First outdoor grow

God I hope so. I have a buddy that has grown in about 7 states. He says that you generally lose about half to disease or hermie or pests. That would give me about 3 or 4 to harvest. At an advertised yield of over 2 lbs ea. Even half of that would be awesome.
It sounds like your buddy didn't master outdoor growing or he didn't figure the right genetics for the climate. In my grows 100% seedlings survive the transplant, pests are never a problem, mold eats away up to 5% of the buds, and usually in late finishing strains only, bud worms activity stays minimal, and hermies happen to me very rarely... but I grow LOS/High Brix style.

It sounds like your buddy didn't master outdoor growing or he didn't figure the right genetics for the climate. In my grows 100% seedlings survive the transplant, pests are never a problem, mold eats away up to 5% of the buds, and usually in late finishing strains only, bud worms activity stays minimal, and hermies happen to me very rarely... but I grow LOS/High Brix style.
Your probably spot on with the genetics for the climate part. As far as pests I include rabbits and deer in that category. Plus my buddy is the type of guy that wants to water and fertilize, and that's about it. I hope I don't lose half.

Well unless you buy feminized seeds its rare to not get around half males its how they propagate with pollen and all that stuff to carry on their genetics. You have to grow them to maturity only to find non bud bearing males so it feels like losing something even though it is male from the start.

Sent from my Z959 using 420

20160529_135655.jpg
20160529_135649.jpg
20160529_135640.jpg

2 days into their transplant. So far they for the most part look pretty happy. I have a few leaning over at the tops but I think that is due to the soil drying out. I am going to give a good watering this evening since I use a sprinkler system for the entire garden and I don't want to burn them up by sprinkling during the heat of the day. If I'm wrong about this being because the soil has dried up too much please let me know what you think it may be.

Could be today were hitting 80 for the first time and two of mine were starting to taco so i put a window screen over them again to give them some rest here is heat stress
a646e0e1d5083548691645ceb1da19d4.jpg
b5e571a58a1b83d71716b577a0e81fbe.jpg
how did you transplant them?

Could be today were hitting 80 for the first time and two of mine were starting to taco so i put a window screen over them again to give them some rest here is heat stress
a646e0e1d5083548691645ceb1da19d4.jpg
b5e571a58a1b83d71716b577a0e81fbe.jpg
how did you transplant them?

Hardened them off then dug a hole twice the size of the pot. Placed them in and then packed soil around.

I just asked because i was wondering if you wet the hole first if not it could have wicked the water out drying out the roots

Im no expert but wait until they barely droop to water. Also I like to plant them in like a crater instead of a mound so the crater holds water and nutes better. Instead of running off.
Yeah I wait till they're dried out 3 inches down and then I water but I like your idea of the crater

Back
Top Bottom