First grow, what do you think so far?

SnappyItalian

This is our first grow and I was just wondering if it looks like it is growing as it should. It is 30 days old now. We put it outside during the day and bring it in at night. What do you think?

DAY_30_2_.JPG

30 days is quite slow for this size. Starting from seed this should be around 10-15 days. Feeding it with nutrients can help grow faster. Have you thought about creating a small space inside to run this plant with some artificial light? If you can put them outside leave it out but then again the season is over for veg and might be too cold which could stunt growth during the day...

We planted it in an organic soil mix for herbs. We were feeding it with Miracle Gro for house plants - 8-7-6, until we noticed the stem was turning purple and I went looking on site and saw that a lot of people say not to use Mircle Gro. Our out door temps have been 65-70 day and 35-45 nights, which is why we bring it in at night. While it is in we use a grow light that we purchased at Walmart. We are in a RV so space and power is limited. We have noticed a brown area at the base of the plant that looks a little smaller then the rest of the stem but it seems to be repairing its self.

base_of_plant.JPG

Yes, but it's not worth the time and energy.

Do you have another seed? Start with a new seed in rich organic soil like Fox Farm Ocean Forest or go with soilless like Coco Coir or Perlite and Vermiculite mix you're plant will thrive. Using good nutrients and not Miracle Grow will help greatly. Plant will finish from seed in 3-4 months a little more or less depend on veg time.

If you don't have new seed try transplanting into a bigger pot, ditch the Miracle Grow get some nute for Cannabis and see how that help. You can stick to the current organic soil mix if you like, and upgrade that later or keep it if the soil is not part of the problem.

Hey snappy...so I understand you have had it outside for now....how do you intend to grow this girl like in a couple of weeks?....especially in an RV?......not sure any of this makes much sense....you've got like 12 weeks left still.....and it's getting cold my man...I don't see this turning out at all...sorry...:peace:

We do have other seeds but, I believe we will wait till spring to do anything with them. Like y'all are sayin' it is a bit late in the season and our chances of getting one to take off good now would more then likely fail. We will however keep babying this one and hope that just maybe we can get something from it. We will put in the window until the sun moves across then we will put it under a light for awhile. Thanks again for all your thoughts and ideas. We will still post pics as it "hopefully" grows more. It may take longer but we hope that it does us good.

Ok these guys are scaring you. You can still grow that one even in an RV. Your just gonna have to deal with smell. Anyways go to Safeway and buy some CFL's 200 watt daylight bulbs. Then top her at about 4-5 nodes new branch spots.You can do a whole cycle with cfl's and being in an RV they take less power. Just keep her short.
Good Luck!

Thanks. we have just gone into flowering 11 day ago. its looking pritty good. will post a new pic soon. you are right about, its unreal that one plant can put out so much smell.

What may seem like a waste of time to one may end up being a joy to another. I don't think it's a waste. Yeah it may be a little behind but at least it is not dead!!!!! Kinda the glass half empty sorta thing. I for one want to see the finished results. So if you still plan to keep at it, please post pics.

SI---well that is definitely an improvement from the first pic you posted. It still looks healthy. Have you thought about topping it? :goodjob:

Thanks. We are not sure about topping it. It is our first grow so, we are a bit nervous about doing anything to it. We hear about pants becoming a hermaphrodite.

Back
Top Bottom