First time grower needs help asap please

hey guys, just a quick update. i have not been able to upload pics so far but they have recovered really well and are actually in the 1st week of flower now with no problems, well, apart from strange holes and chuncks missing out of some leaves as if something eaten it but i have searched every leaf and even looked in medium and cant find any bugs and the plants dont seem to be fazed so ill let it be for now.
i have just bought a fan controller off a friend to try quieten down my 6" ram extraction
SMSCOM Fan speed controller 6.5 Amp <<<<< (same as this one) and also the thermostat to go with
however when i plug the fan into the controller it makes a buzzing noise coming from the fan. is this normal? or should i not use it and just let the fan do its own 100% and put up with the noise

hey all another update. sorry i have been vacant for a while. plants have had a huge turn around,
im in the back end of flower. 9 week into a 7 week flowering strain :D (green poison) tho i have a new problem now. she just does not want to finish. i did 2 full flushes 45L per 15L pot at the beginning of the flush 2 weeks ago 3 days apart and have been just giving filtered ph tap water since but the leaves are still green with the odd one showing "rust" and a few with dead tips but no yellowing. i tried a bud after drying and it tastes a little like hay sort of fresh if you understand what i mean.

as soon as i figure how to post pics i will.
i did have an accident where my fan fell into the plants and broke 2 tops :(

so here are the pics. like i say these girls are frosty and smell real lemony. not the biggest but its my first attempt so im happy :) they just wont finish... any ideas why they still so green?
10670.jpg
61084.jpg
51262.jpg
32037.jpg
8765.jpg
9549.jpg
7907.jpg

Did you feed them with any veg feed rather than a bloom in the flowering stage? They seem rather dark green for for the age they should be yellowing for sure. If they have had nitrogen this would keep them green and also keep the buds small as you don't want any nitrogen In flowering. They look done to me. I wouldn't worry about the leaves staying green it's better than them dying early which happens a lot

The slight burn on the tip of the leaves is very slight nute burn. I like to see this as you know they are taking up maximum nutes. Although I think you have given them nitrogen over the last few weeks?

How many litres of water are you putting 38ml in?
My advice would be to cut back on the feed a little. I see slight nute burn which means you have slightly over fed and the leaves are still green because your coco A & B is high in nitrogen specially the coco A. All plants act differently to nutes but your feed is a little strong. Do you plain phd water between feeds? If not I would suggest this on future grows. Also not sure if your growing in coco coir but if so your ph is better between 5.8-6.2 varying between these is good to do. I noticed in your earlier post your plants had the (claw) this is also most likely nitrogen toxity and possible slight over watering. Also wait for the pots to feel light before watering and water well. Don't let the plants get to the wilting stake before watering as your lose leaves but don't water them if they are still damp as your roots can't breathe and will die.I don't usually allow run off unless I develop problems it's not really necessary as it's not the true reading around the root zone. On your next grow try and give plant magic soil and nutrients a go I think your be pleasantly surprised. I've tried most soils, nutrients ect and always come back to plant magic! Will stick with this now.
By the way for your first grow you have done extremely well. My first grow wasn't so good but that was a very long time ago now

the first issue was heat and light stress then the wilting was because i got a bigger extraction fan 575cfm in a 4x4 tent and literally sucked all the air out of the tent so the plants became toxic in everything so i had to open more inlets (currently using car k&n air filters on intakes :D). somehow with a bit of tlc i brought them back to what they are now. they are grown in gold label hydrococo 60/40 clay pebble mix. i been feeding every 2 days or when the pots felt light but never dry. i gave plain ph water mayby once a month so i should prob do more often. temps stayed below 30*c and humidity a pretty stable 40-50% in flower.

the nutes were added to 10L of water (before ph) and left for a day as advised on canna website. i guess that was too much :( ahh well it has a real strong high and smells nice so i cant complain :D i dont think i did bad for a first grow tbh i was expecting more of a fail and death on my hands lol it has been a big learning curve for me but i have loved every min of it :)

ALSO ph i alternate feeds between 5.8 and 6 as the plant seemed to grow better and have no lockout that way. at least it seemed that way for me

Back
Top Bottom