First time grower needs help and advice please!

newgrower92

hello all, this is my first time posting here so sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Im a first time grower about to pick up everything i need to start. I've read and watched what seems like millions of different articles and videos about indoor growing and i still have some very real questions and any help would be greatly appreciated about anything of the following.

I want to grow about 5 plants of all different strains, one kush, white widow, northern lights, purple haze, and big bang. I'm using bonza seeds which I've been told can be good and can also be bad. if you know of any other sites which ship to the USA and are reliable please tell me about it.

First off I'm buying a HID 600w lighting kit online on amazon, for about $150 I'm getting both a MH and HPS light with ballast, hooks and timer.

The thing I've been stuck on the most is what type of grow medium would be best. I want to use a soilless mix and I've herd that FFOF is good, and my other option I've been considering is a mix of Sunshine mix 4 and vermiculite. again i am very new to this so please let me know what you think is best and whats worked with you in the past.

For nutrients i was kind of stuck as well. i was thinking of buying the 3-pack from fox farms, (Big Bloom®, Grow Big®, and Tiger Bloom®) but i was looking for opinions on that. my other option was using a basic general
20-20-20 fertilizer (like greenhouse or jacks) for seeding and veg and then using greenlight superbloom for flowering.

I plan on using the wet paper towels for germination then placing them into rockwool, for seedling stage. after which i was going to move them into 1 gallon pots followed by 5 gallons before flowering. one question i have which may seem dumb is can u put the seedling in the rockwool right into the 1 gallon when transplanting or do u have to somehow remove the rockwool? I'm pretty sure u can put it right into it but id rather not guess.

Please Please Please people of 420 Magazine, help out a new aspiring growologist! let me know what grow medium would be best if those are not and which fertilizers are inexpensive and easy to use! thanks so much!

hello all, this is my first time posting here so sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Im a first time grower about to pick up everything i need to start. I've read and watched what seems like millions of different articles and videos about indoor growing and i still have some very real questions and any help would be greatly appreciated about anything of the following.

I want to grow about 5 plants of all different strains, one kush, white widow, northern lights, purple haze, and big bang. I'm using bonza seeds which I've been told can be good and can also be bad. if you know of any other sites which ship to the USA and are reliable please tell me about it.

First off I'm buying a HID 600w lighting kit online on amazon, for about $150 I'm getting both a MH and HPS light with ballast, hooks and timer.

The thing I've been stuck on the most is what type of grow medium would be best. I want to use a soilless mix and I've herd that FFOF is good, and my other option I've been considering is a mix of Sunshine mix 4 and vermiculite. again i am very new to this so please let me know what you think is best and whats worked with you in the past.

For nutrients i was kind of stuck as well. i was thinking of buying the 3-pack from fox farms, (Big Bloom®, Grow Big®, and Tiger Bloom®) but i was looking for opinions on that. my other option was using a basic general
20-20-20 fertilizer (like greenhouse or jacks) for seeding and veg and then using greenlight superbloom for flowering.

I plan on using the wet paper towels for germination then placing them into rockwool, for seedling stage. after which i was going to move them into 1 gallon pots followed by 5 gallons before flowering. one question i have which may seem dumb is can u put the seedling in the rockwool right into the 1 gallon when transplanting or do u have to somehow remove the rockwool? I'm pretty sure u can put it right into it but id rather not guess.

Please Please Please people of 420 Magazine, help out a new aspiring growologist! let me know what grow medium would be best if those are not and which fertilizers are inexpensive and easy to use! thanks so much!

Heya and :welcome:

If this is your first grow i'd suggest you start out small and simple just to get a feeling. (just my opinion :peace:)
Paper towel method is good, i have never used anything else, it takes a couple of days for the seed to sprout. As far as i know (by experience), you can transplant seed directly into rockwool and then put directly into your "growing medium" when roots are developed. I only do soil grows, i think it's easier even though people says different :) (gotta love the world for its diversity)
600w is fine for 5 plants imo so no worries.
>Fertilizers hmm, no great experience here, i only use one type of fertilizer(grow/bloom) that works for the entire grow.

I'm a first timer myself, so I have the same questions. After reading and watching countless videos (like I'm sure we all have lol), I have decided that I want to try L.E.D. So I ordered from pro led last week.

i pretty mush started half ass and now I'm trying to recover from it. I had a group of seeds in one big container, translated after they showed super stretch. This caused stress and they fell. I have 6 left and they look to be coming around. I guess I'll see what happens in a week or so.

LED good choice so is 600 hps. plants crazy strong, probably come back to life. for nutes easy and cheap, K.I.S.S. or lucas formula. kiss is one nute veg thru flower, lucas is two part. hempybucket. so easy.....even a caveman can yell out yolo or something like that! google kiss growing method. grow smoke be happy mon

Back
Top Bottom