First time grow - Humidity issue

I have my tent setup and my put a heater in my room to get it up to temp. It is currently 74° in there and 34% humidity. I attempted to put a bowl of water in there to hopefully raise the humidity but no luck. Seedlings just spouted this morning so they are happy. But would like to get the humidity figured out before veg starts. I took a picture, but i dont think i have permissions to do so.

Thanks guys

hey! welcome.

if you're worried about getting the humidity up and a bowl isn't working, you can try hanging a cloth so it rests with the bottom submerged in the bowl, wicking the water up as its needed; then put it somewhere it will get airflow from your fan and check it in a couple hours..

I just finished about 5 weeks of veg from seed under HID between 30-40% RH and everything was fine, now that they are larger and transpiring more water, my tents humidity is up around 50% with no problems, but I had similar concerns in the beginning.

you can also cover the seedlings for their first week or so with plastic wrap or a propagation dome, to increase humidity while they get rooted.

good luck!

no problem! I think there are many members who are active daily, so you should find plenty of help when needed.

definitely start a journal, and put a link to it in your signature, so it shows up below every post you make..

here are some instructions on how to do that..
How to Add Links to Signatures

see my signature (and many others) for other recommended reading and resources;

the first link is a thread with tons of knowledge and is worth bookmarking to refer back to when you have questions.
the second is something i wish i read before starting my current grow, and i highly recommend you do so as well.
the third will help you get your first photos up in your journal, as any questions or concerns you have will be easier for the community to assist you with if you have recent photos at the ready.

:high-five:

I use wet hanging towels and the hanging in the bowel trick. I have wet towels haning off the edge of the scrog wherever I can do it without touching plants. But I use a 5 gallon bucket and drape a full size towel around one of my the inlet vents. So it is wiking up water and has the incoming air running over that towel.

I also take drip pans and fill them with old grow stones (that is another hydro medium you can use instead of clay pellets but those would work to) and have them by the base fan. A pan of water as you have found alone wont work but throwing in the grow stones makes lot of surface area and the water gets evaporated much faster. I am in there filling up the pans daily.

rags.JPG

Back
Top Bottom