First Time Grow - Advice Welcome

Re: First Time Grow. Am i in the right direction?

what do you mean there noob if your going to be going outdoors then it is ok to harden off the leaves, but if just indoors i personally wouldnt but unsure myself as we are in completely dif climates.

what do you mean there noob if your going to be going outdoors then it is ok to harden off the leaves, but if just indoors i personally wouldnt but unsure myself as we are in completely dif climates.

Well i don't want to be completely outdoors I'm only doing it until I get sufficient lighting in my closet. I'm gonna bring them in later in the day when it gets too cold. The sun is pretty warm outside and there are no clouds. I know the plant would love that.

noob, I'm not sure if I'd try that as daylight hours are now less then 12hrs a day and temps getting too cold. it would be real easy to get held up or something and have them freeze to death.

noob, I'm not sure if I'd try that as daylight hours are now less then 12hrs a day and temps getting too cold. it would be real easy to get held up or something and have them freeze to death.

Yeah thats the only thing im worried about. I dont get home till about 11pm and while its not freezing at that time it is a little cool. But i would bring them in under the light. and maybe put them out in the morning. One the plants just spread wider a little since they've been out there for 20 minutes. Its a high of 78 F and at 11pm when i get home the sun wil be down and the temperature, 63 F.
IMG_20121024_132439.jpg
IMG_20121024_132505.jpg
IMG_20121024_132453.jpg
IMG_20121024_132446.jpg

hey you gota do, what you gota do and they are liking it for the moment from the pics. it getting in the 70's here today but they are calling for snow next week. So I wouldn't wait too long to get proper lighting.

if you placed a plastic bottle over them like a milk bottle or something then it will hold the heat inside when it gets a bit cooler its what i have to do late and early in the year outside

if you placed a plastic bottle over them like a milk bottle or something then it will hold the heat inside when it gets a bit cooler its what i have to do late and early in the year outside

Thanks! That makes sense. And hey hippie that's right. Whatever works lol

yeah i know a few people that do the same thing and i have to when im hardening them off to go out in the woods as i like to get them out about a week early to everyone else and then give them 5-6-7 months strain dependant.

Hey guys! I'm looking for 125W CFL on ebay and i came across this one. It says the its for studio photos but i has the same specs as the 125W everyone else is using. The first light ships from CHINA. Should i hop on this deal?

Hey guys! I'm looking for 125W CFL on ebay and i came across this one. It says the its for studio photos but i has the same specs as the 125W everyone else is using. The first light ships from CHINA. Should i hop on this deal?

dont understand why there only 5500k most cfls of that spec are 6400 for veg but i think a couple of the smaller ones should be ok.

i did see this when i looked on us ebay though - New Full Spectrum Plant Grow Light CFL Bulb 320W Output 6400K Blue Grow Photo | eBay

dont understand why there only 5500k most cfls of that spec are 6400 for veg but i think a couple of the smaller ones should be ok.

i did see this when i looked on us ebay though New Full Spectrum Plant Grow Light CFL Bulb 320W Output 6400K Blue Grow Photo | eBay

Hey Popcorn, the seller is blocked on Ebay and i already bought the 125W 5500K. should i combine that with what i have or should i only use the 125W? Also what is the ideal light frequency that i should shine on my plants?

Hey Popcorn, the seller is blocked on Ebay and i already bought the 125W 5500K. should i combine that with what i have or should i only use the 125W? Also what is the ideal light frequency that i should shine on my plants?

As your room is so small i would just use that think it should be enough, i use a 200w cfl in a 1.2mx1.2mx1.8m tent and its far bright enough for that.

URRM dont really know much about light frequencys, i think Bigirishdoode said to me yesterday at least 42watts of cfl for every 4 sq feet of plants, i was asking about the GLR system and thats what he said to me.

As your room is so small i would just use that think it should be enough, i use a 200w cfl in a 1.2mx1.2mx1.8m tent and its far bright enough for that.

URRM dont really know much about light frequencys, i think Bigirishdoode said to me yesterday at least 42watts of cfl for every 4 sq feet of plants, i was asking about the GLR system and thats what he said to me.

Shit you're the best!

Brought em in the house. They seem to have gotten bigger a little. I did notice the very tip of one of my leafs turning brownish yellow. I probably wont put them back out unless i know it a hot day.

did you get that light you link in earlier post? when I scrolled down on link it said light was 220volt light not the standard 120volt we use in USA

Brought em in the house. They seem to have gotten bigger a little. I did notice the very tip of one of my leafs turning brownish yellow. I probably wont put them back out unless i know it a hot day.

Yeah i think thats the best idea as you could potentially really harm them, think the yellowing should be ok just keep an eye on it and if it persists post some pics up and we will find out what it is.

did you get that light you link in earlier post? when I scrolled down on link it said light was 220volt light not the standard 120volt we use in USA

I did get it and yes i do now see that it has the 220V. Is that bad? I bet it ises more energy huh?

I did get it and yes i do now see that it has the 220V. Is that bad? I bet it ises more energy huh?

is it bad ? depend on here you live, Europe you're good in USA it's bad. the standard bulbs for USA are 120 volt and E-26 base( the screw in part of bulb). I wouldn't even try to use that bulb on 120 volt if you can get it to fit as it's base is mm larger it wont work it will burn up or blow fuses/breakers maybe both.

Back
Top Bottom