First leaves are turning yellow

longjon18

Hello everyone, this is my first grow and my plant is about a month old now, and its been going good until I noticed the first leaves are yellowing, I am growing in organic soil (roots organic, just the green bag) with super soil at the bottom 1/3 of the 5 gallon pot. I haven’t been feeding her any other nutrients. The last time I watered was 5 days ago and I just started a bit of lst

Thank you in advance

4FF4183E-28F3-4A71-8E18-E3FF7D24A454.jpeg

9C04C069-6116-4390-95D5-A1EBFB5F6888.jpeg

43495AD3-C7E8-4AAA-936E-0064D8E56D82.jpeg

663F7563-8E5F-4CE6-BC5F-4E4D6F83A6B5.jpeg

Looking good.
Regular soil usually needs supplemental p & k to get through flowering. To me it looks like she has started searching for nutrients and is taking from the leaves.
Someone that grows organically will probably recommend something to help through this phase. Next year I hope to grow organically.

Hello everyone, this is my first grow and my plant is about a month old now, and its been going good until I noticed the first leaves are yellowing, I am growing in organic soil (roots organic, just the green bag) with super soil at the bottom 1/3 of the 5 gallon pot. I haven’t been feeding her any other nutrients. The last time I watered was 5 days ago and I just started a bit of lst

Thank you in advance

4FF4183E-28F3-4A71-8E18-E3FF7D24A454.jpeg

9C04C069-6116-4390-95D5-A1EBFB5F6888.jpeg

43495AD3-C7E8-4AAA-936E-0064D8E56D82.jpeg

663F7563-8E5F-4CE6-BC5F-4E4D6F83A6B5.jpeg
Hello @longjon18 hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine.
Great looking girl you have going.
You did well to keep those single blade baby leaves alive that long.
The plant usually uses them up as a seedling.
The rest of her looks great, nice color. I wouldn't panic.
I'd have nutrients ready just incase she needs some help.
Happy growing.
Bill

I may be mistaken, but in the last picture the leaf looked to be a cotyledon, which is not even a leaf. It's a growth that hangs around for a while helping to feed the plant until the regular leaves developed and take over that chore via photosynthesis. Your plants look good and it's obvious you are taken good care of those beauties.
Spark up

I may be mistaken, but in the last picture the leaf looked to be a cotyledon, which is not even a leaf. It's a growth that hangs around for a while helping to feed the plant until the regular leaves developed and take over that chore via photosynthesis. Your plants look good and it's obvious you are taken good care of those beauties.
Spark up
Welcome to 420magazine.
Happy growing.
Bill
Looking good.
Regular soil usually needs supplemental p & k to get through flowering. To me it looks like she has started searching for nutrients and is taking from the leaves.
Someone that grows organically will probably recommend something to help through this phase. Next year I hope to grow organically.
To my eye it's looks good, the only yellowing I could see was the very first single blade leaf and that's normal.
Going well. :thumb:

thank you everyone for the help/advice I really appreciate it

Welcome to 420magazine.
Happy growing.
Bill
I have cal mag for deficiencies, and the general hydroponics line of nutrients. Should I use some of the cal mag? I noticed though my soil is a little higher ph around the 7-8 mark, closer to 8, I don’t know if thats caused by the super soil(living soil) at the bottom or what. But could the higher ph be the problem/ a problem? If so how would I go about fixing it. Thank you in advanced

Back
Top Bottom