First Time Grower, Need Help

kak420

420 Member
Need help diagnosis my the following issue. Leaves are dropping and there is some yellowing of the lower leaves with some brown spots. Please let me know what info is needed to be helpful. Thank you for your time.
E9017173-2B5F-4594-A533-FD31E9E5E056.jpeg

93F7322B-3BD2-49AC-9CB4-59CE1C4004D8.jpeg
17269482-55F9-4B56-A00F-E66AB84F3ED1.jpeg
A7A1894A-0E7B-48D3-B8AF-E2BB19853D0D.jpeg

Hi Kak420. Welcome to 420. Click the link below and have a read.

How to Ask for Help :hookah:

Those are good pictures. You've got more than one thing going on with your plants. Have you seen any pests buzzing or crawling around your plants. Have a look at the back of the leaves. Do you see any white specks?

No white specks ok the back, maybe on the front side of the leaf I see some small white specks, they appear to come off when I brush it?
AED40089-1B83-4D9B-9823-0608B1A28A35.jpeg

D38119E8-05D0-4ADA-9B2C-A901E4252A4A.jpeg
DF92B93A-27C6-4808-A44B-EA266E45090B.jpeg
Ore pics, thank you for your time, what else can I do? Got them this far and nervous it's falling apart lol. Is it correctable?
6ABE3A9E-0284-46F6-BBC6-BF3AC3CB1DBB.jpeg

Those are good pictures. You've got more than one thing going on with your plants. Have you seen any pests buzzing or crawling around your plants. Have a look at the back of the leaves. Do you see any white specks?
Going to work on answering questions right now. It's a hybrid called Prophet

Hybrid called Prophet
Soil
3 Gallon Pots
Down to 5 plants, had 10
Indoor
8x4 tent
2 3000w full spectrum lights
Been doing a wet and dry cycle
Have humidifier
AC keep between 72-78
Carbon filtered exhaust fan

Hi,

Some more questions and then I think we can help. If you don't know the answer to some of these questions, say that.

Have you grown before (indoor/outdoor)? How old are these plants? Do you know what kind of soil? From outside, store bought (contents)? What are you feeding them? Do you water on a schedule? What PH is your water? Are you running fans inside your tent (good ventilation).

You have over/under something. The real question is why. It is usually to do with the PH of your water when you feed and/or overfeeding/overwatering. I've attached some charts for bedtime reading. I mentioned pest, because one of the pictures of a leaf looked like bite marks. You will eventually see them in the soil or flying around. If not, then it's not bugs.

I recommend you read this. The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

Attachments

• 1_pH_Nutrient_Availability_st0ney_gardensecure_com.gif
    1_pH_Nutrient_Availability_st0ney_gardensecure_com.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 40
  • marijuana-deficiency-chart.jpg
    marijuana-deficiency-chart.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 105
  • marijuana-deficiency-chart-jorge-cervantes.jpg
    marijuana-deficiency-chart-jorge-cervantes.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • Nitrogen deficiency.jpg
    Nitrogen deficiency.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 108
First time Grower Indoor
They are 5 weeks old
Store bought soil Happy Frog
General Organics Go Box Nutes
I have been watering every 3-5 days trying to do wet and dry cycle, pretty sure at one point I over watered and they were pretty dry when I took those pics so I was late maybe because they are needing more now I would guess.
I need to check the ph of my water
I am running a fan inside my tent.

Thank you so much for your response and the attached information. I'm going to check it out tonight, I'll let you know how they look when I turn the lights back on tonight.

Now we are getting somewhere. What do you know about PH? Are you PHing your water? If I were to guess, I’d say your water isn’t properly PH’d. That causes your roots to reject some or all of what you are feeding them. That’s my guess, but there are any number of reasons why your plants looks like that. At this point it doesn’t really matter, because you can fix it by resetting your soil (flushing). Flushing will get rid of any buildups that have caused your roots to lock. Flushing is not a big deal. It doesn’t hurt your plants.

What you want to do is slowly pour 9 gallons of water (3 x volume) through each pot. The last water should be with your properly PH’d nutrients. It takes a while.

You should be keeping a journal. If you aren’t, that’s a problem. You will absolutely forget to do something or do the same thing twice. You should have a feeding chart for your specific nutes from the manufacturer.

I’d use the search button above and look for other people on the site using your nutes and soil. Find people in the journals section and see what problems they have and how they are dealing with them. Grow Journals.

:cheer::cheer::bongrip::ganjamon::cheer::cheer:

I have not PH tested my water, I am going to do what you recommended and start keeping a journal. Thank you for your time. Hopefully send better pictures soon!

As I plan to try peat soil soon would like to see how this turns out. As I am almost 100% sure I am going to have the some similar problems just based on my passed experiences. Would like to see how you treat your plants. And learn with you.

I have not PH tested my water, I am going to do what you recommended and start keeping a journal. Thank you for your time. Hopefully send better pictures soon!

You are welcome.

You have got to PH your water. It’s not like growing outdoors. Buy a PH pen from amazon for $15 and some up/down (also cheap). You use it to adjust your water PH after you mixed your nutes. Most likely your PH is in the 7s and it needs to be 6.5. That means that half of your nutes aren’t getting taken up by the roots (There is a chart above that explains what is going on with PH). They sit in the soil and build up and clog up the works. That is most likely what is going on with your plant.

7. Totally normal. Did you get the stuff to lower the PH? If not, I understand lemon juice will do it (never used before). Fill a bucket and practice a couple of times. The PH up is stupidly potent. A little goes a very long way. You want it to be 6.4 after you’ve added all your nutes. So add your nutes and then measure the PH. Add PH down a bit at a time until you hit the mark. You need to stir everything up good before you measure.

I suggest you flush your pots now and then set your PH with nutes for the final water. Your plants will thank you.

:thumb::cheer::cheer::theband::theband::theband::cheer::cheer::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom