First Time Grower: In need of some help

Jcmcr

420 Member
Hi experts, My auto flowering seedling has been in the tent now for 11 days. I’m using a full spectrum 300w cfl with an extractor fan, carbon filter and intake fan. The seedling seemed to be doing well the first few days, however there doesn’t seem to be any growth since. Still only got 2 leaves on it, the temp is about 27c when lights on, drops to about 22c when lights out. The reader tells me the soil is moist and Ph level is just below 7. Is there anything I can do to speed things up, Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated

3186AA02-3F82-431A-BC93-B87192942BE8.jpeg

EDABE09D-6539-40B0-BAFD-017FF5508BE3.jpeg

2C4B77A1-9790-45A4-86F2-49B20A54177D.jpeg

Thanks Nutty Professor...There’s a tiny leaf coming from the centre, it’s too small to see on the picture. I germinated her first in a damp tissue until her root was visible then put her straight in the pot under a plastic cup with holes in for air flow. Planted in organic soil and have been using a root tonic mixed with water

02CA8642-0786-4D9C-9748-43A9DE0FE475.jpeg

A518CDAB-2F92-4C0A-B033-78CD1387578A.jpeg

:welcome:

welcome aboard JC
agreed with buds buddy. give us some more info

Hey Jc,

Welcome to forums at 420. We need to know exactly what the grow media is. Looks like soil but could be coco and it matters significantly.

So you want to speed things up? First take that probe meter and pitch it. Yes those 2 prong 3 way ph, light and moisture meters are useless, the only functional purpose we’ve discovered for those is for roasting 2 items at once such as hot dogs or marshmallows. Seriously toss it aside - they are very inaccurate.

Second I can tell by the pic that your soil is too wet, forget sticking a finger in up to 1st knuckle doesn’t work either because when the top appears dry - the bottom is still very wet. The roots can’t breathe or develop in a constantly wet soil.... in the beginning part of the grow the veg cycle you have to allow the soil to dry out to the point where you are uncomfortable. In totally dry soil she sends out tiny root hairs to search for water - this fine root hair growth will help the young seedling to grow.

Do not water every day, or every other day or every 3rd day, this makes for lazy roots. Take the container and tilt it to a steep angle and prop it up with something to maintain the steep angle, leave it propped up for an hour and see how much water the container pees out. After an hour there should be a puddle left there, that was the perched water table where water is held in suspension by the soil. After draining for an hour place the container back to its normal position, the perched water table will reset itself to a lower but more normal level.... but do not add any water for 3 days.

That is a tiny seedling in a huge container of soil. it only needs a teaspoon of water at a time and then no more water for several days.

FYI.... next time buy feminized photoperiod seeds, with autos yes they will automatically flower but if or when stunted they will not yield for crap. An auto can stunt if you part your hair on the wrong side, this is not the right type plant for a new grower to learn on. Go with fem photos - you can make mistake after mistake and the plant keeps humming right along... plus yields will be much more!

This was written for a soil grow.... however if you are growing in coco then most of this does not apply. Coco is way different from soil and must be treated accordingly.

Thanks for the reply 013. I’m growing in organic soil, and have used growers ark root tonic. I’ve taken her out and placed her at a tilted angle so the water drains. However I’ve checked the bottom of the pot by sticking my finger through the holes in the pot and the soil feels dry?

Could be to hot for a seedling. I'm sure it's good stuff right, but the seed has all it needs for food so going with more right now is bad. What you are not seeing is the work happening with the roots. The magic is there and if you could lift out what is there now you'd be amazed at the amount of roots reaching down and spreading out. Be patient ok, there are roots as fine as silk reaching all thru that soil so leave it be not jostling it around.

Back
Top Bottom