First Scrog Attempt

K3nji

Hello Fellow Growers! Im only on my 3rd run and decided to try out a trellis net in my 4×2. The plants are about 8 weeks old and lookin good. I was going to flip to flower in about 4 days because I think the "stretch phase" will fill in the rest of the trellis squares. Any thoughts or advice would be helpful. Thanks
20210225_164527.jpg
20210225_164540.jpg
20210225_164545.jpg

Hello Fellow Growers! Im only on my 3rd run and decided to try out a trellis net in my 4×2. The plants are about 8 weeks old and lookin good. I was going to flip to flower in about 4 days because I think the "stretch phase" will fill in the rest of the trellis squares. Any thoughts or advice would be helpful. Thanks
20210225_164527.jpg
20210225_164540.jpg
20210225_164545.jpg
I’m no SCROG expert but that looks like a real good job to me.

Perhaps I’m off-base, but wouldn’t it pay to allow a bit more growth before flip?

Like I said, no SCROG expert, but my kneejerk thought is you’ll get more yield if you let it fill in just a teensy bit more.

On other hand, 4 days may be enough, if they’re growing fast enough...

I’m no SCROG expert but that looks like a real good job to me.

Perhaps I’m off-base, but wouldn’t it pay to allow a bit more growth before flip?

Like I said, no SCROG expert, but my kneejerk thought is you’ll get more yield if you let it fill in just a teensy bit more.

On other hand, 4 days may be enough, if they’re growing fast enough...
You may be right. My only concern is I dont want them to stretch too high towards the lights and get burned. If I can use some of the stretch to grow them horizontally that will fill in the net and save me from running out of room vertically. I appreciate your feedback.

You may be right. My only concern is I dont want them to stretch too high towards the lights and get burned. If I can use some of the stretch to grow them horizontally that will fill in the net and save me from running out of room vertically. I appreciate your feedback.
How much room do you have before they get too close to the light? What type of light?

Welcome @K3nji :welcome:

For me, it depends on the strain, a sativa, yeah I'd throw her in flower and use the stretch to tuck and weave...An Indica, I continuously top for more bud spots and use those to fill it in :goodluck:

Hi K3nji, you did well! If it was mine I'd flip any day now because of the room to the light. Plants can stretch quite a bit. You have one foot before the grow gets within a foot of the light? That will fill in fast. Welcome and well done!
Thank you VERY much! I agree with you. Im going to give them 3 more days and flip the tent. Appreciate your input

I have about 24 inches to the top. Electric Sky 300....the lowest "recommended" flower height is 12 inches for the light.
If you train the new growth so it’s attached to the net, simply to fill in gaps and harvest more light, you will still have the same amount of room for stretch.

Although some folks consider this undesirable for reasons I am not 100% clear about, another option is supercropping the branches to keep the colas from getting too close to the light.

It’s true that branches tend to get harder and easier to break in flower (in my experience) but if you squeeze and wiggle carefully, it’s still doable.

I’ve done this myself to avoid having outdoor plants grow taller than my fence and to keep them from hitting the top of my hoophouse. Worked fine.

However, there may be reasons it’s different under a light that I’m unaware of.

Back
Top Bottom