First Harvest Question

Jay T Trichomes

Hello all! So I chopped down 3 of my autoflowers 48 hours ago and left them in a dark room. So while cutting and getting my buds ready for dry time, I noticed that on some of the bigger buds there seems to be parts of the bud that are a lighter color than the rest of the bud. Only seemed to happen to the part of the bud that was in the center of the plant or squished together. These autos were literally bushes. So my thoughts tell me this is from not getting the same amount of light and airflow as the tops of those buds. Just wanted to hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance for any help.
25C81563-5DD6-4818-BF5B-E69A1F26954C.jpeg
C35CAAE9-4BA2-48FB-B580-1C7ABC748764.jpeg
D9FECD09-A4EA-421F-AFCB-1CC5D9C019B3.jpeg
F16938AF-444D-4D87-8D2C-E332E35A8609.jpeg

You're right-that's from them not getting the strong light-they appear to be
covered in trichomes,though,so they'll smoke just fine...
Sometimes the lower popcorn buds will look like that,because there's not
much light down there.

You're right-that's from them not getting the strong light-they appear to be
covered in trichomes,though,so they'll smoke just fine...
Sometimes the lower popcorn buds will look like that,because there's not
much light down there.
Thanks Carcass! Appreciate you always chiming In. It is my first harvest so just want to learn as much as I can throughout the process. :thumb:

By the looks of your plants and your harvest,you've learned well !:goodjob:
So what's your plan for your second grow?

Well funny you should ask! I currently have these 2 tents going. My 4 x 8 tent has green crack under the scrog net. ( left side ) And I have a few Tropicana’s and bubba kush. ( Right side ). This tent has 1100watts of quantum boards with a meanwell 480 driver. In the other tent I have Wedding Cake under 2 bestva 1200 watt. They are actually pulling about 550 watts from the wall. This was actually my veg tent but in typical fashion I wanted more room so I built a closet veg. The hobby has got me in her grasp!
0C844994-6E04-4D45-863C-C178EBD12C2B.jpeg
D0B2DDFD-82FC-4BE9-884E-AD17DE9F7E6C.jpeg
0488D49F-4981-417E-B26D-22F8A890290F.jpeg
46EF9F3B-88C4-495F-BC66-61407115084B.jpeg
0B176B47-DB6F-4F19-97C4-1F3C78BE4194.jpeg
0031F3CD-40BB-4072-B964-9CBCD9690682.jpeg
9D49680B-766F-404C-8C9C-5C806D4C5CAB.jpeg
7E81CA71-44E7-4E72-9B48-1474462F1459.jpeg
B7096E18-75A7-490F-820D-29B3567E9F6F.jpeg

The hobby has got me in her grasp!
Ain't that the truth-It's got a way of doing that!
You've got not 1 but 2 sweet setups!....damn,my wife would literraly $hit a brick if I brought a 4x8 into the house!
I'm hoping to have a 4x4 and a second light by my next grow,but that will be about my limit...
Looks to me like you're a natural at this stuff-Beautiful plants !:goodjob:

Those Tropicanas are some big girls-Looks like that one is gonna reach up and grab that light...
and the rest of them are just beautiful...:bravo:That green thumb is definitely working for you!

Those Tropicanas are some big girls-Looks like that one is gonna reach up and grab that light...
and the rest of them are just beautiful...:bravo:That green thumb is definitely working for you!
Thanks Carcass!! It’s been going great but today I noticed a few fungus gnats. So am going to water with some neem oil and set a few sticky traps.

Hello all! So I chopped down 3 of my autoflowers 48 hours ago and left them in a dark room. So while cutting and getting my buds ready for dry time, I noticed that on some of the bigger buds there seems to be parts of the bud that are a lighter color than the rest of the bud. Only seemed to happen to the part of the bud that was in the center of the plant or squished together. These autos were literally bushes. So my thoughts tell me this is from not getting the same amount of light and airflow as the tops of those buds. Just wanted to hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance for any help.
Totally normal. I thought they would be less potent the first time had them as well. Ended up giving about 30 g to my sister that time and all the pale bud and even scraggly pale undergrowth all was just as great as the tops. I'll never forget as my brother law decided to try that thinking it would not be potent and because it was a hash plant indica It totally wrecked him and couch locked him in the chair for over 3 hours. Love it. He liked it too but totally surprised us all. Bag appeal is not the best but... damn.... I'll never forget. Hahah

Thanks Carcass! Appreciate you always chiming In. It is my first harvest so just want to learn as much as I can throughout the process. :thumb:

i just had the same thing. i thought it was mold...
it dryed but maintained a lime green appearance. smoked fine.
i think no light penetration caused it, buds werent getting light so plant didnt make chloryphll in those buds? or less of it?

something like that, it was the first time i had seen it, but first time id had a plant that bushy

Man these ladies just keep getting fatter and fatter!
And prettier and prettier...those are some great looking plants, J.T.and
about as healthy as a crop can be:welldone:

Back
Top Bottom