First time grow 4 weeks into flower

MysticPuff

420 Member
Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a fantastic start to their weekend. I'm a first time grower about 4 weeks into flower with my girls. It has been quite the journey to get here acompined with alot of learning lessons/issues on the way lol. I've learned tons in this process and am excited for my next grow.. but for now I'm curious about bud size 4 weeks in.. I feel they are growing bigger but not where I'd like them to be. Lots of white hairs still so I know these is still lots of time to go, when is the average time the buds start packing on some weight? They are growing dense not airy at all. Smells great and enough tricomes that it makes ya wanna lick the leaves lol. I will continue to post the progress on my first 2 girls in flower! I just really hope these girls fatten up over the next weeks coming!

Attachments

• 20180907_230021.jpg
    20180907_230021.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • 20180907_122157.jpg
    20180907_122157.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 20180907_122143.jpg
    20180907_122143.jpg
    931.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20180905_234535.jpg
    20180905_234535.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
  • 20180907_230003.jpg
    20180907_230003.jpg
    834.9 KB · Views: 124
Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a fantastic start to their weekend. I'm a first time grower about 4 weeks into flower with my girls. It has been quite the journey to get here acompined with alot of learning lessons/issues on the way lol. I've learned tons in this process and am excited for my next grow.. but for now I'm curious about bud size 4 weeks in.. I feel they are growing bigger but not where I'd like them to be. Lots of white hairs still so I know these is still lots of time to go, when is the average time the buds start packing on some weight? They are growing dense not airy at all. Smells great and enough tricomes that it makes ya wanna lick the leaves lol. I will continue to post the progress on my first 2 girls in flower! I just really hope these girls fatten up over the next weeks coming!
Those don't look very healthy.
The leaves are tacoing and they seem under watered.
Please share with us what you're feeding them,how often you're feeding them and at what strength your nutes are.
How often do you water them?
How strong is the light you're using,too much like can be a bad thing.

Sorry I should of said the plants got nitrogen toxicity way back and curled on me and turned dark green. It hasn't gotten any worse sense. Took about a week for them to bounce back.
I'm watering once a week maybe, I water by feel of the pot weight. I'm using remo nutrients and going by what they say on the container. I'm running a mars hydro 600w LED light as of now

Those don't look very healthy.
The leaves are tacoing and they seem under watered.
Please share with us what you're feeding them,how often you're feeding them and at what strength your nutes are.
How often do you water them?
How strong is the light you're using,too much like can be a bad thing.

Also I was over watering alot in the beginning stages as I didnt have a clue what I was doing. These curled leaves have been there just before the flowering stages as I didnt know i was suppose to stop the grow food. From what I read online it says the leaves do not uncurl once this happens.

Here are some pictures of my ones coming up now just to show you that I know what I'm doing somewhat now. Lol my big girls I feel are a result in learning the process and making mistakes.

Attachments

• 20180905_125229.jpg
    20180905_125229.jpg
    971.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20180904_223656.jpg
    20180904_223656.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 20180903_170625.jpg
    20180903_170625.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 92
I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. As long as you've flushed out the previous nutes and given them the appropriate amount of flower nutes things should be ok. The leaves will still absorb light. The bud formation looks really good though. That's nice for 4 weeks. Looks like the plants are a healthy size also :)

welcome to :420:

Sorry I should of said the plants got nitrogen toxicity way back and curled on me and turned dark green. It hasn't gotten any worse sense. Took about a week for them to bounce back.
I'm watering once a week maybe, I water by feel of the pot weight. I'm using remo nutrients and going by what they say on the container. I'm running a mars hydro 600w LED light as of now
:welcome:
I look forward to following along...

Yup, I was gonna mention that clawing.... adjust N and you should have enough time for them to bounce back for a healthy harvest.

Last 3-4 weeks are when you'll see them really plump up.

Green days!
:passitleft:

:welcome:
I look forward to following along...

Yup, I was gonna mention that clawing.... adjust N and you should have enough time for them to bounce back for a healthy harvest.

Last 3-4 weeks are when you'll see them really plump up.

Green days!
:passitleft:

Thanks for the reply. N was adjusted about 4 weeks ago now and all seems well. Plants are eating well and seem to growing everyday. Had to support the branches last weekend due to weight of buds forming. I should also mention before i knew any better towards the end of VEG I had fans literally pounding the leaves with air which I also read can curl leaves... so I take full credit for the clawing of these plants lol. My next batch will not look like this my setup has got 100% better since I started my first 2 girls outside.

