First time grower from a third world country

Hey salt, so I finally got my seeds a week ago and I got my hand on a pack of dutch passion blue automazars. I have done everything right followed every step perfectly gave the best conditions possible and yet my seeds refuse to germinate. I put one seed for germination about 3 days ago and another about 4 days ago and both have not cracked or sprouted as yet. I am using the paper towel method. Please suggest what to do as I am losing hope and depressed as hell.

Did you soak them in water until they sank before putting them between the paper towels? Were the paper towels kept damp, and in a warm dark place? If so, they may take longer to germinate. Give them another week or so.

Did you soak them in water until they sank before putting them between the paper towels? Were the paper towels kept damp, and in a warm dark place? If so, they may take longer to germinate. Give them another week or so.
I soaked them for 18 hours and then tapped them with my finger and they sank. After wards I put them in a wet paper towel and sealed them in a plastic bag and put them in my grow room with temperature at about 28 to 29 degree and check them periodically to make sure they are moist.

I soaked them for 18 hours and then tapped them with my finger and they sank. After wards I put them in a wet paper towel and sealed them in a plastic bag and put them in my grow room with temperature at about 28 to 29 degree and check them periodically to make sure they are moist.

Don't seal them in a plastic bag. They need air to germinate.

I always use Jiffy pellets, much easier to germinate, no soaking, no replanting until the first leaves are open.
Dig a hole in the wet pellet 1cm (no deeper than 2cm) deep with a toothpick, put the seed in (crater up, point down) with tweezers, cover with the peat you dug out, mist and put somewhere dark and warm, check and mist every day.
Only ever had one seed fail to germinate. Everything else is up in 2-5 days.
My problems all occur later ..........

I'm in Thailand, everything too hot here, surprised Pakistan is that much cooler.

I always use Jiffy pellets, much easier to germinate, no soaking, no replanting until the first leaves are open.
Dig a hole in the wet pellet 1cm (no deeper than 2cm) deep with a toothpick, put the seed in (crater up, point down) with tweezers, cover with the peat you dug out, mist and put somewhere dark and warm, check and mist every day.
Only ever had one seed fail to germinate. Everything else is up in 2-5 days.
My problems all occur later ..........

I'm in Thailand, everything too hot here, surprised Pakistan is that much cooler.
Hey can you please share a step by step guide to how you use the pellets. They come dried and compressed in a pack how do we prepare them and how often do we water it and all.

This is all there is to it.
Soak pellet in bowl of water for 15 minutes, cut the top mesh off with scissors, stand upright in any sort of container, dig a hole in the wet pellet 1cm (no deeper than 2cm) deep with a toothpick, put the seed in (crater up, point down) with tweezers, cover with the peat you dug out, mist and put somewhere dark and warm.
No need to water as it's covered all the time, just open it up to check every day, and mist the mesh if it looks dry.

I just use an empty pill bottle with the top sliced off and a few small stones under and around to keep it all positioned.
Here's one I started yesterday afternoon ....... mesh is still wet, so no need to mist.
morning check.jpg

Nothing happening, so close the top, back in the warm place .......
Germinating.jpg

And after they're up, the top two should have already been re-potted once the baby leaves have straightened out, the lower two need another day. I just bury the entire jiffy in coco coir + Perlite, until the leaves are clear of the surface.
The biggest mistake you can make is not to re-pot soon enough, the root is longer than the stem, so it'll already be poking out the bottom of the Jiffy pellet of the top two ...... you need that root buried. When you re-pot only fill the pot 1/2 to 3/4, then as the plant stretches you can keep topping up the soil/coco to just below the lowest leaves.
up already.jpg

I soaked them for 18 hours.. After wards I put them in a wet paper towel and sealed them in a plastic bag.

Just put them in a glass of water for the first 24H (if you got them from the fridge) People do this to see if the seeds are still good. Seeds that don't sink are bad most of the time.
Are they 'fresh' ? Put them in a moist coffee filter of paper towel directly. Zipped or not, they should sprout within 48H/72H
Are the lights on in your grow room? The seeds should be kept/sprout in a dark place . When they are sprouted than they will look for light source.

How are ya doing now?

Just put them in a glass of water for the first 24H (if you got them from the fridge) People do this to see if the seeds are still good. Seeds that don't sink are bad most of the time.
Are they 'fresh' ? Put them in a moist coffee filter of paper towel directly. Zipped or not, they should sprout within 48H/72H
Are the lights on in your grow room? The seeds should be kept/sprout in a dark place . When they are sprouted than they will look for light source.

How are ya doing now?
Just ordered jiffy pellets a day before now waiting on them. I tried everything but the damn Seeds just wont sprout in a paper towel. I have worked so hard on getting the setup and nutes and now that all is set up ot just irritates the crap outta me that I cant even sprout them. Losing hope one day at a time lol.

Just ordered jiffy pellets a day before now waiting on them. I tried everything but the damn Seeds just wont sprout in a paper towel. I have worked so hard on getting the setup and nutes and now that all is set up ot just irritates the crap outta me that I cant even sprout them. Losing hope one day at a time lol.

Hopefully you receive them in a jiffy too :D

Could be that the paper towel way isn't your best way for germination? For me it is my favorite way of germinating, i had no success most of the time by putting them directly in pots for example so i stick to this. I know it is frustrating and seeds can get expensive. Doing it with jiffy's might work best for you.
If you have enough seeds sometime you can experiment later on and try other ways. But don't use hope, see it as a learning experience. We just getting started.

So got my hands on some photo period seeds and one of them germinated 3 days ago. I took the seed and put it in a peat pellet and left it in the dome. After 3 days this is the result. Do you guys think it looks ok ? Also when should I transfer it to a bigger pot? I will be using coco and perlite as a medium in 5 and 7 gallon bags. Please advise what to do.

Attachments

• IMG-20200421-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20200421-WA0001.jpeg
    542.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20200422-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20200422-WA0007.jpeg
    567.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-20200423-WA0064.jpeg
    IMG-20200423-WA0064.jpeg
    639.2 KB · Views: 25
What would be a better choice of grow light a mars hydro ts 1000 quantum board or spider farm sf 1000 ?
Your not gonna get many folks say yeah on the spider farmer . It’s Chinese . With that said, I run the SF 1000 and SF 2000 in my second grow. I had about 3 ounces on one plant 2 ounces on another . Lots of trichome production . I did not train my plants right so that’s why I had a low yield .
since this quarantine I’ve done a ton of research and bought The Electric Sky ES 180v2. I will run a 4by4 tent with 1/2 tent running SF 2000 and the other half the ES 180. Can’t wait ! So excited
I ran a SF 1000 in my 3by3 and had great results . Here is a picture in the 3by3 and also what the spider farmer produces
C6416CA2-74AE-446E-BDA2-DA72FA564395.jpeg

Attachments

• 644F05B5-6B92-40CD-AAC2-005174BF726C.jpeg
    644F05B5-6B92-40CD-AAC2-005174BF726C.jpeg
    630.5 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom