you specified i would go with;

3l air pots, organic soil and foods, 250w HPS with a couple of blue (6500k) cfls to aid in veg stage.

cfls can get timed the same way as a hps. a timer in the plug socket to an extention lead to all your lights. but you probably want to get a contactor (timer with 2 plugs, 1 for timer and 1 for the high power to the lights)

your main concerns will be monitoring and controling tempratures, humidity and soil/water PH so be sure to buy equipment for that.

a wrong PH can do more harm than the wrong lights in most cases so invest in the science bit more than in high powered lights and foods.

a low powered HPS like that 250 will be perfect for a small amount of short plants and will really keep your grow height down =)

i mean somth like attic .. it is roofed
can you suggest me an online shop?

not really. i have used a few different random shops that use e bay as an outlet and a few sponsors that ship to europe. i suggest browsing our sponsors and searching the web by item type to find a good source for it.

sorry i cant be more help on shopping, im still learning who to buy from myself ;)

GEDC00036.JPG

not really. i have used a few different random shops that use e bay as an outlet and a few sponsors that ship to europe. i suggest browsing our sponsors and searching the web by item type to find a good source for it.

sorry i cant be more help on shopping, im still learning who to buy from myself ;)

The bay is a good place to buy from, as for growing with HPS, YES! get HPS ballast/light hood but go with a CMH bulb. the thing is the CMH only goes up to 400w and make sure the bulb works horizontal if you go with this. CMH bulbs are good for veg and flower. But if you rather just use CMH for veg and still get a HPS bulb for flower than you can do that also. Both runs off a sodium (HPS) ballast. CMH bulbs are $40 and you can get a cheap HPS bulb as well for $20.

there is also what I think is a new class of CMH, they may have been around for ages as far as i know, but people dont talk about them.

they are to CFLS as the retro is to hps. they look exactly like cfl spotlights and i think they are even eddison screw, i have a real good feeling about those especially as you can order in a selection of 'focuses', i,e narrow beam or a wide beam, sounds like we can get sexy penetration from a cfl sized bulb!

Back
Top Bottom