I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. As long as you've flushed out the previous nutes and given them the appropriate amount of flower nutes things should be ok. The leaves will still absorb light. The bud formation looks really good though. That's nice for for weeks. Looks like the plants are a healthy size also :)

welcome to :420:

Thanks for the reply! I did flush the plants right away when I figured out what was going on with them. Right after flushing I corrected the problem and has been smooth sailing every since. I've learned so much from these 2 girls I'll never forget it. Glad to hear the buds look good for 4 weeks i was worried. One plant is about 3 1/2 ft tall. The other is a bit of a runt and has been since day one but it has some serious looking bud sites on it.

Thanks for the reply. N was adjusted about 4 weeks ago now and all seems well. Plants are eating well and seem to growing everyday. Had to support the branches last weekend due to weight of buds forming. I should also mention before i knew any better towards the end of VEG I had fans literally pounding the leaves with air which I also read can curl leaves... so I take full credit for the clawing of these plants lol. My next batch will not look like this my setup has got 100% better since I started my first 2 girls outside.
Happens to the best of us! :high-five:
We push these plants to the max on a regular basis. Some casualties happen along the way...

I regularly have burnt tips from pushing that fine-line with my ladies. As long as I catch it & adjust, they always rebound.
-P:ganjamon:

Not sure if I missed it, but what are the strain details? Auto/photo? Sativa/indica/hybrid?

I wish I knew to be honest these were given to me without knowing what they are, I am pretty sure that these 2 girls are the Nuken strain. From smell to color etc all info matches up. Nuken is one of my favorite strains and it certainly smells just like it. Defintley a hybrid flower... not sure on the auto flower. I was vegging as long as I could but I started to see signs of flowering, but they were vegging for quite awhile. These plants were not in the best shape when they were given to me. They have come a long ass way to get to where they are today lol.

I wish I knew to be honest these were given to me without knowing what they are, I am pretty sure that these 2 girls are the Nuken strain. From smell to color etc all info matches up. Nuken is one of my favorite strains and it certainly smells just like it. Defintley a hybrid flower... not sure on the auto flower. I was vegging as long as I could but I started to see signs of flowering, but they were vegging for quite awhile. These plants were not in the best shape when they were given to me. They have come a long ass way to get to where they are today lol.
I was just asking because I've had a bunch of Sativa/Sativa dominant plants that flowered 10+ weeks. Might be the cause of buds developing a bit slower.

Let her run the course... she'll tell ya when she's done.
:thumb:

I was just asking because I've had a bunch of Sativa/Sativa dominant plants that flowered 10+ weeks. Might be the cause of buds developing a bit slower.

Let her run the course... she'll tell ya when she's done.
:thumb:
Yeah I think I'm just being impatient lol. Always worried something is going to go wrong. Watching them daily is a long process lmao. They are day 29 today into flower I will take a few shots of the buds in a few minutes when i get home and post them. the buds
Thanks for all the responses guys. Seems like a great forum!

The lighting is fine.
Do not ever go by the dosage they suggest.
It's usually too strong and you will burn and/or kill your plants.
Since your plants are already in flower I would feed them at half strength.
Also,add some silica to your grow.
It will make the stems stronger and your buds fatter.
It increases the uptake of the nutes.
Good luck with your grow.

Hey mystic. Welcome to 420 mag. It gets a bit more tricky to correct things when we don’t have all that new growth coming in to show us everything is ok. Lol. Just keep an eye on the leaves you have and make sure they don’t change much till closer to harvest time. They will start chunking for you before you know it.

Here are some pictures of my ones coming up now just to show you that I know what I'm doing somewhat now. Lol my big girls I feel are a result in learning the process and making mistakes.
Those newer ones look nice.
Do some trimming in the beginning,especially the lower leaves.
You can trim those off.
You should also do some topping at the stage they're at right now.

The lighting is fine.
Do not ever go by the dosage they suggest.
It's usually too strong and you will burn and/or kill your plants.
Since your plants are already in flower I would feed them at half strength.
Also,add some silica to your grow.
It will make the stems stronger and your buds fatter.
It increases the uptake of the nutes.
Good luck with your grow.
I probably should mention that my 2 big girls are in coco. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable changing my nutrenits at this point. My friend grew with the same nutrients and in coco and followed it from the bottle and his harvest ended up being amazing. I'm not saying your wrong in anyway I'd just hate to change something now and have issues. The biggest plants dries out by day #2 or #3 and the smaller is about 3 to 4 days.
They were originally in soil in veg and my local grow shop here threw coco at me and not informing me at the time at how different it was to maintain them soil... so that was a nightmare and my plants were basically at a stand still until I figured out the whole coco process. Like I said alot of troubles along the way and alot of trial and error. They seems to be holding up now the thought of changing stuff now just scares me they are changing daily and for sure getting heavier. All my smaller new girls are in promix soil. Coco was a great learning experience but I will be sticking with soil after these are done.

Back
Top Bottom